• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Western Conference Finals: OKC Thunder VS Golden State Warriors

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's average, so it includes old folks who don't heal as well, and folks who don't treat it properly. Curry, as a young, professional athlete on HGH should heal much faster than the average Joe.
Exactly, which is why he was playing after two weeks.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. In 2013, the Heat won 27 games in a row. The only team to win more was one of the 80's Lakers team with 33. That was a miraculous season no doubt. However, going against the Spurs, I thought were were done when we were down 5 with 25 seconds left in the game. During that time before the Ray Allen 3, I knew how disappointing it was that we were so close yet weren't going to win the title. In my mind, it was a bust season before that comeback happened.
I agree it was a bust because you guys had LBJ, Wade AND Bosh in the EAST. Then if you add to that the concert where they guaranteed more championships than they had signed years on their contracts of course it was title or bust.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. In 2013, the Heat won 27 games in a row. The only team to win more was one of the 80's Lakers team with 33. That was a miraculous season no doubt. However, going against the Spurs, I thought were were done when we were down 5 with 25 seconds left in the game. During that time before the Ray Allen 3, I knew how disappointing it was that we were so close yet weren't going to win the title. In my mind, it was a bust season before that comeback happened.

Actually it was the '72 Lakers that had the 33 game winning streak.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's average, so it includes old folks who don't heal as well, and folks who don't treat it properly. Curry, as a young, professional athlete on HGH should heal much faster than the average Joe.

He is not playing 100% but I'm not gonna go in chicken little mode about it tho

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not according to some Heat fans when Whiteside went down with the same injury. He was labeled as "day to day"....of course we never did see him play again after that but what do we know, right?

Whiteside injured himself in game 3. The Heat didn't want to risk his health. Not sure why Whiteside is being discussed at this juncture.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whiteside injured himself in game 3. The Heat didn't want to risk his health. Not sure why Whiteside is being discussed at this juncture.
It is my understanding he had the same injury as Curry. When it happened is pretty irrelevant to me. And if you must know I brought it up because the topic was the length of injury in terms of missed time.

And I mentioned Whiteside because the discussion was an injury that he & Curry have in common. I am allowed to do that, yes?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree it was a bust because you guys had LBJ, Wade AND Bosh in the EAST. Then if you add to that the concert where they guaranteed more championships than they had signed years on their contracts of course it was title or bust.

Concert aside, when you're in a prime position to win a title like the Spurs, Thunder, Cavs, and Warriors - it's always title or bust. Do you think the OKC fans on this forum considering going to the Finals in 2012 and losing a great season? No, they wanted to win the whole damn thing. As history will indicate, you're not always going to be in a position to win the title every year. Lebron being a jackass didn't make 2011 and 2014 bust years for the Heat. The collection of talent on that team and not winning made it a bust.

Jesus Christ, how long is this discussion going to take place? If the Warriors lose, it's a bust season. Kerr will see that. The Dubs will see that. It's exceptional for management to say it's a bust season without firing Kerr. Fans can say what they want through their homer glasses. But facts remain. That 73-win season doesn't mean dick if you lose in the end. That 73-win record was measured against the '96 Bulls who handled their shit and won the whole god damn thing. If the Warriors lose, they'll be known as the greatest REGULAR season team, not greatest team because they didn't win the ship.

Also, we give Wiggy so much shit for this as well because Lebron's always great in the regular season, but the Finals have been a different story. Now that the Warriors are in this discussion, it's a whole different narrative apparently if they fail. You can't play both sides.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is my understanding he had the same injury as Curry. When it happened is pretty irrelevant to me. And if you must know I brought it up because the topic was the length of injury in terms of missed time.

And I mentioned Whiteside because the discussion was an injury that he & Curry have in common. I am allowed to do that, yes?

Whiteside barely had over a week to get healthy before the series with Toronto ended. Last I checked, Curry was able to sit out 2 full weeks before he could play. If we're going to use Whiteside in this discussion, let's be sure to be accurate.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Concert aside, when you're in a prime position to win a title like the Spurs, Thunder, Cavs, and Warriors - it's always title or bust. Do you think the OKC fans on this forum considering going to the Finals in 2012 and losing a great season? No, they wanted to win the whole damn thing. As history will indicate, you're not always going to be in a position to win the title every year. Lebron being a jackass didn't make 2011 and 2014 bust years for the Heat. The collection of talent on that team and not winning made it a bust.

Jesus Christ, how long is this discussion going to take place? If the Warriors lose, it's a bust season. Kerr will see that. The Dubs will see that. It's exceptional for management to say it's a bust season without firing Kerr. Fans can say what they want through their homer glasses. But facts remain. That 73-win season doesn't mean dick if you lose in the end. That 73-win record was measured against the '96 Bulls who handled their shit and won the whole god damn thing. If the Warriors lose, they'll be known as the greatest REGULAR season team, not greatest team because they didn't win the ship.

Also, we give Wiggy so much shit for this as well because Lebron's always great in the regular season, but the Finals have been a different story. Now that the Warriors are in this discussion, it's a whole different narrative apparently if they fail. You can't play both sides.
First, I'm not playing both sides. We see things differently in terms of title or bust. Fine. If you're tired of the discussion then you're certainly free to move on from it.

The lasting impression from LBJ's seasons in Miami is that he wasn't able to win every year they went to the Finals as was the expectation. They even implied themselves they were the best EVER- as three stars compiled together. But they were definitely punched in the face & gut that very first season. It happens, this is sports. But I find it funny how you want to brush the concert debacle under the rug. That is the very reason there was so much disdain for that team- and as I remember it wasn't only LBJ on that stage partaking in the festivities.

As mentioned earlier by another poster- it is highly unlikely that the GS franchise will view this season as a complete bust/failure. It will only be viewed that way by some fans. Now had they not made history- and didn't defend their title then I could comprehend it being a failed season. Will there be disappointment if they don't win a title? Of course. Goes without saying. But when you create history never is that viewed as a bust. I'm sorry, it's just not.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whiteside barely had over a week to get healthy before the series with Toronto ended. Last I checked, Curry was able to sit out 2 full weeks before he could play. If we're going to use Whiteside in this discussion, let's be sure to be accurate.
Hahaha. I think you've chimed in on this topic without knowing the back story. My point was that when Whiteside went down there was talk about him being out at least 2 weeks. That thought came from the fact he was diagnosed with the same injury as Curry- the most mildest case of a sprained MCL.

I already knew he would be out 2 weeks- so am not bagging on him not coming back. The point was that he wasn't day to day and that he would need time to heal.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bogut gone Barnes walks EZZZ

Doubt Whiteside would want to play alongside Draymond who was talking shit to him about centers like him being an extinct product. Plus, I'll take the tax-free state of Florida over the most expensive area in the nation any day of the week.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubt Whiteside would want to play alongside Draymond who was talking shit to him about centers like him being an extinct product. Plus, I'll take the tax-free state of Florida over the most expensive area in the nation any day of the week.
Cali definitely is expensive but it's soooo worth it! :thumb: