• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Western Conference Finals: OKC Thunder VS Golden State Warriors

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is going to happen when your unanimous mvp and "unstoppable", he will receive a lot of hate even from fans. The good thing is he is somewhat liked if Lebron had a game or series like this he would have choked his entire career away and not even a top 5 player in the league. So it isnt as bad as it could be

I think the major difference in viewing them individually was that Curry peaked after winning a championship. He had championship credentials before even being mentioned as a possible best player in the NBA. Lebron was dominant, but wasn't able to get over the hump until Miami. It sucks, because he is great, but it is what it is. Championships are the only thing people really use to differentiate the Elite players.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is this, a "stay on topic" post?
  1. We're talking about the Warriors being championship or bust
  2. Wiggy implied that, as a fan, you can still enjoy amazing seasons without championships
  3. I said part of that is from endouring decades of championshipless sports in Cleveland
  4. you said you disagreed with everything Wiggy said about enjoying great, championshipless seasons as a fan
  5. I pointed out that your perspective is from a guy who picks championship teams to be a fan of
It was a pretty linear discussion.
Its Championship or Bust for Cavs. last year was a year to enjoy the run. This team is running out of time. LBJ is getting older and now u have back to back rookie head coaches trying to lead this team. That is where they screwed up(front office).

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just stop lol. They were world champions last year, they broke the NBA record for wins and were in the debate for the best team ever, they felt disrespected and they have been the favorites all year to win it all. Just bc you don't guarantee championships doesn't mean you aren't expected to win it. If you are in the discussion for the best regular season team or team in general discussion, you are expected to win 100% and IMO it is a failure not bc of being the favorite but the domination they displayed and records being broken by not just the team but by some players.
I also agree GS is now a Championship or Bust team. Especially this year after setting the record. OKC and Toronto are playing with house money.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its Championship or Bust for Cavs. last year was a year to enjoy the run. This team is running out of time. LBJ is getting older and now u have back to back rookie head coaches trying to lead this team. That is where they screwed up(front office).

Talk about "how'd we get from point A to point B"...

That said, for Lebron's legacy, this playoffs seem to be critical.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If it twerent fer Wade, Bosh and Love being big injury pussies, baby BronBron would have 20 fuggin rings.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah 1st off cant afford another Loss in the Finals, 2nd this would be a Big upset of Toronto pulled this out. 3rd if Cavs do lose what is next for this team? If OKC beats GS this might be LBJ best chance to win a title in Cleveland. He already beat OKC in the finals with KD and Westbrook. Thats a confidence edge to LBJ and the Cavs.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it twerent fer Wade, Bosh and Love being big injury pussies, baby BronBron would have 20 fuggin rings.
The great ones dont need 3 stars on the team(yes u need a good team around you). He should of won more no matter what. He had a 2-1 edge in the Finals last year but ran out of gas and shot poorly.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to back BK here but what has the saints, yankees or ND won lately. ND has been good, yankees not so good, saints have been bad.

Well, I was the one who made the initial observation, so in its defense, recent success wasn't really a consideration.

I mentioned that they are three teams that were all tops of their respective sports and winning championships in the late aughts, and assumed that is the time period that bk became a fan.

Subsequently, bk mentioned that he is too young to have seen any Notre Dame success, which last took place in the early '90s. That timeline lends some credence to my assumption.

That said, I was just busting balls, and clearly he's stuck with those teams when they're not winning. Frankly, I don't give a shit how or why anyone decides to be or not be a fan of whatever team.

I did find it funny as hell though that when I blew bk a little shit about his specific teams, Trojan comes from out of nowhere to tell me how he is, in no way, not now or ever, a front runner. Defensive much?

Last edited:

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah 1st off cant afford another Loss in the Finals, 2nd this would be a Big upset of Toronto pulled this out. 3rd if Cavs do lose what is next for this team? If OKC beats GS this might be LBJ best chance to win a title in Cleveland. He already beat OKC in the finals with KD and Westbrook. Thats a confidence edge to LBJ and the Cavs.

You may or may not know, but I know slightly more than dick about basketball, but what I hear from Lebron fans is that he's lost finals because his teams have either been shitty or broken. As that's not the case this year, it seems to me that it's important that he pulls this one off.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is going to happen when your unanimous mvp and "unstoppable", he will receive a lot of hate even from fans. The good thing is he is somewhat liked if Lebron had a game or series like this he would have choked his entire career away and not even a top 5 player in the league. So it isnt as bad as it could be

I think with guys like Curry, and Bron too I guess, part of the reason people take so much delight when they fall is because of the media hype machine.

The Warriors are media darlings, and rightfully so...imo

But, when they are crammed down your throat, ad nauseam, the boo birds come out in flocks to chirp when they fall.

The players didn't crown themselves unbeatable. The Media did and some of us lemmings swallowed the line hook and sinker.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think with guys like Curry, and Bron too I guess, part of the reason people take so much delight when they fall is because of the media hype machine.

The Warriors are media darlings, and rightfully so...imo

But, when they are crammed down your throat, ad nauseam, the boo birds come out in flocks to chirp when they fall.

The players didn't crown themselves unbeatable
. The Media did and some of us lemmings swallowed the line hook and sinker.

Lebron kinda did by calling himself the King before he played an NBA game.

:bolt:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree, it is championship or bust.

I would like to add, if KD wins one this year, Chris Paul and Melo have to leave their current teams because the sand glass is almost empty.

Even if he doesn't win, those guys have to the end of next Season to get it done.

If Paul walks after the year, I won't hold any ill will.

He did all he could.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron kinda did by calling himself the King before he played an NBA game.

:bolt:

Yeah...lol

Blasphemous little shit...lol

I was focused on the Warriors with that particular portion of my rant :dhd:

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

History has proven that America loves rags-to-riches-to-rags stories. As a society, we love to build folks up and also love to tear down those same people we built up.

Always remember, the same people you misuse on your way up, you might meet up, on your way down.

Reactions: LAD

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may or may not know, but I know slightly more than dick about basketball, but what I hear from Lebron fans is that he's lost finals because his teams have either been shitty or broken. As that's not the case this year, it seems to me that it's important that he pulls this one off.
wasnt the case in Miami either. The only shitty team he really had was his 1st finals. I will agree 100% he carried that team to the Finals and it was impressive. Miami should of never lost 2 out of 4. They had 3 of the Top 10 players and 2 in the Top 5(wade and LBJ).