• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Western Conference Finals: OKC Thunder VS Golden State Warriors

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as 2 of 3 of curry, klay, green step up along with 2 role players, they should do well

Jay Kumar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OKC better close this out...I have a scary feeling Warriors will win the series but I hope Im wrong

Reactions: LAD

ChrisWebber

Changed my password to "incorrect"
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OKC got this. I believe they will blow out GS again. Westbrook will play MUCH better.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GS was able to feed off the home crowd for the win, a luxury they won't have tomorrow night.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For selfish reasons, I want a game 7 on memorial day. Gonna be tough for GS, but I think they have a chance

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OKC better close this out...I have a scary feeling Warriors will win the series but I hope Im wrong

Not saying much here but winner of game 6 wins the series. Especially if it's OKC.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what guys on Golden State are GREAT explosive athletes?

Harrison Barnes

is that it?

when i look at okc its obviously Westbrook and Durant........but when im looking at athleticism- Waiters is a great athlete, Adams is a great athlete...Ibaka..im talking about measureables like size, speed and strength, jumping etc....just pure athleticism--- not skill.....their is a BIG difference in athleticism between John Wall and Kyrie Irving- but Kyrie is better because he is far more skilled.....thats not what im talking about here....

I think the only GREAT Nba athlete on the Warriors is probably Barnes...i think this hurts them against a team like the Thunder who have the most purely athletic team since probably the Heats 2nd LeBron year.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Harrison Barnes

is that it?

when i look at okc its obviously Westbrook and Durant........but when im looking at athleticism- Waiters is a great athlete, Adams is a great athlete...Ibaka..im talking about measureables like size, speed and strength, jumping etc....just pure athleticism--- not skill.....their is a BIG difference in athleticism between John Wall and Kyrie Irving- but Kyrie is better because he is far more skilled.....thats not what im talking about here....

I think the only GREAT Nba athlete on the Warriors is probably Barnes...i think this hurts them against a team like the Thunder who have the most purely athletic team since probably the Heats 2nd LeBron year.

Holy crap are you serious right now?!? Have you never seen andre iguodala play once in your life?!? LOLL

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Harrison Barnes

is that it?

Lol iggy is are best athlete c'mon now. Barnes, klay, and ezeli are pretty good athletes too. But that doesn't matter

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously I can't believe you would forget about andre iguodala c'mon man that's pretty bad lol. We are talking about an olimpian gold medalist, a track star. He was one of the better athletes in the league

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously I can't believe you would forget about andre iguodala c'mon man that's pretty bad lol. We are talking about an olimpian gold medalist, a track star. He was one of the better athletes in the league

Yeah, even at 32 he still holds that title on that team.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He tried to use them. That first post-Shaq season he averaged 6.0 APG. But Clayton is right, he had to be a high volume shooter for them to have a chance at winning. He was playing with the likes of Smush Parker and Kwame Brown. Two horrible players. They weren't going to win anymore games if Kobe tried to get them more involved.

He could force things back then because no one could stop him. He could literally rise up and get a jumpshot against anybody anytime and anywhere on the floor. Didn't even matter if he was double or triple teamed. That was still a better shot than giving the ball to frying pan hands Brown.
While I don't disagree with anything you've said none of it addresses my point-which was when players force things they don't win (a title) and that outcome was no different for Kobe.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not about not forcing things, it's about learning when to force things. Every superstar who wants to win titles has to learn that. There are times when they have to take over the game/force things. When they get it right, they are generally successful.

MJ had to learn it, Kobe had to learn it, Westbrook and KD needed to learn it (especially Westbrook). If they have learned it, they have an excellent shot at winning the title this year and possibly again next year.
I can agree with this- but usually- not always- when the stars include the rest of their team there isn't much forcing needed. But I get your point.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can agree with this- but usually- not always- when the stars include the rest of their team there isn't much forcing needed. But I get your point.

True, including their teammates is preferable, but as we've seen, the role players don't always step up, especially on the road. That's always been one of the criticisms of Lebron. He doesn't take over the game as often as he should when his teammates aren't getting the job done.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, including their teammates is preferable, but as we've seen, the role players don't always step up, especially on the road. That's always been one of the criticisms of Lebron. He doesn't take over the game as often as he should when his teammates aren't getting the job done.
You're right. My reason for not taking this fact into consideration is I've been watching too much Warriors ball. Their entire team is ALWAYS engaged and it's nice to watch a team like that.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's an excellent point. Most of the time the team that scores the most points gets the W.
Looks like @Heatles84 beat you to it this time captain obvious. :dhd:

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All good things come to an end
Good things sure- but the fact that's a PERFECT record means he/they are GREAT. A little hard to "bring to an end".