• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What are your playoff expectations?

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
if "once in the play-offs anything can happen"......then it applies to all play-off teams.

while we can beat anyone even away from home, anyone can beat us, even at home.

Hahaha!! That will be quite enough common sense out of you, mister! ;)

49ermann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Before the season started I just wanted this team to make it to the playoffs. Now with the dominate preformance of the D and the 10-2 record. I want them to at least win one playoff game. I feel like if we just show up and loose the first game, all of the progress made this regular season will be looked at as fake.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before the season started I just wanted this team to make it to the playoffs. Now with the dominate preformance of the D and the 10-2 record. I want them to at least win one playoff game. I feel like if we just show up and loose the first game, all of the progress made this regular season will be looked at as fake.

the word is "dominant." Not "dominate." Sorry, but I see this particular error all the time.

Carry on.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

agree with the bolden, granted i gave it less than a 50% chance before the season.

regarding current expectations, this is just natural, human nature. now that we've seen 12 games the expectations have risen...a lot. for me its not when we lose, but how we lose? if we do lose a play-off game, then as long as we didn't 'give it away'.

losing teams obviously make mistakes, so not trying to say 'mistake free' in losing. but lets not game plan poorly, execute poorly, give up 4 turnovers, or self-implode with 12 penalties.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing that the 49ers could be facing the Giants or Detroit for their first game, I would be disappointed if they didn't win either game, especially since its at home. I would still be happy with one win and a good game in Green Bay where Smith showed that he could throw and score, even if it wasn't enough to beat the Packers. Although that is now, if they get to the NFC title game I'm sure I'll be pissed no matter how they lose, we've lost to the Packers enough in the playoffs in the 90s by my estimation.

Texas9erFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Barring any epic failure, I see us with the #2 seed and facing the Saints at the Stick for the divisional round.
DEFENSE is what will make us successful once we get in the playoffs. I believe our D can slow down the Saints... and the Packers enough to let our offense make a good game of it.
If we can hold 'em to field goals while we control the clock and score TDs, we can go all the way to the big dance.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the word is "dominant." Not "dominate." Sorry, but I see this particular error all the time.

Carry on.

It's "Got Milk?" not "Got Melk?". Sorry but I just never have seen anyone make this mistake before. Just kidding. (I know what it's referring to)

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's "Got Milk?" not "Got Melk?". Sorry but I just never have seen anyone make this mistake before. Just kidding. (I know what it's referring to)

Well played. :arg:

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Barring any epic failure, I see us with the #2 seed and facing the Saints at the Stick for the divisional round.
DEFENSE is what will make us successful once we get in the playoffs. I believe our D can slow down the Saints... and the Packers enough to let our offense make a good game of it.
If we can hold 'em to field goals while we control the clock and score TDs, we can go all the way to the big dance.

its been our D all season and it won't change in the play-offs. but i've always felt defenses rise up more in the play-offs, so that certainly give us a competitive chance Saints or Packers notwithstanding.

this is 'stating the obvious' but we're beginning to see longer throws on offense. like to think this is a little bit of preparation for the play-offs? not just Alex Smith and WR's, but everyone on offense.

btw - just read Greg Cossell feels the Cards D is playing well,and more importantly he feels they utilize pressure schemes ala Ravens. this is good in the sense it helps our O-line (mainly) learn more, experience more, improve more.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Seeing that the 49ers could be facing the Giants or Detroit for their first game, I would be disappointed if they didn't win either game, especially since its at home. I would still be happy with one win and a good game in Green Bay where Smith showed that he could throw and score, even if it wasn't enough to beat the Packers. Although that is now, if they get to the NFC title game I'm sure I'll be pissed no matter how they lose, we've lost to the Packers enough in the playoffs in the 90s by my estimation.

There is no plausible scenario I can think of where they will not play New Orleans.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There is no plausible scenario I can think of where they will not play New Orleans.

IF everything holds the same, but with four games left ya just ne'va know? four games is still enough left where chit happens (1/4 the season).

there are two assumptions here......1) we hold onto the #2 seed, and 2) the Saints win their first play-off game. so first things first, the 49ers have to win enough games to keep the bye.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i wonder if culliver can cover graham. he'd be a match up nightmare for our safeties. then there's sproles out of the backfield. i honestly think we can contain the packers in green bay, but the saints are gonna be a problem. not to mention their pass rush will have our offensive line's heads spinning

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
IF everything holds the same, but with four games left ya just ne'va know? four games is still enough left where chit happens (1/4 the season).

there are two assumptions here......1) we hold onto the #2 seed, and 2) the Saints win their first play-off game. so first things first, the 49ers have to win enough games to keep the bye.

To me, the most likely scenario is Niners keep #2 and the Saints win their first playoff game and come to SF. If they flip positions and the Saints get the #2 seed, I think the Niners will win their first round game at home and then have to travel to play the Saints. Either way, I don't see how they avoid the Saints.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've repeatedly heard Mike Sando on the radio say that he thinks the 49ers could run all day on the Saints and it would be a good matchup for us.

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They couldn't even run on the Rams, how are they gonna run on the Saints?

The Saints will not play well in the playoffs this year. To cold for them..............."wishful thinking"

We owe the Saints and Packers a beating

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Saints will not play well in the playoffs this year. To cold for them..............."wishful thinking"

We owe the Saints and Packers a beating

Don't feed the pantshitting troll.