• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Western Conference Finals: OKC Thunder VS Golden State Warriors

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. When Kobe was forcing things he wasn't winning. Please see those seasons after Shaq left & before Pau arrived.
Thats meaningless. Kobe was still good but his teammates sucked. It shouldn't be shocking that Kobe did better with better teammates.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats meaningless. Kobe was still good but his teammates sucked. It shouldn't be shocking that Kobe did better with better teammates.
I never said it was shocking. What I said was when he forced things he didn't win. His team mates are irrelevant in that debate since he didn't use them- hence the term forcing things.

And if you need another example then see the season right before Shaq left when Malone & GP joined the Lakers. That was another season Kobe was trying to force things. It was disastrous to put it lightly.

Don't get me wrong. I love me some Kobe. Even through those times- but I can't lie and say he didn't play the same way RW & KD play. I think he & RW are actually cut from the same cloth in terms of how they play & approach the game.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said it was shocking. What I said was when he forced things he didn't win. His team mates are irrelevant in that debate since he didn't use them- hence the term forcing things.
Kobe's highest FG% in the playoffs came in 2005-06 when they played...I believe a #2 seed Suns team...and the Lakers were Kobe, Lamar Odom and dudes.

The next year he shot .467 from the field in the playoffs.

The next year they traded for Pau.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe's highest FG% in the playoffs came in 2005-06 when they played...I believe a #2 seed Suns team...and the Lakers were Kobe, Lamar Odom and dudes.

The next year he shot .467 from the field in the playoffs.

The next year they traded for Pau.
Did he win during either of those years? No. And did you stop to think why his FG% was so high? He was mainly the only one shooting. He's even said it at times. That's forcing IMO.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well numbers disagree with you lol. Curry has done well in the past too

I'll give him the past, because I didn't see that...I have seen this series and I've seen the stats.

FWIW...I'm about as unbiased as one can get here...I don't pull for either team and like the heck out of both players.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did he win during either of those years? No. And did you stop to think why his FG% was so high? He was mainly the only one shooting. He's even said it at times. That's forcing IMO.
He was forcing and making. Because he was really good and thats what really good players often have to do.

He lost because his team was bad. This is early Lebron argument all over again.

The Thunder have already beaten a pretty badass team that was capable of winning a championship. I was pointing out that sometimes KD and Westbrook were prone to TOs and sloppy play leading to fast break points on offense. Thats just going to happen with a team that tries to win with athleticism. Live by Westbrook and die by Westbrook. You replace Westbrook with Joe average PG and this team doesn't beat the Spurs.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was forcing and making. Because he was really good and thats what really good players often have to do.

The Thunder have already beaten a pretty badass team that was capable of winning a championship. I was pointing out that sometimes KD and Westbrook were prone to TOs and sloppy play leading to fast break points on offense. Thats just going to happen with a team that tries to win with athleticism. Live by Westbrook and die by Westbrook. You replace Westbrook with Joe average PG and this team doesn't beat the Spurs.
Yes, I agree he was making them as the 46% FG stat shows us. And even though his team might have been no more than average or even below average role players he didn't use them much- which brings me to my original point. When players try to force things vs. making good basketball plays they tend not to win.

The seasons Kobe did it he didn't win a title. The seasons that RW & KD have done it didn't bring them a title. They don't even typically win single games when they force the issue- as we've seen as recently as this series. The reason is because 1 guy (in this case two guys) forcing things usually can't beat a team that plays together and uses all of their resources. I'm thinking the only time this might have been different was in MJ's latter years of his career.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I will also note that earlier in the reg season when OKC was only playing the 2 man ball (RW & KD) and not involving their team mates they weren't winning as much. Clearly when they use the other guys they win- which is what we saw in the Spurs series and now with GS.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will also note that earlier in the reg season when OKC was only playing the 2 man ball (RW & KD) and not involving their team mates they weren't winning as much. Clearly when they use the other guys they win- which is what we saw in the Spurs series and now with GS.

Warriors made solid adjustments in game 5. Let russell and KD make tough one on one shots. And keep the role players wide open to shoot long jumpers

Reactions: LAD

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They (Warriors) just need to box out that fucking gypsy in the middle and they'll be ayight.