• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Western Conference Finals: OKC Thunder VS Golden State Warriors

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steve Kerr kindly asks Warriors fans to find a way to beat Bay Area traffic to get to Oracle well before the 6 p.m. Game 5 tip.
View attachment 121956

"please come to Oracle early so you can buy as much overpriced food and beer as you can. Seems we're not getting The Finals money we were counting on, so we need all the revenue we can scrape together."

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can the feelings be far outweighed by the disappointment and not have it take away from the season? It doesn't make sense.

It's about the expectations going into the season. The Warriors, Cavs, Spurs and maybe Thunder, all went into the season expecting/being expected to win the title. They all talked about and embraced those expectations. That makes them championship or bust.
i dont think THAT ALL...vehemently disagree

If the Cavs were "expected" to win a title, and end up losing in the Finals- they still had a pretty awesome season.

If the Browns were "expected" to win 3 games and they won 6- DOUBLING their win total and hugely overachieving their expectations the season would still suck ass and be truly terrible to behold- yet again. TRUST ME. lol

WINS are what matters- not artificial expectations put on teams by the media that dont mean a damn thing. Id rather be the Cavs EVERY SINGLE time and theoretically get to the Finals and lose than be an "overachieving" Trailbalzers team and be bounced after 1 win in the 2nd round. Its not even a question.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone wants to use the excuse, "Curry isn't 100%" that's bull...

Curry's knee slowing him? Numbers say no

Everyone is banged up.

Boston lost Bradley.

Memphis trotted out a bunch of guys from the Long Beach Pro Jam.

Blake was playing with one leg.

Whiteside, Deng were gimp.

Last Season all the Kings men were broken.

No excuses.

The Warriors are getting beat. The Thunder have been better.

The reason is crystal clear to me: Every Warrior player has been a no show, sans Thompson and Westbrook is beating the brakes off Curry.

Diamond Leung: Mychal Thompson: “It’s all up here. Ain’t nothing physical wrong with none of these Warriors.”espn.go.com/espnradio/losa…
– via Twitter diamond83

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,780.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"please come to Oracle early so you can buy as much overpriced food and beer as you can. Seems we're not getting The Finals money we were counting on, so we need all the revenue we can scrape together."

well if that's what you took out of it...then all I can say is....you've got a lot more problems than we already knew you had.

:tsk:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to disagree...after what they've done to the Spurs and now the Warriors (especially since the Cavs have clearly started trying to run the same offense as the Warriors) If they advance I think OKC wins in 6.

The difference is the Cavs, we have seen, have made adjustments. They only took 21 3's last game and they have showed they can play at different paces depending on the circumstances.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he scored 19 in overtime like 2 weeks ago.

if LeBron did that- and then tried to duck under injury excuses he would be crucified.

In Curry's defense, I haven't seen him try to duck under that excuse at all. Its been the media and fans.

But to your point... people would definitely not be cool about the media making those excuses for LeBron. I mean, he'd probably be accused of pushing the message to the media himself.

Generally speaking, though, people don't seem to be cool with using this as an excuse either. I think its fair to make observations and wonder about Curry's health as long as we stop short of using it as an excuse or to take anything away from the Thunder.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Curry's defense, I haven't seen him try to duck under that excuse at all. Its been the media and fans.

But to your point... people would definitely not be cool about the media making those excuses for LeBron. I mean, he'd probably be accused of pushing the message to the media himself.

Generally speaking, though, people don't seem to be cool with using this as an excuse either. I think its fair to make observations and wonder about Curry's health as long as we stop short of using it as an excuse or to take anything away from the Thunder.

THIS.

There is a huge difference between observing and using it as an excuse. Honestly there could be any number of reasons why Steph seems to be a step slow and less explosive. Could be general fatigue or just simply lack of play too. That's entirely possible.

Curry, and the Warriors, to their credit would never use an injury as an excuse. That's what the old regime (ahem, Mark Jackson), would probably do.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No excuse for sure. But him playing off the ball way more than usual. Is a big sign also not getting by kanter is a sign too. But know like to think that's not the reason

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thunder are just more hungry that's the bottom line too. We are not putting everything out there. Hopefully that changes tonight I could be wrong.

Warriors need a motivational speech from you tonight. I'll try to get you in the locker room

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys...

We have been giving our sympathy to the wrong guy.

It turns out that the real victim of the kick to Adam's man region is Draymond. He is feeling on the inside what Adams balls felt on the outside. This whole ordeal has been really taxing on poor Draymond. We can't understand what it would be like to go through this. Mentally, it has just worn him out.

This is according to ESPN's Spears

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's pretty obvious he's not healthy. I even said that even when he came back. He can't even get around kanter lol

Excuses are great when you're getting your ass handed to you.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys...

We have been giving our sympathy to the wrong guy.

It turns out that the real victim of the kick to Adam's man region is Draymond. He is feeling on the inside what Adams balls felt on the outside. This whole ordeal has been really taxing on poor Draymond. We can't understand what it would be like to go through this. Mentally, it has just worn him out.

This is according to ESPN's Spears

LOL this dude is getting more and more embarrassing. He needs to just shut his mouth. He has been awful in the series.