• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Western Conference Finals: OKC Thunder VS Golden State Warriors

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that's very little of it. They're getting away with way more than we are honestly. Russel and KD just throw themselves at you alot
I think they call that "dribble penetration".

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is coming back to my point in hitting open shots and not letting them out free throw us 25-30 free throws to 10. Maybe start calling more holds on steph and klay?

The Warriors don't attack the basket very frequently. The Thunder do. That's why they get more freethrow attempts. It's pretty simple.

One thing I've been really disappointed in is the number of times Iguodala has either done a crazy shot near the basket or thrown the ball away instead of going up and getting a foul. I get he's not a good freethrow shooter, but you can't continually try to avoid contact.

Reactions: LAD

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're a Cleveland fan. We're conditioned to feel this way as a defense mechanism.

Step outside of that and realize that while Warriors fans certainly had some great times this season, they'd be MIGHTY disappointed about getting bounced out of the playoffs before even reaching The Finals.

Should they not win a championship, in ten years from now, they won't be remembered as the team that won the most games and gave their fans a really fun time. They'll be remembered as the team that won the most games and then shit their pants.
See this is where I think the difference is. Because they set records and made history WARRIORS fans will always remember this season as being one of the best- even if they lose tomorrow. Not winning a title when you've gotten this close is disappointing to most- but it's only fans of other teams that will mentally place that asterisk next to this season when looking back at it.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure there is much to complain about in the basketball sense. He's been mostly ineffective.

Now there's plenty to bellyache about that isn't basketball stuff.

Seems like he's a nut-kicking-ninja of sorts.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is coming back to my point in hitting open shots and not letting them out free throw us 25-30 free throws to 10. Maybe start calling more holds on steph and klay?

The thing about the fouling thing is you can't expect a lot of off the ball fouls to be called to be honest with you. Refs kind of let stuff go (for both sides) when it comes to contact off the ball. I think if the Warriors want more calls, their stars especially Steph and Klay need to be more aggressive

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you didn't know this before the series then something is wrong with you. Warriors should now how to play without fouling. They did a good job on Harden who is the same exact way so not sure why they can't do it against these guys

But they keep calling even without us even touching them is my point. A lot tickey tack fouls

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors don't attack the basket very frequently. The Thunder do. That's why they get more freethrow attempts. It's pretty simple.

One thing I've been really disappointed in is the number of times Iguodala has either done a crazy shot near the basket or thrown the ball away instead of going up and getting a foul. I get he's not a good freethrow shooter, but you can't continually try to avoid contact.

They were attacking a lot more last night and still no calls.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing about the fouling thing is you can't expect a lot of off the ball fouls to be called to be honest with you. Refs kind of let stuff go (for both sides) when it comes to contact off the ball. I think if the Warriors want more calls, their stars especially Steph and Klay need to be more aggressive

Steph and klay are getting held on off screens lol you can't call that? I don't get it

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steph and klay are getting held on off screens lol you can't call that? I don't get it

They can but expecting it to be called constantly is just not realistic to be honest with you

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, this isn't the first time they we've heard title or bust for the Warriors. They have said it themselves. They said they had something to prove, they have said that they felt disrespected last year and they went out and won 73 games, got the #1 seed for the playoffs and were favored to win the whole thing.

You are literally the only person even trying to say that they aren't a title or bust team.
Hahaha ok, they've said this is a title or bust season for them? No. They've said they felt they had to come out this season and prove they are champs- and winning 73 games- which also cemented their team in history- was a great start. They've said all season their GOAL was to repeat-because what champion doesn't have that goal? But they've never said it's title or bust for them.

Certainly you're entitled to believe that- as most people will. But don't act like because you think that way it's written in stone & that's what it must be. And this is a stupid debate to begin with. My point is-and this is the last I will post about it-this season was a success because even without winning a title they've been able to do something no other team-not even OKC or Spurs-has been able to do. They made history on more than one account.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course you do. You're a front runner.

Heat, Yankees, Saints. All teams at the top of their respective sports in the late aughts, which I'm sure is when you became such a big fan of theirs.
:dhd:

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't agree often, but on this point we see eye to eye.

Championship or bust is really an approach that a GM takes when making decisions. When evaluating performance, I doubt that any team thinks of it in such extreme terms. I doubt that Kerr will be fired for how this season turned out. Sure, there will be great disappointment, but no one who works for the team will consider this season a total failure.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what fans of teams who have never won anything try to use to make themselves feel better about their teams failures and it's about as lame as it gets.

All of the teams that I am a fan of, Lakers, Dodgers, Seahawks and USC, I have been a fan of since I was 8 years old, was just getting into sports and really had no idea about championships, etc. with the exception of the Seahawks. I became a Seahawks fan when the Rams left for St. Louis having never won a Super Bowl. I then chose the Seahawks, who also had never even been to the Super Bowl.

I've stayed with all of those teams through thick and thin.

But I guess I'm just a front runner because the teams I chose actually won championships.
Why would you take offense to his post when he was talking about BK?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahaha ok, they've said this is a title or bust season for them? No. They've said they felt they had to come out this season and prove they are champs- and winning 73 games- which also cemented their team in history- was a great start. They've said all season their GOAL was to repeat-because what champion doesn't have that goal? But they've never said it's title or bust for them.

Certainly you're entitled to believe that- as most people will. But don't act like because you think that way it's written in stone & that's what it must be. And this is a stupid debate to begin with. My point is-and this is the last I will post about it-this season was a success because even without winning a title they've been able to do something no other team-not even OKC or Spurs-has been able to do. They made history on more than one account.

As a defending champion, IMO, it's always championship or bust whether it's stated or not.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a defending champion, IMO, it's always championship or bust whether it's stated or not.

I don't think the 1999 Chicago Bulls were thinking championship or bust.:D

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is but it's less fun that way too. I always have to go in with the mind set that we are going to lose. If they win it's more satisfying in my mind