• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Western Conference Finals: OKC Thunder VS Golden State Warriors

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draymond has no doubt Warriors will Game 5...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No analysis of what is different for the Warriors now compared to the regular season that does not include the Thunder being a MUCH better team than they were is just psychobabble.

I think KD and Westbrook have played great but the role players is the difference. Adams, Roberson and Waiters have all been on both sides of the ball, the Warriors role players and Steph outside of 1 games haven't been as good. The Thunder need to go ahead and close GS out tonight, no time to play games lol.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draymond's first goal is to not go -30 +/-

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draymond's first goal is to not go -30 +/-
yah...lets see if Draymond can avoid tripping or kicking someone in the balls, can avoid getting a tech OR a flagrant - each would lead to a suspension.....and like u said- if he can actually show up and play DECENT basketball- let alone GREAT basketball....

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this will be a defining moment if he really can take it to the next level, yes he is great but when you face adversity with your back against the wall the greatest we have seen have come through clutch, this is his first real moment in his career IMO. I would say Game 4 of last years Finals but with the Cavs being depleted and very very tired giving it their all to win 2 games I don't think it was one of those moments.
I would say game 5 was definitely a moment(s), even against that Cavs team. There was doubt as to who would win that game, and even a healthy delly or Lebron wasn't going to stop the ridiculous shots he was pulling off in that game. Also, the move and layup to send game 1 into OT was clutch as well

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say game 5 was definitely a moment(s), even against that Cavs team. There was doubt as to who would win that game, and even a healthy delly or Lebron wasn't going to stop the ridiculous shots he was pulling off in that game. Also, the move and layup to send game 1 into OT was clutch as well
ehh i dunno...he didnt have to work AT ALL on the defensive end in that series after Irving went down- and the Cavs had a totally undermanned and outgunned roster.

I think people fail to realize- taht the bench guys were like Marion and Miller and Perkins....now they are like Jefferson, Frye, Mozgov....the improvement of Jefferson over Marion at that backup SF role has been IMMENSE....

I dont think their is any doubt that tonight represents the biggest test of Curry's career.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But with all of that being said, it's not just Curry that has to show up(injuries or whatever withstanding), the rest of GS's team has to show up as well. It seems like EVERYONE is getting outplayed, from the starters to the bench

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It definitely changes the context of regular season achievements. If the Warriors lose to the Thunder, those 73 wins will always be looked at differently than if they'd won the title. No question about it.

This is probably all just semantics... but I look at it more as winning the title ADDING to the regular season achievement, than not winning the title taking away from the achievement.

End result is the same, so probably doesn't matter how you look at it.

If you make a good pile and a bad pile for the season and the bad pile ends up being much bigger... the overall season is a disappointment and a failure. But nothing really changed about those things in the good pile.

This is the point I've been trying to make.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's still not a defining moment, it was 2-2 their back wasn't against a wall against a tired, depleted Cleveland team. A very important game, yes. Lebron was carrying Cleveland, the only reason they were in that game through 3 1/2 quarters which is amazing in itself.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ehh i dunno...he didnt have to work AT ALL on the defensive end in that series after Irving went down- and the Cavs had a totally undermanned and outgunned roster.

I think people fail to realize- taht the bench guys were like Marion and Miller and Perkins....now they are like Jefferson, Frye, Mozgov....the improvement of Jefferson over Marion at that backup SF role has been IMMENSE....

I dont think their is any doubt that tonight represents the biggest test of Curry's career.

Fair points, although it's not necessarily Curry's fault that Klay normally takes on the lead defensive role

Reactions: LAD

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should.

They should give him the highly illegal, yet still applicable, gentlemen promise to take care of him next Summer, no matter what.

That way they can add a core guy this Summer.

It's pretty clear they need to save goodbye to Barnes, Bogut and Ezeli...

Maybe get Biyombo in to shag boards and bring back Bazemore....

Or even, * gulp * Chandler Parsons.
Yes, they need a stronger 2/3 guy than Barnes. I really like Corey Joseph from Toronto. That kid can score and looks good in the paint. But probably not likely. Trying to think who else will fit in with this team. We need a guy who will come in and BE HIMSELF-instead of getting caught up in playing with the Splash Bros. and trying to do what they do without having the capability.

Barnes really messed up when he didn't sign that extension he was offered-then coincidentally his performance started to decline. Too funny- and could be karma for being greedy. My perception of him lately is that he's kinda selfish at times. I've noticed that during games he is looking for his own shot- not necessarily the best basketball play. As a fan I'm really frustrated with him.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, not many gave the Thunder as much of a chance in either series as bk did. Bk seems to be a on roll in these playoffs.

Which reminds me.... @bksballer89 you are on record as saying that the Cavs would beat the Thunder right? No take-backs.
I have to disagree...after what they've done to the Spurs and now the Warriors (especially since the Cavs have clearly started trying to run the same offense as the Warriors) If they advance I think OKC wins in 6.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he scored 19 in overtime like 2 weeks ago.

if LeBron did that- and then tried to duck under injury excuses he would be crucified.

Curry is not trying to duck underr anything. Neither is Kerr. Its mainly media and fans making the excuse for him

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he scored 19 in overtime like 2 weeks ago.

if LeBron did that- and then tried to duck under injury excuses he would be crucified.
Kerr already said Steph isn't injured & that he nor the training staff have made any indication that he's injured. Even that rumor that he's only 70% was made up via the media.