• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What BPA may mean for Lions in 2015.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gandy,

Im not saying that RB should absolutely be the pick in the first but I wouldn't be mad. I would be ok with just about anything they do.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember last year when CB was deep and the Lions got stuck with nothing from that group.
No, we took Neville Longbottom, CB, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

I am hoping he can assist Lombardi with a successful séance where he can talk with his grandfather on how not to be a suckass fool of an OC.

It's embarrassing to see other coaches looking over their playsheets to find the right call while Lombardi is on the sidelines with a Oiuja board trying to summon gramps for help.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gvs,

I agree about the oline but I'm not saying not to upgrade there if a RB is taken.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will be frustrated if they draft a rb or wr with the first pick. Fix the offense? Fix the oline.

In all seriousness -- I agree with this 100%. The offense struggled because of the offensive line. Since it seems Lombardi is coming back -- they have to find players who can perform in his scheme. Linehan excelled at finding ways to hide the deficiencies of the OL -- hopefully Lombardi learned some things last year and the OL is better next year with whatever additions to the team they make.

Other than OL -- it'd have to be DT. It really hurts to see a player like Aaron Donald excelling like he did as a rookie, as he wouldn't soften the blow of possibly losing Suh and/or Fairley. Of course -- we have no idea if we lose one, both or none, so the DT in the 1st depends on what happens with our FA.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Van Noy was injured Mike. Stop criticizing that second round pick.

It was a shame he was injured. I actually liked that pick.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like van noy still, guy is a gamer. The lions unfortunatley have an uncanny ability to draft guys who immediately sustain career killing injuries. Hopefully this is not the case with van noy because he could be a massive addition to the defense next season.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't laugh. We still need a TE that can stretch the field and catch the ball, so I wouldn't be shocked in the least bit to see another TE drafted. I jokingly said we'd draft Funchess, after we took Ebron last year. I can see Mayhew drafting Funchess and calling him a WR:suds:

Imagine an offense with Ebron, Pettigrew, Fauria, Calvin Johnson, Funchess and Tate. It'd be impossible to defend.

Mayhew drafted DT back to back and said he was making a strength a little stronger. He may have same ideas for TE:noidea:

Many have stated Zanders is reason for good drafts and for player pickups. Me being one of the them. I don't get praising Z for the good, but blaming Mayhew for the bad.

For someone to say Mayhew hired Zanders, so it falls on his shoulders. Then so does having a A+ 2013 draft.

Last edited by a moderator:

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gvs,

I agree about the oline but I'm not saying not to upgrade there if a RB is taken.

Build a good oline and the lions could put just about anyone there that would be succesfull. I think its the most overrated position on a team.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta be able to block for him, and we haven't been able to do that for years. Time to start asking if anyone on that line is any good? I'm not sure that replacing Sims and Ravioli is enough to really change that. :noidea:

Reiff is good. Warford is also good. Swanson looks promising.

Need to fill the hole at LG big-time, and I'd target another RT and make Waddle a swing tackle. But no reason to suggest that nobody on our o-line is any good. Reiff had a helluva season this year, and continues to get better each season...

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayhew drafted DT back to back and said he was making a strength a little stronger. He may have same ideas for TE:noidea:

Many have stated Zanders is reason for good drafts and for player pickups. Me being one of the them. I don't get praising Z for the good, but blaming Mayhew for the bad.

For someone to say Mayhew hired Zanders, so it falls on his shoulders. Then so does having a A+ 2013 draft.

The TE production was so godawful last year I wouldnt be surprised if they did draft another guy. Can we cut pettigrew already? Guy is worthless.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats fine by me. I'm on board with some new linemen but it shouldn't be hard to get two of them of its a LG and a RT. Do we really need a RT?

Waddle always grades out pretty damn well when healthy, but he's seemingly never healthy. I think between Waddle and Lucas we'd be fine at RT next season, but I'm not opposed to drafting one early and relegating Waddle to the swing tackle role...

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What BPA may mean for Lions? Hmm?

Brandon Pettigrew's Awesome
Burleson's Pizza Accident
Broyles' Preseason Ability
Better Prepare (for the wrath of) Austin

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely broyls preseason activity. Dude is a preseason champ.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't laugh. We still need a TE that can stretch the field and catch the ball, so I wouldn't be shocked in the least bit to see another TE drafted. I jokingly said we'd draft Funchess, after we took Ebron last year. I can see Mayhew drafting Funchess and calling him a WR:suds:

Imagine an offense with Ebron, Pettigrew, Fauria, Calvin Johnson, Funchess and Tate. It'd be impossible to defend.

Sigh... Mayhew would call him a WR, right along with the rest of the league, mostly because he's a WR, not a TE.

I'm really sorry about Ebron shooting your dog, stealing your high school sweetheart, and then burning your house down, but you've gotta move on at some point...

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Build a good oline and the lions could put just about anyone there that would be succesfull. I think its the most overrated position on a team.

Scheme plays a huge part there IMO.

Shanahans zone scheme was like that. Take out Linehan and put in Lombardi's scheme and the same personnel basically sucked balls. Reggie was hurt a lot and I don't feel h was going to be any better than year if healthy.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Suh leaves, then I want DL with pick 23. Either Shelton or Davis. Then we could go either O-Line or CB. Quentin Rollins in round 2 would be great. If we keep Suh then we draft OL and CB. Play it by ear as to which to take first. I know I want 2 OLs and 1 CB and 1 DT in the first 4 rounds regardless of what Suh does. If he decides to leave we will need another DT late. Maybe Terry Williams.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gandy,

Im not saying that RB should absolutely be the pick in the first but I wouldn't be mad. I would be ok with just about anything they do.

Sorry, I thought that was the road about to be taken.

Stop lying to yourself LT. They take a QB first your head might possibly explode. As would mine. I don't mind Stafford, I just mind his inconsistent play. Drives me crazy.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like van noy still, guy is a gamer. The lions unfortunatley have an uncanny ability to draft guys who immediately sustain career killing injuries. Hopefully this is not the case with van noy because he could be a massive addition to the defense next season.

He had a sports hernia. Never heard of that de-railing a career...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:10:

Now, I'll say that some RBs are special, and can change the complexion of the game with a great TD run, but a stud o-line can make most any NFL-caliber RB successful.

I'm a fan of stocking the o-line and running big, 240 lb.-type RBs down the defense's throat. Force the defense to stack the box, and make 185 lb. CBs pay the price trying to bring down a RB with 50 lbs on them...