• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Western Conference Finals: OKC Thunder VS Golden State Warriors

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what fans of teams who have never won anything try to use to make themselves feel better about their teams failures and it's about as lame as it gets.

All of the teams that I am a fan of, Lakers, Dodgers, Seahawks and USC, I have been a fan of since I was 8 years old, was just getting into sports and really had no idea about championships, etc. with the exception of the Seahawks. I became a Seahawks fan when the Rams left for St. Louis having never won a Super Bowl. I then chose the Seahawks, who also had never even been to the Super Bowl.

I've stayed with all of those teams through thick and thin.

But I guess I'm just a front runner because the teams I chose actually won championships.

Same here pretty much. I'm young so I actually haven't seen any Notre Dame success in my lifetime. The Saints been a shit franchise for the most part outside of the last 10 years or so since Brees came to New Orleans. Only the Heat & Yankees been really successful.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I mean we can state a bunch of facts....like Wade couldn't get his 48 win team outta the 2nd round in the east.
Another fact: GS was able to win in TWO rounds when their best player went down. :D

The Heat's ceiling this year was making the ECF. It was a foregone conclusion that Cleveland would win the East. Given Miami's season and the fact we lost Bosh midway through the year and Whiteside in the 2nd round, I'm content with how we made it to a game 7 against Toronto who appears to be handling their own against Cleveland. It was a good season, but not a success since we didn't reach our ceiling - the ECF.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what fans of teams who have never won anything try to use to make themselves feel better about their teams failures and it's about as lame as it gets.

All of the teams that I am a fan of, Lakers, Dodgers, Seahawks and USC, I have been a fan of since I was 8 years old, was just getting into sports and really had no idea about championships, etc. with the exception of the Seahawks. I became a Seahawks fan when the Rams left for St. Louis having never won a Super Bowl. I then chose the Seahawks, who also had never even been to the Super Bowl.

I've stayed with all of those teams through thick and thin.

But I guess I'm just a front runner because the teams I chose actually won championships.

I love it when you out yourself.

I didn't call you a front runner, but now that you've posted a manifesto about how much you're not a front runner, I realize that you're a front runner, or at least identify yourself as one.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is clearly not right. Still cannot comprehend why Kerr is letting him guard Westbrook. Kerr's failure to adjust with both defensive matchups and scheme has been disappointing. Donovan has kicked Kerr's ass all series.

By the way OKC fans, just imagine if you had a real coach all that time wasted with Brooks. You could be looking at 3 or 4 rings right now.

I said it earlier in this thread as well. I'm so thankful for Brooks now that we didn't have to face this version of the Thunder in 2012.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Brian Windhorst

If you look at this official NBA rulebook video, it appears Draymond Green may have committed a textbook flagrant foul by tripping Enes Kanter last night. Flagrant Foul, Penalty 1 (Defender intentionally trips opponent) | NBA Video Rulebook This is relevant because Green is one flagrant point away from suspension. In theory this could be reviewed today by league office. Would be surprising if anything happened though.

Draymond Green has to be the dumbest **** of a basketball player I've ever seen. Two technical fouls away from a suspension, as well as 1 flagrant foul from a suspension. Dude can't stop trying to get away with anything. This is especially concerning because given the Dubs current situation, it should be all hands on deck mentality right now. Love the Warriors crew, except for Green. Fuck that guy.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love it when you out yourself.

I didn't call you a front runner, but now that you've posted a manifesto about how much you're not a front runner, I realize that you're a front runner, or at least identify yourself as one.

Wow, you're not very smart are you? I guess this is what happens when your teams have never won shit. Your so caught up in losing that all you can do is snipe at others to make yourself feel better.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell Westbrook since Mark Cuban labeled him as less than a superstar: 26.9 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 10.8 apg. OKC is 8-3 in that span.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draymond Green has to be the dumbest **** of a basketball player I've ever seen. Two technical fouls away from a suspension, as well as 1 flagrant foul from a suspension. Dude can't stop trying to get away with anything. This is especially concerning because given the Dubs current situation, it should be all hands on deck mentality right now. Love the Warriors crew, except for Green. Fuck that guy.

Yep, I have been saying this for awhile. He is a mouthbreather and a shit-talker but the funny thing is he can't back it and he has to play dirty to try to make up for his shitty play. He has been awful in the series, but yet again with this play (that should be a flagrant) he continues to lower his reputation as a piece of shit.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell Westbrook since Mark Cuban labeled him as less than a superstar: 26.9 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 10.8 apg. OKC is 8-3 in that span.

Well I guess there is no doubt about it. I don't even care if they make it to the Finals and somehow lose. The guy is a superstar.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, you're not very smart are you? I guess this is what happens when your teams have never won shit. Your so caught up in losing that all you can do is snipe at others to make yourself feel better.

I'm actually not sniping at anyone. Just making observations. Sorry you're rustled.

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said it earlier in this thread as well. I'm so thankful for Brooks now that we didn't have to face this version of the Thunder in 2012.

Kendrick Perkins was the Heat's MVP.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that versions bigs were also pretty limited....after Ibaka they probably sucked....

Adams and Kanter are making a big difference...gotta give OKC credit on that Kanter signing- it appears to be really working out despite what many people thought was "overpaying".

people dont even under stand what "overpaying" is until they see this UPCOMING offseason....mucm much smarter to have gotten your guys signed up the last couple years than this upcoming offseason.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, I have been saying this for awhile. He is a mouthbreather and a shit-talker but the funny thing is he can't back it and he has to play dirty to try to make up for his shitty play. He has been awful in the series, but yet again with this play (that should be a flagrant) he continues to lower his reputation as a piece of shit.

The guy can play, I'm all for hardnosed, gritty, even edgy play, but admittedly I've lost some respect for him after the kick...that wasn't basketball as I know it.

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention Miami getting three home games in a row, biggest scam in NBA history.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention Miami getting three home games in a row, biggest scam in NBA history.

How is that a scam when that was the format for nearly 30+ years until 2014? All you had to do was win 1 of the 3 road games in Miami to get HCA. If you can't win 1 of those games then you don't deserve the title

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy can play, I'm all for hardnosed, gritty, even edgy play, but admittedly I've lost some respect for him after the kick...that wasn't basketball as I know it.

Yeah it wasn't but he has actually hurt them in this series on the court with his basketball play and his childish play.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it wasn't but he has actually hurt them in this series on the court with his basketball play and his childish play.

Yeah true, but hard for me to single out 1 guy...With the exception of 1 game...none of the Warriors have had a series to remember. But karma for Green...good to see him struggle actually and I have no axe to grind with GS.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked the guy who said he was going to quit watching basketball because the refs were really, really mean to his Warriors.

I did not miss the fact that he was also a Mariners and Seahawks fan. Seattle fans: thinest-skinned fanbase in sports.

dude is still crying about the sonics leaving for OKC. he is also convinced that both RW and KD will be gone, next year because the Thunder suck and why would anybody want to play there when you could play in LA or NY.

Course he thought GS would sweep OKC...

he's a real sports guy, ya know???

he also quit the board, twice last night, so we'll see if 3rd time is the charm.