• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What are your playoff expectations?

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If they somehow won that game the Super Bowl would be an afterthought for me like it was in '81 when they beat the villians from Dallas in the NFC Championship game. I was so happy after that game that I didn't really care what happened in the Super Bowl.

Interesting comment - I know exactly what you're talking about, I felt precisely the same way. It was one of those rare moments when "just being there" was truly enough. Those losses from a decade earlier were finally vindicated...

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with our defense it has to be super bowl. the offense doens't have to light it up, but it needs to be functional. baltimore clearly showed how to attack our offensive line.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with our defense it has to be super bowl. the offense doens't have to light it up, but it needs to be functional. baltimore clearly showed how to attack our offensive line.

The Baltimore game showed nothing other than how poor NFL scheduling makes for a poor game. We were not prepared nor rested well enough to play that caliber of team on the road. If we meet them in the Super Bowl we will win that game 9 out of 10 times.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Baltimore game showed nothing other than how poor NFL scheduling makes for a poor game. We were not prepared nor rested well enough to play that caliber of team on the road. If we meet them in the Super Bowl we will win that game 9 out of 10 times.

like the optimism, really do. yes, short of rest because of the travel, and not enough preparation also due to travel. the Ravens had a little more preparation time playing at home.

agree it'll still be close games and with a few less sacks, but wouldn't go as far as 9 of 10. the troubling part is it was three of the sacks were our linemen just getting beat. there were other pressures that didn't show up as sacks, so there is a concern their D-line is simply out manning our O-line.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

teams that overload one side of our line, like baltimore did, confuses our blockers. we'll see how we handle the steelers, cuss i'm sure lebeau will attack us much in the same way.

the pressure up the middle is just brutal to watch.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
teams that overload one side of our line, like baltimore did, confuses our blockers. we'll see how we handle the steelers, cuss i'm sure lebeau will attack us much in the same way.

the pressure up the middle is just brutal to watch.

and wouldn't New Orleans attack the same way? so lets use the Ravens and Steeler games (most of all, not only) to learn how to handle it.

if we lose individual battles, i can live with it because their simply better. but lets not lose because of miscommunication, losing timeouts, false starts, holding, etc.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm hoping the coaching staff fixes it when we play the steelers. if not the saints will give us big problems.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i'm hoping the coaching staff fixes it when we play the steelers. if not the saints will give us big problems.

yep.

it may not be totally fixed in the Steelers game, but it shouldn't be nearly as bad. there should be less 'miscommunication' issues on pass protect. this includes TE's and RB's.

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Beside the Cowboys who can beat us at home

Noooooooooooooooooobody

We will definitely be in the NFC title game

But who does that leave the Packers playing?

Cowboys, Giants, Detroit or the Falcons

They could lose to one of those teams also and we will be at home for the NFC title game.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
if "once in the play-offs anything can happen"......then it applies to all play-off teams.

while we can beat anyone even away from home, anyone can beat us, even at home.