• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What a cluster

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I'm hearing about is the damn deflated balls and we're 9 days away! I don't think that Marhshawn Lynch spilling his guts on 60 minutes or Richard Sherman banging Gisele in Copley Square at high noon would even register right now. Can we just talk about football? If Brady used deflated balls to get here then so be it. It has nothing to do with the Seahawks or their path and I'm sure the balls will be properly inflated for the Super Bowl.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I'm hearing about is the damn deflated balls and we're 9 days away! I don't think that Marhshawn Lynch spilling his guts on 60 minutes or Richard Sherman banging Gisele in Copley Square at high noon would even register right now. Can we just talk about football? If Brady used deflated balls to get here then so be it. It has nothing to do with the Seahawks or their path and I'm sure the balls will be properly inflated for the Super Bowl.

I'm with you.....Here's what I posted on another thread hoping to get a response.

As a outside fan of the Seahawks, I'm worried about two things that I don't hear getting much attention........Earl Thomas (shoulder) Sherman (Elbow).......These two things bring real concern when talking about DBs covering the Pats WR's and Gronk.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the injuries to Sherm and ET, no news is good news.

Media is simply covering what they think is the most interesting. Right now that's the controversy with the Patriots. Lynch not wanting to talk or grabbing his nuts is old news. Sherm being outspoken and edgy is all stuff we've seen before at this point. They're just talking about what people most interested in. Probably will subside a bit once the teams arrive to Glendale.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well last year the only two things the media could think of to talk about leading up to the Super Bowl was Sherman's rant and Lynch's aversion to the media. That's the downside to a two week lead-up to the Super Bowl... two weeks for the media to dwell on things instead of one. The league might want this to go away because it's taking the focus off of the game, but because of the investigation they have to do, it's not going to go away and there's no way they'll announce their findings/punishments before the game. Doing that would take even more of the focus off of the game. We're going to get another week of this and depending on how Lynch chooses to approach media day this year, it's possible we'll be hearing about that for the last few days leading up to the game as well.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From a 'get there and get the job done with as few distractions as possible' pov, isn't deflategate the best possible thing to happen for Seattle?

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From a 'get there and get the job done with as few distractions as possible' pov, isn't deflategate the best possible thing to happen for Seattle?

Pats may be pumped up with more to prove however,regardless both teams will try and bring their A game so i doubt this scandal will be too much of a distraction.

I guess Pats fans can use the excuse if they lose though,seems to be a common theme these days.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you.....Here's what I posted on another thread hoping to get a response.

As a outside fan of the Seahawks, I'm worried about two things that I don't hear getting much attention........Earl Thomas (shoulder) Sherman (Elbow).......These two things bring real concern when talking about DBs covering the Pats WR's and Gronk.

Sherman practiced fully all week. John clayton said if the game was to orrow hed be listed as probable and play ..he should be just fine.

Et was a bit limited, and would be listed as questionable if played to orrow.....he also will play and should be fine. He played trouggh it in the nfccg

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats may be pumped up with more to prove however,regardless both teams will try and bring their A game so i doubt this scandal will be too much of a distraction.

I guess Pats fans can use the excuse if they lose though,seems to be a common theme these days.

Can the Pats overcome the distraction? Absolutely. It's just more noise in what is already maybe the noisiest environment in sports. At the very least, Belichek is spending time on this that he could be spending huddling with his coaching staff.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN.com is running, on its front page, a story on the whole "Pete Carroll used to coach the Pats and was replaced by Belichick" thing right now. It's been almost exactly six days since we found out what the matchup was going to be and this story is just now being run because of the "Deflate-gate" story surfacing on Sunday night. I mean, didn't pretty much everybody figure that this would be the dominant storyline in the leadup to the game? Now, between "Deflate-gate", Lane's big mouth, the fines being levied against the Seahawks after the NFC Championship game and the questions about how Lynch will handle Media Day this year, it's probably the 5th biggest storyline at best. How unexpected is that?

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN.com is running, on its front page, a story on the whole "Pete Carroll used to coach the Pats and was replaced by Belichick" thing right now. It's been almost exactly six days since we found out what the matchup was going to be and this story is just now being run because of the "Deflate-gate" story surfacing on Sunday night. I mean, didn't pretty much everybody figure that this would be the dominant storyline in the leadup to the game? Now, between "Deflate-gate", Lane's big mouth, the fines being levied against the Seahawks after the NFC Championship game and the questions about how Lynch will handle Media Day this year, it's probably the 5th biggest storyline at best. How unexpected is that?

It's crazy,all fun aside on the gen forum i just wish it would go away for now.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not worried about this deflate gate obsession in the current media cycle even one bit. Probably really helped the team as there was far less light on them this week while the real work of getting the game plan installed was going on.

You will hear plenty from the team during the media cycles next week. The question is how much of lynch will we see as it was said yesterday that the league was in negotiations with him about those commitments.

As for news on Thomas and Sherman, those reports are out there and aren't hard to find. Both are said to be on course to return for the game. Thomas was on limited practice and Sherman has been running routes, but they are not having him do much with his arm until next week. Carroll said both will be fine for the game and full go. In fact, all of the players on the 53 are expected to be available for the game including Britt.

