• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What a cluster

droider

Human NFL Almanac and College Football Insider
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Seattle would win hands down before deflate gate, but now Belichick and Brady and hole team are so pissed off now and only one they can take there frustration out on is Seattle. I'm a Patriot fan but a football fan first and I do think we cheated with spy gate just like everyone else did but we are the ones that got caught. I don't think they deliberately deflated the football and they will use this with the help of the media. Has a football fan I hope Sherman and Earl Thomas are 100% because I would not want to tackle a pissed off Blount being hurt. For me I hope the media keeps this up. May the best team win.

who specifically is "they"? because it's a fact that someone did deflate them.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who specifically is "they"? because it's a fact that someone did deflate them.

There are very few facts available. Mostly conjecture. A bunch of balls were below pressure. No one knows if they were checked properly before the game. No one has shown any proof that someone deflated them. Nobody even knows if the Colts balls were over pressure before the game and didn't get checked. The NFL says they were checked before the game, but there is no evidence of this. The refs probably screwed this up.

droider

Human NFL Almanac and College Football Insider
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are very few facts available. Mostly conjecture. A bunch of balls were below pressure. No one knows if they were checked properly before the game. No one has shown any proof that someone deflated them. Nobody even knows if the Colts balls were over pressure before the game and didn't get checked. The NFL says they were checked before the game, but there is no evidence of this. The refs probably screwed this up.

Huh? So the refs deflated them after they were checked? Your post makes zero sense.

If the NFL truly wanted to bury this matter, they would've quickly said 10 days ago "Hey, we screwed up and never checked them to begin with. So no one knows if they were ever properly inflated to begin with". And that would've been the end of it.

But the opposite is happening here. NFL is standing by the fact that they checked the balls beforehand.

So again, someone deflated them after they were checked. Pretty simple really.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no evidence shown yet that the balls were checked with a gauge before the game. The first statement from them said they were, but considering how many 'sources' have been completely wrong so far, I would not be surprised if they just gave a few balls the old squeeze test and said they were good.

As BB said, their prep process could cause the pressure to rise by 1 psi, so if they sent them to the refs at 11.5 or 12 to see if they could get them passed without a gauge check, then the psi goes down after the ball reaches equilibrium and bingo, 10.5 - 11.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im not buying this reverse psychology that says deflategate is a net positive for the pats.

for one thing, brady will have to throw a fully inflated ball. advantage seahawks.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im not buying this reverse psychology that says deflategate is a net positive for the pats.

for one thing, brady will have to throw a fully inflated ball. advantage seahawks.

Right you are! It's going to make zero difference.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats will certainly be motivated to show the world they are not cheaters, but I don't think it will matter. I think the Hawks will out hit them, and will pull away later in the game. I expect a closer game than last year, but maybe a 7-12 point margin of victory. If we win by blowout again it will be because of a Pick 6 and/or ST score. I don't think they will win by blowout, but they could win a close one.