• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Western Conference

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They wanted to get paid and in LA situation he actually wanted to play for a title so can't blame either of them. Portland isn't a great market so hard to keep FA or even sign attractive FA
They wanted to be paid and they wanted to play for a contender - The Lakers aren't ready for that. I never believed that the Lakers had a chance to sign the big guns even though some in here thought I was being pessimistic. Next year they might have a better chance, but I think they are two years away from a really big signing.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I digressed, but the bottom line is they wanted better money and to play for a contender at the same time. It is a shame that Portland couldn't keep them together, but players like to change some times.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never played fantasy basketball.. Is it worth it?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never played fantasy basketball.. Is it worth it?

I wouldn't suggest doing a daily league. It is frustrating because you consistently have to change your lineup daily. It's not like baseball where teams are usually playing 6 days at least or the entire week. But a weekly fantasy basketball league is pretty fun IMO

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How anyone can say the Warriors had an easy path to the NBA finals is beyond me. Not taking anything away from Lebron or the Cavs, but the east is a cake walk to the NBA finals. Aside from the Pelicans and Blazers, every other team in the Western Conference Bracket(injuries included) would have easily been in the Eastern Conference Finals (at least).

Yes I get the fact the Warriors played teams who had a major injury component to their team. Doesn't mean they had an easy time.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the last spot in the West will be won by the team that is the healthiest. I see a lot of parity between the Suns, Jazz, and Mavs. Kings have a real outside shot, but I feel an implosion is more likely.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How anyone can say the Warriors had an easy path to the NBA finals is beyond me. Not taking anything away from Lebron or the Cavs, but the east is a cake walk to the NBA finals. Aside from the Pelicans and Blazers, every other team in the Western Conference Bracket(injuries included) would have easily been in the Eastern Conference Finals (at least).

Yes I get the fact the Warriors played teams who had a major injury component to their team. Doesn't mean they had an easy time.

I wouldn't say they had a easy road but every team they played had a significant injury to a starter. Either the starter was out or missed a few games.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say they had a easy road but every team they played had a significant injury to a starter. Either the starter was out or missed a few games.

Definitely. Not arguing that each team the Warriors faced had some sort of major injury to their team. But the road to the finals has been much debated on the Warriors side, without mentioning how easy it was for the Cavs to make it in the East. Yes the Cavs were decimated by injury. And yes, they would have posed a much bigger threat, if not potentially winning the championship with a full roster. But people discounting what the Warriors did, by dismissing the fact that they went 67-15 in the regular season, including losing a total of 5 games in the playoffs, in a loaded Western Conference is weird to me.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely. Not arguing that each team the Warriors faced had some sort of major injury to their team. But the road to the finals has been much debated on the Warriors side, without mentioning how easy it was for the Cavs to make it in the East. Yes the Cavs were decimated by injury. And yes, they would have posed a much bigger threat, if not potentially winning the championship with a full roster. But people discounting what the Warriors did, by dismissing the fact that they went 67-15 in the regular season, including losing a total of 5 games in the playoffs, in a loaded Western Conference is weird to me.

Ya, I don't get the intense desire of some people to discredit other's accomplishments. It is strange.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I agree. Did the Warriors have some luck re: injuries? Yes. But luck with injuries is a big part of winning a championship.

If nothing else, it's the luck of the team that won managing to stay/get healthy through the regular season and playoffs.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't recall any one saying the Warriors had an easy path to the Finals to be honest. Who said that any way? That being said and asked, I will say, however that with a healthy Kevin Love and Irving, the Warriors might not have won that series

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think some people are underestimating the addition of Tyson Chandler, he still has something left in the tank… at 32 he can give us at least solid production for the next two years, and his backup Len looks really promising. Having one of those two on the court for 48 mins is going to give us size and defense at the center position that we've been lacking for as long as I can remember as a Suns fan. The best part is both centers can run the court as well and won't slow us down, the P&R game should be strong.

Bledsoe is also reportedly making huge progress, he had a monster year last year and I only expect him to get better. This team could surprise people, I'll temper my expectations though because of the Keef Morris situation.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't recall any one saying the Warriors had an easy path to the Finals to be honest. Who said that any way? That being said and asked, I will say, however that with a healthy Kevin Love and Irving, the Warriors might not have won that series

Key word. "might not"

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looked like an easy path for the warriors because we were that good