• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What BPA may mean for Lions in 2015.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Suh leaves, then I want DL with pick 23. Either Shelton or Davis. Then we could go either O-Line or CB. Quentin Rollins in round 2 would be great. If we keep Suh then we draft OL and CB. Play it by ear as to which to take first. I know I want 2 OLs and 1 CB and 1 DT in the first 4 rounds regardless of what Suh does. If he decides to leave we will need another DT late. Maybe Terry Williams.

I watched Shelton kid other day and watched his practice for Reese's Senior bowl. That kid will be long gone by 23. That kid will be a beast like Suh.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scheme plays a huge part there IMO.

Shanahans zone scheme was like that. Take out Linehan and put in Lombardi's scheme and the same personnel basically sucked balls. Reggie was hurt a lot and I don't feel h was going to be any better than year if healthy.

Or maybe the same personnel just overachieved the previous season. I agree scheme is important but I was one of maybe two people that was ok drafting a tackle at ten last draft because I wasnt sold on their oline. Raiola leaving is huge, thats already a massive upgrade with swanson replacing him. If they build the right side of their line I will be ecstatic. If theres a great tackle at first pick they need to nab him. Im all about offensive and defensive line depth.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched Shelton kid other day and watched his practice for Reese's Senior bowl. That kid will be long gone by 23. That kid will be a beast like Suh.

Noooo one is a beast like suh. Dude is just hitting his prime and it showed, the next four years he will rewrite the record books, lets hope its with detroit.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reiff is good. Warford is also good. Swanson looks promising.

Need to fill the hole at LG big-time, and I'd target another RT and make Waddle a swing tackle. But no reason to suggest that nobody on our o-line is any good. Reiff had a helluva season this year, and continues to get better each season...

There is a RT from U of WI that I saw yesterday. Name??? Need the watch the game next week when I get home. I am still trying to ponder whether Lucas or Waddle are stuck at T or can one kick inside to being G?

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OT Havenstein 6'8" 330 lbs....

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noooo one is a beast like suh. Dude is just hitting his prime and it showed, the next four years he will rewrite the record books, lets hope its with detroit.

A glimpse of GV homerism? All the greats adventually get overtaken.

Not he is not Suh. He does seem to have the talent to be in conversation like Geno though.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still on the bandwagon of LSU La'el Collins @ # 23... He started out as a LG during his sophomore year and then moved to LT for the last two years. Many scouts project him better inside at OG or at worst, RT. He's a mauler, easy mover with above average foot quickness/technique in pass-pro.....

Having someone like him (could be others as well, not just him) and say FSU's OC/OG/OT combo guy in Cameron Erving might bode well. It depends on how well they perform/project. Let them battle it out... Swanson vs Erving for OC/LG... Collins vs Swanson and Erving for LG... Collins vs Waddle and Lucas for RT...hell maybe even Erving in that RT battle as well... lot's of diversity right there.... Erving, more than likely, would be long gone by 2nd rd pick

Here's a little tid-bit on Collins, from NFL.com (halfway down the page)
News - Around the NFL - NFL.com

The scoop: "He has the same type of body as Maurkice Pouncey and plays tough like Pouncey, too. I like him so far the best." - AFC offensive line coach on La'el Collins

The skinny: Collins played left tackle at LSU but projects to right tackle or inside to guard in the NFL. He was listed at 321 pounds at LSU but weighed in Tuesday morning at an athletic 308 pounds. Collins is known for his physicality and aggressiveness, and it was on display at the South practice throughout the day. While he had some hits and misses during his one-on-one sessions, the consensus was generally very positive about his performance with the idea that he very well could end up inside at guard.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a RT from U of WI that I saw yesterday. Name??? Need the watch the game next week when I get home. I am still trying to ponder whether Lucas or Waddle are stuck at T or can one kick inside to being G?

I think they're both pretty tall and long to move inside. You usually don't see a lot of 6'7" to 6'9" guards because that length makes the leverage battle on the inside much tougher. Shorter DTs are able to get up under the pad level of guys that tall and generating any push in the run game becomes very difficult...

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waddle tearing that ACL is something else to think about.. Can he recover in time for camp or even the start of next regular season. They never said how bad of tear it was.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they're both pretty tall and long to move inside. You usually don't see a lot of 6'7" to 6'9" guards because that length makes the leverage battle on the inside much tougher. Shorter DTs are able to get up under the pad level of guys that tall and generating any push in the run game becomes very difficult...

These reasons are why I ponder it. The fact Reynolds played G over them two would say Caldwell answered my question Anything would be better than seeing Reynolds ever again.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laken Tomlinson, G, Duke; Rob Havenstein, OT, Wisconsin

Tomlinson and Havenstein have really impressed scouts with their technical skills and awareness this week. Each player has shined in drills, despite facing some of the toughest run stoppers and pass rushers in the country. Part of their success can be attributed to their solid understanding of their respective games, which allows them to minimize their weaknesses by using clever tricks at the point of attack. Tomlinson, in particular, has been terrific working in tight quarters, utilizing a short set and quick punch to stone rushers in their tracks in one-on-one drills. In addition, he has shown the ability to anchor against power and protect the middle of the pocket to keep rushers out of the quarterback's face.

Havenstein has shown exceptional savvy and awareness neutralizing rushers off the edge. He does a great job of protecting his inside, yet displays the quickness and length to force rushers to take a wide angle around the corner. With Havenstein exhibiting sound technique and poise at right tackle, the former Badger has certainly helped his cause at the Senior Bowl.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gandydancer said:
Any skinny person would. After all there is no phrase " skinny and happy". You skinny folk are always grumpy.

:fencing:

AND

:finger2:

Last edited by a moderator:

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waddle tearing that ACL is something else to think about.. Can he recover in time for camp or even the start of next regular season. They never said how bad of tear it was.

Only a partial tear. He's expected to be full strength by training camp.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These reasons are why I ponder it. The fact Reynolds played G over them two would say Caldwell answered my question Anything would be better than seeing Reynolds ever again.

Reyonlds actually held his own pretty well at guard. It was tackle where he was a huge liability.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd still rather not see Reynolds anywhere on that final roster come September.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reynolds IMO is a career backup at best. As I said with Ashlee Palmer, competition breeds success. He will never push anyone for a starter spot. There is no Tahir within him. He can become some other teams backup and give me a guy who makes Warford and the LG better.