Not sure why some of you are so worried about the media not feeding on Seattle for a week with this scandal in NE. It's seriously a positive thing. Less distractions for the team. Less coverage of Lane and his stupid comments about Gronk. No more talk about Wilson crying, Baldwin bitching, or Lynch grabbing his crotch.

I see zero negatives for the team with this scandal.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not worried about this deflate gate obsession in the current media cycle even one bit. Probably really helped the team as there was far less light on them this week while the real work of getting the game plan installed was going on.

You will hear plenty from the team during the media cycles next week. The question is how much of lynch will we see as it was said yesterday that the league was in negotiations with him about those commitments.

As for news on Thomas and Sherman, those reports are out there and aren't hard to find. Both are said to be on course to return for the game. Thomas was on limited practice and Sherman has been running routes, but they are not having him do much with his arm until next week. Carroll said both will be fine for the game and full go. In fact, all of the players on the 53 are expected to be available for the game including Britt.

Not sure why some of you are so worried about the media not feeding on Seattle for a week with this scandal in NE. It's seriously a positive thing. Less distractions for the team. Less coverage of Lane and his stupid comments about Gronk. No more talk about Wilson crying, Baldwin bitching, or Lynch grabbing his crotch.

I see zero negatives for the team with this scandal.

Same,it is kinda nice not having Seahawks this and Seahawks that all the time again.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been following the story but mostly stayed out of the discussions. All of those threads are just sparring back and forth. Really sucks for the Patriots but very much a benefit for Seattle being out of the spotlight for now. I just don't think there will be any kind of resolution to the situation that will satisfy anybody. Its an ugly mess.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think way to much is being made of deflate gate, but I like that it helps the Seahawks avoid all the negative press that you usually see and hear. Kind of nice actually.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think way to much is being made of deflate gate, but I like that it helps the Seahawks avoid all the negative press that you usually see and hear. Kind of nice actually.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. I just remember watching the Seahawk GB game a few times, and ET and Sherman got injured. Sure Pete Carroll is going to say they are fine.....I look at the players hanging arms etc etc and that speaks more to me then a press conference on Probable/Questionable/Doubtful.....

Elbows and Shoulders are big parts of a DBs game escpecially a physical DBs game plan.

Just because they play doesn't mean they are healthy. I don't want to see either shy away from contact because of the injuries. The second I see either one shy away, I will know it wasn't meant to be.

I think Seattle wins if truly healthy.....I would feel better if Gronk and Edleman suffered a dislocated shoulder and sprained elbow instead of ET and Sherman.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this wholeheartedly. I just remember watching the Seahawk GB game a few times, and ET and Sherman got injured. Sure Pete Carroll is going to say they are fine.....I look at the players hanging arms etc etc and that speaks more to me then a press conference on Probable/Questionable/Doubtful.....

Elbows and Shoulders are big parts of a DBs game escpecially a physical DBs game plan.

Just because they play doesn't mean they are healthy. I don't want to see either shy away from contact because of the injuries. The second I see either one shy away, I will know it wasn't meant to be.

I think Seattle wins if truly healthy.....I would feel better if Gronk and Edleman suffered a dislocated shoulder and sprained elbow instead of ET and Sherman.

I don't think the injuries are going to be a problem. They're both really tough guys and they can play through the pain. If it were a knee or ankle then I'd be more worried. And the Pats don't have the best of WR's in the league so Sherman or ET can give up a little bit and more than have it covered.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never hurt n elbow but I have dislocated both shoulders, many times. I continued in my (very physical) sport. My concern for Thomas is long term. He can play Sunday and probably will.
What happens after that? The damage gets worse, dislocation becomes much easier and eventually surgery. Unless they schedule surgery, 3 weeks after the game.
My ortho would have him in a sling for 3 weeks from GB game. If not, damage will be done.....

09boomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Seattle would win hands down before deflate gate, but now Belichick and Brady and hole team are so pissed off now and only one they can take there frustration out on is Seattle. I'm a Patriot fan but a football fan first and I do think we cheated with spy gate just like everyone else did but we are the ones that got caught. I don't think they deliberately deflated the football and they will use this with the help of the media. Has a football fan I hope Sherman and Earl Thomas are 100% because I would not want to tackle a pissed off Blount being hurt. For me I hope the media keeps this up. May the best team win.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Seattle would win hands down before deflate gate, but now Belichick and Brady and hole team are so pissed off now and only one they can take there frustration out on is Seattle. I'm a Patriot fan but a football fan first and I do think we cheated with spy gate just like everyone else did but we are the ones that got caught. I don't think they deliberately deflated the football and they will use this with the help of the media. Has a football fan I hope Sherman and Earl Thomas are 100% because I would not want to tackle a pissed off Blount being hurt. For me I hope the media keeps this up. May the best team win.

Pats will be motivated no doubt, but so will the Seahawks. They have a chance to do some thing really special...repeat. They will be bringing their A game IMO.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Pats aren't the only team pissed off, Seattle has a lot on the line. If you think tackling a pissed off Blount is a challenge, just imagine trying to tackle a pissed off Lynch. That IMO is a much more difficult task. Overall, should be a good hard hitting game.