• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Western Conference

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams 1-7 (Barring major injures) are basically set….

SAN-GSW-OKC-MEM-LAC-HOU-NOP

That likely leaves one spot for these teams: Utah, Phoenix, Dallas, Sacramento, etc.

Who do you think makes it and why?

PS- before you say the Pelicans aren't guaranteed a spot, yes, yes they are if they stay healthy. The Brow is a top 3 player and this year could have the best season in the entire league. Plus add in Tyreke, Jrue, Asik, Anderson, etc….

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was gonna say portland then i had to look at roster...gotta question if damian lillard just isn't a good guy to play with or what. aldridge and wes matthews both bailed on him. id say phoenix gets the last spot.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was gonna say portland then i had to look at roster...gotta question if damian lillard just isn't a good guy to play with or what. aldridge and wes matthews both bailed on him. id say phoenix gets the last spot.

Yeah that roster was completely torn apart this offseason, they lost 4/5 starters. Dame is good, but not good enough to lead a team by himself in the West.

I agree, I think it comes down to Utah and Phoenix. Maybe Dallas if D-Will and Dirk show they have anything left in the tank, but probably not. Sacramento is a dark horse if their Rondo experiment works out, but that's a huge IF.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way the Pelicans don't make it is if AD misses a significant amount of time due to injury, they lost Jrue and Ryan Anderson for 63 games combined last year and still got in. I also think they could jump a couple teams and get 5th or 6th. Top 4 imo are GSW, SAS, OKC and LAC but I think they could give the Rockets or Grizz a run for those 5 and 6 seeds.

I'm hoping the Kings get that final spot with a much deeper team than they had last season, but I have to see the team chemistry come together during the season and see Rondo play more like an all star than a guy who "quit" on his team in the playoffs before I'll really believe it can happen. Right now I'd say Utah, great defense led by DPOY candidate Rudy Gobert. The offense isn't great but they're young and talented.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be a good race for 8th in the West this year for sure, looking forward to it.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be a fun battle for that 8th spot. I like Utah to make it. Their defense will be strong and the youth should be improved on offense.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams 1-7 (Barring major injures) are basically set….

SAN-GSW-OKC-MEM-LAC-HOU-NOP

That likely leaves one spot for these teams: Utah, Phoenix, Dallas, Sacramento, etc.

Who do you think makes it and why?

PS- before you say the Pelicans aren't guaranteed a spot, yes, yes they are if they stay healthy. The Brow is a top 3 player and this year could have the best season in the entire league. Plus add in Tyreke, Jrue, Asik, Anderson, etc….

I got at least Curry, Durant and LeBron ahead of him.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ anyone who thinks Phoenix even makes it in the top 10 in the West.

:pound:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Sacramento is a disaster from a front office management perspective so it would be fitting if some way, some how George Karl molds the pieces into a functional team and they make the playoffs. That would then convince Vivek Ranadive he thinks he knows what he's doing so he doubles down not realizing it was just a one year fluke and then makes a bunch more moves to "make them a contender" but really just hampers them for another 5 years

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way the Pelicans don't make it is if AD misses a significant amount of time due to injury, they lost Jrue and Ryan Anderson for 63 games combined last year and still got in. I also think they could jump a couple teams and get 5th or 6th. Top 4 imo are GSW, SAS, OKC and LAC but I think they could give the Rockets or Grizz a run for those 5 and 6 seeds.

I'm hoping the Kings get that final spot with a much deeper team than they had last season, but I have to see the team chemistry come together during the season and see Rondo play more like an all star than a guy who "quit" on his team in the playoffs before I'll really believe it can happen. Right now I'd say Utah, great defense led by DPOY candidate Rudy Gobert. The offense isn't great but they're young and talented.

Utah is going to be very good, too bad Exum got injured. They are young so they will be very inconsistent but from a talent perspective they are set. I think it'll be decided by a game or two between UTH/PHX

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Utah is going to be very good, too bad Exum got injured. They are young so they will be very inconsistent but from a talent perspective they are set. I think it'll be decided by a game or two between UTH/PHX
Suns got the edge on offense and the defense should improve with Chandler. It'll be an entertaining fight for 8th between at least 2 of those 4 teams you listed.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love it if the Timberpups managed to sneak in. But, they are so very young.

So. Im going with the Jazz.

The Kings have a nice collection of names. But, as soon as things get tough, that powder keg of a locker room will go...:exploding:

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors spurs will be the number 1 and 2 seed. After that its up for grabs

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors spurs will be the number 1 and 2 seed. After that its up for grabs
Perhaps, but if Kevin Love and Irving are both healthy for the playoffs, they will lose if they make it that far.