• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Western Conference Finals: OKC Thunder VS Golden State Warriors

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, it is championship or bust.

I would like to add, if KD wins one this year, Chris Paul and Melo have to leave their current teams because the sand glass is almost empty.

Even if he doesn't win, those guys have to the end of next Season to get it done.

If Paul walks after the year, I won't hold any ill will.

He did all he could.
This little run that OKC is doing might just secured KD staying in OKC.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may or may not know, but I know slightly more than dick about basketball, but what I hear from Lebron fans is that he's lost finals because his teams have either been shitty or broken. As that's not the case this year, it seems to me that it's important that he pulls this one off.

Not true. In 2011 the heat lost because he disappeared. In 2014 the Heat weren't shitty or broken. The Spurs were just better

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wasnt the case in Miami either. The only shitty team he really had was his 1st finals. I will agree 100% he carried that team to the Finals and it was impressive. Miami should of never lost 2 out of 4. They had 3 of the Top 10 players and 2 in the Top 5(wade and LBJ).

For all I know, you may be right, but that's a discussion for you to have with a Lebron/Cavs fan.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry being at 70 percent sounds like full of shit to be honest with you guys. His injury was a 2 week injury. Its been about a month since he got hurt. Do we only bring up injury in losses? Where was the curry look so bad in game 4 of the Portland series and game 2 of this series? Or do we only used this excuse in losses

Actually guys are out for a month with that injury lol

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We really need to start hitting open shots sooner or later in this series. It's leading to okc transition game which is hard to stop. I think our defense was solid last night. Just can't hit open shots

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regarding 7), I think it would be generous to give the Warriors a 50% chance of winning Game 5. If I'm generous and give them a 50% chance at Game 5, 25% chance at Game 6, and 55% at Game 7, that puts them at about an 7% chance of winning this series.

Regarding 6), it seems that the off the ball stuff rarely gets called. Perhaps the officials just have too many things that they are trying to monitor at the same time. I imagine that it's hard to detect a grab most of the time because the defender isn't doing anything that moves the offensive player.
I think in terms of the calls he was talking about when Curry is going up for a jumper- 3pt or at the rim. But even off the ball calls need to be made. He's often held, blanketed & so on when he's moving without the ball- and to Hambombs point most "stars" get those calls in those situations.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We really need to start hitting open shots sooner or later in this series. It's leading to okc transition game which is hard to stop. I think our defense was solid last night. Just can't hit open shots

Some even think the Warriors need to slow down the tempo and use their half-court offense.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are the Warriors fans (not all of you) finish complaining about the refs yet?

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is clearly not right. Still cannot comprehend why Kerr is letting him guard Westbrook. Kerr's failure to adjust with both defensive matchups and scheme has been disappointing. Donovan has kicked Kerr's ass all series.

By the way OKC fans, just imagine if you had a real coach all that time wasted with Brooks. You could be looking at 3 or 4 rings right now.
Couldn't agree more about being very disappointed with Kerr's lack of adjusting on both ends. Curry on RW has been a nightmare and I said it would be before the series started.

I do agree that OKC should've gotten rid of Brooks long time ago.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The amount of complaining by the Warriors fans about the refs after every game has been extremely disappointing.
We're just trying to keep up with the amounts of complaining you do about Dray every game. We've still got a long way to go to catch you.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is the scary part for the Warriors. OKC shot 43% from 3, 34% from 3, & KD/Russ shot 20-51 which isn't great at all......and they won the game easily

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are the Warriors fans (not all of you) finish complaining about the refs yet?

Well that's very little of it. They're getting away with way more than we are honestly. Russel and KD just throw themselves at you alot

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the scary part for the Warriors. OKC shot 43% from 3, 34% from 3, & KD/Russ shot 20-51 which isn't great at all......and they won the game easily

Which is coming back to my point in hitting open shots and not letting them out free throw us 25-30 free throws to 10. Maybe start calling more holds on steph and klay?

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're just trying to keep up with the amounts of complaining you do about Dray every game. We've still got a long way to go to catch you.
I'm not sure there is much to complain about in the basketball sense. He's been mostly ineffective.

Now there's plenty to bellyache about that isn't basketball stuff.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that's very little of it. They're getting away with way more than we are honestly. Russel and KD just throw themselves at you alot

If you didn't know this before the series then something is wrong with you. Warriors should now how to play without fouling. They did a good job on Harden who is the same exact way so not sure why they can't do it against these guys

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See....this just doesnt work for me. I get your point- i think their are some merits to your point....

but regardless if the Warriors win or lose, when Warrior fans look back on this season 2 or 3 or 10 or 20 years from now- they are going to remember how freaking fun it was to come off a championship season and run the league and kill teams and have Curry sit out 19 NINETEEN!!!! fourth quarters.

I guess i just dont understand thsi championship or bust expression. If i am a warriors fan i definitely remember this year for how much fun it was - how great Curry was when he won the MVP- how the Warriors were the talk of the league the entire year and broke the All-time wins record.

That is some pretty awesome stuff. Any fan base in the league- besides the team that won the title- would LOVE to have that kind of year and would have a heckuva great time while on that journey.

it just makes no sense to me to say- we didnt win a title- this season is a total failure. Its simply not true. Luck plays such a HUGE role....any of 4 teams could of won the title this year out of SAS, OKC, GSW and CLE depending who gets lucky, who stays healthy, who gets the right calls at the right time- so many things that are out of your control. If the only way you judge your team is winning a title- than you are going to be MISERABLE a VAST VAST majority of the time.

Say OKC gets to the Finals- and say they lose to the Cavs....could i say that the OKC was a bust? HELL NO- they had an amazing run, beat the spurs and warriors, and PROABLY played a great and entertaining Final. Imagine trying to tell an OKC fan- your season was a TOTAL FAILURE because you lost to the Cavs in the Finals...it just makes no sense to me.
We don't agree often, but on this point we see eye to eye.