• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Western Conference Finals: OKC Thunder VS Golden State Warriors

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right. My reason for not taking this fact into consideration is I've been watching too much Warriors ball. Their entire team is ALWAYS engaged and it's nice to watch a team like that.

Yeah, I've said before that the Warriors style of play is the closest I've seen to the way the Showtime Lakers used to play since the Showtime Lakers.

But even with them, we see the occasional time where Steph or Klay will just take over and go crazy. Although, it's usually because one of them has gotten insanely hot and the rest of the team is smart enough to just keep feeding them.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I don't think momentum carries over game to game, I think Golden State pulls off this comeback. They definitely have some mojo back after last night's game.
The pressure is on OKC to wrap this up at home. If they don't they'll have to win a game 7 on the road in ROARORACLE. That's in the heart of the Bay. It will bee deep up in there. LOL

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you were but to be serious now. I really think it comes down to the supporting cast for both teams. OKC is 3-0 when KD and Russ gets solid production from multiple players (Waiters, Ibaka, Adams, and Kanter). As for the Warriors, role players production usually decrease on the road in the playoffs. I'm not sure if guys like Bogut and Speights can do what they did last night in a hostile environment tomorrow night
If you're comparing records then Warriors come out on top. Their role players are ALWAYS engaged and helping them win games. That's what they've done all season so it's not like they don't know how to do it or even that they need to do it.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I've said before that the Warriors style of play is the closest I've seen to the way the Showtime Lakers used to play since the Showtime Lakers.

But even with them, we see the occasional time where Steph or Klay will just take over and go crazy. Although, it's usually because one of them has gotten insanely hot and the rest of the team is smart enough to just keep feeding them.
^^^^^THIS^^^^

I just don't understand when a team will go away from whatever was working for them and helping them win. We see it all the time. Another good example is a team that was doing work in the paint-establishes a nice comfy lead and then will start shooting a ton of jumpers. They start bricking and don't realize they need to get back in the paint to keep scoring. I also don't know how a coach can sit on the sidelines and watch that happen without calling time out and getting his team back on track with what was working for them.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors are actually known for being very athletic. While they lack a Durant or Westbrook, Iggy, Barnes, Klay, Livingston and Green are all rangy defenders who can guard multiple positions. I can't think of any team (besides OKC) who has better athletes than the Warriors.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're comparing records then Warriors come out on top. Their role players are ALWAYS engaged and helping them win games. That's what they've done all season so it's not like they don't know how to do it or even that they need to do it.

The Warriors role players were not a factor in games 3 and 4 in OKC so saying they're always engaged is a lie. And if you don't think they need to do it tonight lmao....It will be a repeat of games 3 and 4 if the Warriors role players don't show up. Both teams need their role players to win games. OKC role players been more consistent than the Warriors in this series and it is a major factor why they're up 3-2

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors role players were not a factor in games 3 and 4 in OKC so saying they're always engaged is a lie. And if you don't think they need to do it tonight lmao....It will be a repeat of games 3 and 4 if the Warriors role players don't show up. Both teams need their role players to win games. OKC role players been more consistent than the Warriors in this series and it is a major factor why they're up 3-2
You always overreact. When did I say they don't need them to show up? My goodness. Maybe you can stop assuming and actually READ what you see in print.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if the Warriors try to get cute with their matchups again, OKC will role. I don't think leaving Roberson alone is an effective strategy. Donovan is too good getting him moving around and creating offensive advantages.

Curry guards Roberson at all times. Let Klay be the primary defender on Russ, with Barnes and Iggy taking turns on Durant. Green needs to check Ibaka and Bogut/Ezeli/Speights should guard he OKC bigs. By the way, Speights needs to play more. His scoring is needed.

If GS gets the matchups right and is able to move the ball offensively, they will win. If Curry plays hero ball tonight, they will be eliminated. The Dubs are great because of balance and I feel like Curry has tried to do too much lately. They are hyper focused on him so he needs to play more off the ball and let Iggy and Green create more.

Reactions: LAD

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What did you mean by this? Maybe I misunderstood?

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did you mean by this? Maybe I misunderstood?
I meant that they already know they need to get engaged and stay engaged. That's how they've played all season and a HUGE part of why they've been so successful. At this point that's second nature for them.

I agree they didn't play that way in games 3 & 4. But no team is perfect and there will be games like that. It was just unfortunate for them it happened in an important series.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if the Warriors try to get cute with their matchups again, OKC will role. I don't think leaving Roberson alone is an effective strategy. Donovan is too good getting him moving around and creating offensive advantages.

Curry guards Roberson at all times. Let Klay be the primary defender on Russ, with Barnes and Iggy taking turns on Durant. Green needs to check Ibaka and Bogut/Ezeli/Speights should guard he OKC bigs. By the way, Speights needs to play more. His scoring is needed.

If GS gets the matchups right and is able to move the ball offensively, they will win. If Curry plays hero ball tonight, they will be eliminated. The Dubs are great because of balance and I feel like Curry has tried to do too much lately. They are hyper focused on him so he needs to play more off the ball and let Iggy and Green create more.

LOL. The first paragraph makes no sense. It should say leaving Roberson is ineffective.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors are actually known for being very athletic. While they lack a Durant or Westbrook, Iggy, Barnes, Klay, Livingston and Green are all rangy defenders who can guard multiple positions. I can't think of any team (besides OKC) who has better athletes than the Warriors.
well you also thought the Thunder didnt match up well against the Spurs and had no chance.....

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously I can't believe you would forget about andre iguodala c'mon man that's pretty bad lol. We are talking about an olimpian gold medalist, a track star. He was one of the better athletes in the league
last year i would have said it probably...but this year - especially in the playoffs- do i think Andre Iguadala looks like an explosive athlete? No not really. I mean- sure i guess you can make the argument.

What ireally meant is who are the guys on each team that can stretch the floor, that are fast athletic, young explosive types.

Barnes is a great athlete at or near the height of his athletic prime. Its why i think OKC gives the Warriors a tough time- OKC has a ton of those guys- prob the most in the league.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well you also thought the Thunder didnt match up well against the Spurs and had no chance.....
I did. I knew they would give the Spurs trouble with their quickness. I just wasn't ready to go out on that limb & say they would win because of how RW likes to play hero ball- or how he & KD like to take over & freeze out the other guys. If they had done that the Spurs would've won because they know how to capitalize on their opponents mistakes.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I never said they had no chance. You said they matched up well and I pointed out how they didn't. In the end OKC won because they were the better team, but I still don't think the matchups favored them. The Spurs had all the right pieces to thwart OKC's biggest advantages, they just didn't do it. Durant and Westbrook were playing at too high a level to be slowed by a team who is great at defending perimeter players.

You can keep bringing this up all you want, but it does not make my analysis wrong, or yours right.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing is, you don't even know why OKC won that series.

They won because Adams and Kanter utterly dominated Tim Duncan. I did not hear anyone predicting that.

Yes, OKC won, but there is still not a team in the league better equipped to defend the Thunder than the Spurs were. Give me all the bad ratings you want, but the above statement is still true.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hey show us when tlance said okc had no chance vs the spurs? So you can be exposed as a fraud

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey show us when tlance said okc had no chance vs the spurs? So you can be exposed as a fraud

I remember predicting the Spurs would win in 5 games, but that is different from saying OKC had no chance.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember predicting the Spurs would win in 5 games, but that is different from saying OKC had no chance.

Yeah I just looked at all your post from that thread. You predicted spurs in 5 but never said okc had no chance. Really not shocking that piece of crap @WiggyRuss is making up lies on another poster