• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Western Conference Finals: OKC Thunder VS Golden State Warriors

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I agree he was making them as the 46% FG stat shows us. And even though his team might have been no more than average or even below average role players he didn't use them much- which brings me to my original point. When players try to force things vs. making good basketball plays they tend not to win.

The seasons Kobe did it he didn't win a title. The seasons that RW & KD have done it didn't bring them a title. They don't even typically win single games when they force the issue- as we've seen as recently as this series. The reason is because 1 guy (in this case two guys) forcing things usually can't beat a team that plays together and uses all of their resources. I'm thinking the only time this might have been different was in MJ's latter years of his career.

He tried to use them. That first post-Shaq season he averaged 6.0 APG. But Clayton is right, he had to be a high volume shooter for them to have a chance at winning. He was playing with the likes of Smush Parker and Kwame Brown. Two horrible players. They weren't going to win anymore games if Kobe tried to get them more involved.

He could force things back then because no one could stop him. He could literally rise up and get a jumpshot against anybody anytime and anywhere on the floor. Didn't even matter if he was double or triple teamed. That was still a better shot than giving the ball to frying pan hands Brown.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I don't think momentum carries over game to game, I think Golden State pulls off this comeback. They definitely have some mojo back after last night's game.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All good things come to an end

I think warriors curry,klay mostly gotta take the okc bigs off the dribble and get them in foul trouble. Don't jack up quick 3s which they didn't do last game. Which is a good thing. I think that's what it will take to win besides curry and green showing up.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think warriors curry,klay mostly gotta take the okc bigs off the dribble and get them in foul trouble. Don't jack up quick 3s which they didn't do last game. Which is a good thing. I think that's what it will take to win besides curry and green showing up.

I think the Warriors winning or losing come down to 2 things

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said it was shocking. What I said was when he forced things he didn't win. His team mates are irrelevant in that debate since he didn't use them- hence the term forcing things.

It's not about not forcing things, it's about learning when to force things. Every superstar who wants to win titles has to learn that. There are times when they have to take over the game/force things. When they get it right, they are generally successful.

MJ had to learn it, Kobe had to learn it, Westbrook and KD needed to learn it (especially Westbrook). If they have learned it, they have an excellent shot at winning the title this year and possibly again next year.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's called a sarcastic joke lol I already know what needs to be done and I've seen it all now

I know you were but to be serious now. I really think it comes down to the supporting cast for both teams. OKC is 3-0 when KD and Russ gets solid production from multiple players (Waiters, Ibaka, Adams, and Kanter). As for the Warriors, role players production usually decrease on the road in the playoffs. I'm not sure if guys like Bogut and Speights can do what they did last night in a hostile environment tomorrow night

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you were but to be serious now. I really think it comes down to the supporting cast for both teams. OKC is 3-0 when KD and Russ gets solid production from multiple players (Waiters, Ibaka, Adams, and Kanter). As for the Warriors, role players production usually decrease on the road in the playoffs. I'm not sure if guys like Bogut and Speights can do what they did last night in a hostile environment tomorrow night

That's always big factor: how the role players play on the road. Big part of the story in the ECF.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's another part of it. But it doesn't have to be speights or Bogut. Iggy, barnes (for once in his life) Livingston. Ect

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's another part of it. But it doesn't have to be speights or Bogut. Iggy, barnes (for once in his life) Livingston. Ect

I agree. I think they need 3 of the other guys (excluding Green) to help out Steph and Klay.