• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Western Conference Finals: OKC Thunder VS Golden State Warriors

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubt Whiteside would want to play alongside Draymond who was talking shit to him about centers like him being an extinct product. Plus, I'll take the tax-free state of Florida over the most expensive area in the nation any day of the week.

Pretty sure the up & coming hoops team in Florida will in fact be the Magic. If Whiteside is smart he'll leave that shithole Miami for sunny Orlando!:D

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, I'm not playing both sides. We see things differently in terms of title or bust. Fine. If you're tired of the discussion then you're certainly free to move on from it.

The lasting impression from LBJ's seasons in Miami is that he wasn't able to win every year they went to the Finals as was the expectation. They even implied themselves they were the best EVER- as three stars compiled together. But they were definitely punched in the face & gut that very first season. It happens, this is sports. But I find it funny how you want to brush the concert debacle under the rug. That is the very reason there was so much disdain for that team- and as I remember it wasn't only LBJ on that stage partaking in the festivities.

As mentioned earlier by another poster- it is highly unlikely that the GS franchise will view this season as a complete bust/failure. It will only be viewed that way by some fans. Now had they not made history- and didn't defend their title then I could comprehend it being a failed season. Will there be disappointment if they don't win a title? Of course. Goes without saying. But when you create history never is that viewed as a bust. I'm sorry, it's just not.

I never wanted to brush the concert debacle under the rug. In past discussion I've even made mention that it came across as a douchey move, especially when Lebron said 'not 1, not 2.....'. I brushed it aside in terms of the fact that whether that concert went on or not, it was still title or bust when you look at the dynamics of that Heat roster.

I'm sorry that this is such a sore subject for Warriors fans. I've been rooting for them to repeat all season long as I felt the criticism they received over the offseason was unwarranted. But, when you state things like they wanted to go out and prove to everyone they were deserving of last year's title, you can't say it isn't a title or bust situation. Because guess what? You didn't repeat as champions and you give some credibility to the debate now.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a joke right...... Ibaka or Adams

I never ever-ever-ever joke around on this site. I take everything very seriously.

Pull my finger.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure the up & coming hoops team in Florida will in fact be the Magic. If Whiteside is smart he'll leave that shithole Miami for sunny Orlando!:D

Oh, Wamu. Your trolling no longer has any effect on me. :suds:

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubt Whiteside would want to play alongside Draymond who was talking shit to him about centers like him being an extinct product. Plus, I'll take the tax-free state of Florida over the most expensive area in the nation any day of the week.

Draymond is playing like trash right now but lol @ saying product. He's a much better all around player than whiteside who is a good player don't get me wrong.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never wanted to brush the concert debacle under the rug. In past discussion I've even made mention that it came across as a douchey move, especially when Lebron said 'not 1, not 2.....'. I brushed it aside in terms of the fact that whether that concert went on or not, it was still title or bust when you look at the dynamics of that Heat roster.

I'm sorry that this is such a sore subject for Warriors fans. I've been rooting for them to repeat all season long as I felt the criticism they received over the offseason was unwarranted. But, when you state things like they wanted to go out and prove to everyone they were deserving of last year's title, you can't say it isn't a title or bust situation. Because guess what? You didn't repeat as champions and you give some credibility to the debate now.
It's not a sore subject for me- this is a sports forum and we're having a healthy debate. It's natural for different people to have different perceptions of things.

I can agree that not repeating as champs might give credibility to the debate that they were lucky last year- if they hadn't cemented their season in history. That's my point. Obviously they had multiple goals and might fall short of achieving both. But should the latter negate the accomplishment of reaching that first goal?

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is Miami. I've been to San Francisco, not impressed for the high cost of living that area commands.
Well there's certainly more than just SF in Cali. The great thing about this state is you can go from skiing to swimming in the same day. So Cal is great for those that love the beach and living near the water. SF is great for those that want to enjoy a controlled climate year round. So much to do from camping in state parks to exploring the SF Redwoods forest.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not a sore subject for me- this is a sports forum and we're having a healthy debate. It's natural for different people to have different perceptions of things.

I can agree that not repeating as champs might give credibility to the debate that they were lucky last year- if they hadn't cemented their season in history. That's my point. Obviously they had multiple goals and might fall short of achieving both. But should the latter negate the accomplishment of reaching that first goal?

For the record, I don't consider the Warriors title last season a fluke. They were the last team standing and they were fully healthy. Just like I don't use the excuse of Bosh and Whiteside being out against the Raptors (who were without JV for the same time frame as Whiteside). But when you're in a position as an elite team to win; not winning equals bust. It depends on how your management views it.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there's certainly more than just SF in Cali. The great thing about this state is you can go from skiing to swimming in the same day. So Cal is great for those that love the beach and living near the water. SF is great for those that want to enjoy a controlled climate year round. So much to do from camping in state parks to exploring the SF Redwoods forest.

I like Cali from back in my military days. But honestly, I wouldn't move back there. Too be fair, it depends on the personality. I wouldn't mind moving back to Miami if I were rich, but given I'll never be a millionaire, I have no desire to move back there either.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, I don't consider the Warriors title last season a fluke. They were the last team standing and they were fully healthy. Just like I don't use the excuse of Bosh and Whiteside being out against the Raptors (who were without JV for the same time frame as Whiteside). But when you're in a position as an elite team to win; not winning equals bust. It depends on how your management views it.
I didn't think last season was fluke either. They actually had played very well during that reg season as well- which kind of brought more attention to them. I think people just didn't want to believe they were able to get over the hump & become a force to reckon with- something similar to what we're seeing with OKC this post season.

Honestly I agree with @CitySushi and think they have a chance to get back on top- only if they can get back to playing the Warriors basketball that got them to 73 wins.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't think last season was fluke either. They actually had played very well during that reg season as well- which kind of brought more attention to them. I think people just didn't want to believe they were able to get over the hump & become a force to reckon with- something similar to what we're seeing with OKC this post season.

Honestly I agree with @CitySushi and think they have a chance to get back on top- only if they can get back to playing the Warriors basketball that got them to 73 wins.

They're not out yet, as long as OKC doesn't win another game. Their saving grace is that they have 2 of the last 3 games at home. But they need to get their collective heads out of their ass.

Reactions: LAD

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Cali from back in my military days. But honestly, I wouldn't move back there. Too be fair, it depends on the personality. I wouldn't mind moving back to Miami if I were rich, but given I'll never be a millionaire, I have no desire to move back there either.
I haven't been to Miami but do plan to visit in the near future. From what I've seen it appears to be a nice place- but then again I'm more biased towards a location that has summer like weather. I hate it when it rains.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're not out yet, as long as OKC doesn't win another game. Their saving grace is that they have 2 of the last 3 games at home. But they need to get their collective heads out of their ass.
I still can't believe that Kerr moved Klay off of RW & put Curry on him. Really blowing my mind.

I think he should start Livingston and have Curry run with the 2nd unit. Especially if he's only @ 70%. I don't think it should be looked as he's benching the MVP- but rather this is what this team needs from their MVP in order for them to win and move on. In the midst of things it seems like a small sacrifice that could prove to be game changing.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Definitely no fluke last season. They were the best team during both the regular season and the playoffs last season. It's hard to be a fluke in basketball anyway since you have to win four rounds of best-of-seven series.