• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Western Conference Finals: OKC Thunder VS Golden State Warriors

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not offended. It's just a tired and lame criticism that gets thrown at fans of teams that have won championships by fans of teams that haven't, to make themselves feel better.

I've actually seen people post that all Lakers fans are bandwagon fans/frontrunners because the Lakers haven't lost enough historically. :L
But, people are going to say whatever they want and they have the right to. IMO some things you gotta let roll off your back & that's probably one of them since no matter how much you combat it, it will continue to happen.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happens if Curry wants to renegotiate his deal this Summer?

Instead of paying him 12, you'll be paying him 26 million.

With his injuries, I wouldn't blame him.
I think he waits to renegotiate until after they know the state of the team. Meaning if there's plans to make changes he will wait that out & then work on his new deal.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's my response to you saying not referring to anyone in particular. :D

Oh, I really wasn't.

I was to lazy to go back to see what Warriors fan was trolling Curry.

So, if he was talking about anyone from this site, * you, HAM, Robo, Sushi* I wanted that to be clear.

Last edited:

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can't re-negotiate. His contract is locked at where it is until the end of next season. Meaning as you mentioned, Warriors better get another title out of this Curry contract, because he's going to ask for the house this next go-around.
Yes he can- technically his 4th season in his current deal is 2016-2017. He can renegotiate during the summer.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he waits to renegotiate until after they know the state of the team. Meaning if there's plans to make changes he will wait that out & then work on his new deal.

He should.

They should give him the highly illegal, yet still applicable, gentlemen promise to take care of him next Summer, no matter what.

That way they can add a core guy this Summer.

It's pretty clear they need to save goodbye to Barnes, Bogut and Ezeli...

Maybe get Biyombo in to shag boards and bring back Bazemore....

Or even, * gulp * Chandler Parsons.

Reactions: LAD

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes he can- technically his 4th season in his current deal is 2016-2017. He can renegotiate during the summer.

Yeah, it's a little known rule.

I had no idea, until I saw that article.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, people are going to say whatever they want and they have the right to. IMO some things you gotta let roll off your back & that's probably one of them since no matter how much you combat it, it will continue to happen.

I agree. Doesn't mean I can't point out how lame it is, though.

Reactions: LAD

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can....and he'd make 25 mil and change.

It would screw the Warriors out of adding to their core. But, he can get a new deal.

Stephen Curry deserves a raise. The two-time defending NBA MVP will make $12.1 million next season, in a league where the maximum salary is more than double that. The Warriors alone could have four players making more than Curry next season. He told Sporting News last summer that he did not want to deal with free agency, and locking him up now would accomplish that.

Curry can get a raise, too. Bill Simmons talked about that possibility on his podcast recently, and the idea seems easy enough. However,renegotiating contracts does not happen very often in the NBA, unlike other major sports, and Curry’s example shows why. It would be incredibly impractical for the Warriors and financially constraining for Curry to sign an extension this offseason, unless the Warriors somehow are worried Curry might leave as a free agent next year.

Only certain types of contracts can be renegotiated and extended under current NBA rules. A player must be entering the fourth or fifth year of his current contract, as was the case most recently with the Nuggets’ Danilo Gallinari and Wilson Chandler last summer. That fits for Curry, whose four-year, $44 million current deal kicked in for 2013-14 after being signed in 2012 — when he was coming off worrisome ankle injuries.

Stephen Curry getting a raise now sounds nice but would be bad for everyone

I stand corrected. But as the article mentions, I'd hold off until after next year. Curry isn't going anywhere. Is he satisfied with one ring? Or do he want to add more pieces to his team? Because as this series is showing us, the Warriors front court is not that impressive.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stand corrected. But as the article mentions, I'd hold off until after next year. Curry isn't going anywhere. Is he satisfied with one ring? Or do he want to add more pieces to his team? Because as this series is showing us, the Warriors front court is not that impressive.

No correction necessary.

I had NO IDEA that was possible until that article.

I have always hated how some guys tend to quit working hard once their deals were signed because it couldn't be renegotiated.

That's probably still true if a Team wants to lower the value. But, this was surprising to me that a underpaid guy could get a raise under certain situations.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Trojan has a tenuous understanding of what my point was. He was so busy being rustled about being a front runner, he missed the whole thing.

I'm the one that's not very smart, though...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that's very little of it. They're getting away with way more than we are honestly. Russel and KD just throw themselves at you alot

It's the difference between a team that drives to the Hoop and team that relies on the 3. Perimeter based teams are never going to get as many calls/free throws as teams that are aggressive and drive to the basket.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draymond Green named to All NBA Defensive 1st Team.

Leonard, Green headline All-Defensive First Team

2015-16 NBA ALL-DEFENSIVE FIRST TEAM

Player (Team), 1st Team Votes, 2nd Team Votes, Total

Kawhi Leonard (San Antonio), 130, --, 260
Draymond Green (Golden State), 123, 5, 251
DeAndre Jordan (L.A. Clippers), 47, 43, 137
Avery Bradley (Boston), 62, 25, 149
Chris Paul (L.A. Clippers), 59, 30, 148

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the difference between a team that drives to the Hoop and team that relies on the 3. Perimeter based teams are never going to get as many calls/free throws as teams that are aggressive and drive to the basket.

They drive to the basket and it still doesn't matter

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching this video makes me feel down a bit. Steph was wayyyy more explosive and did whatever he wanted against the thunder. He just looks slow this whole series now.

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomorrow's the day for the burial of 2015-16 Warriors.

Who's attending?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the one hand.... its very hard to imagine the Thunder not winning 1 of the remaining 3 games with the way both teams have been playing.

On the other hand... All the Warriors have to do is win a home game tonight and all of the pressure shifts to OKC who will really not want to let a 3-1 lead get to a game 7 in Oracle.