• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Westbrook re-signs with the Thunder...

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Westbrook should be the #1 pick in fantasy this year. He'll play every game, unlike say Lebron, KD or Steph. He'll probably kill you on TO's and will be a little light on 3's, but everything else he should be a monster.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell Westbrook Agrees To Extension With OKC And Makes Kevin Durant Even More Of A Villain

GREAT article....

Fans and notable members of the media took Durant to task for taking what they have described as a shortcut.

This was seen as especially egregious considering he left a team that had the Warriors on the brink of elimination in the Western Conference Finals.

Westbrook’s decision to stay in OKC accurately paints him as a superstar accepting the challenge against the odds, and for many, that’ll be refreshing.

The resigning is also a notable move considering Westbrook was always the one–between he and Durant–that seemed most likely to leave OKC for a bigger city.

---of course that was the case--- RW never kissed ass like Durant did or played the "awww shucks im just a small town guy" card- only to get scared. Its just funny how things work out.

Meh....I don't get the Durant villain angle.

I understand what folks are saying about joining the team that just beat you.

But, people need to stop acting like OKC/ Warriors was some bitter rivalry that has gone on for decades.

This is not Celtics/Lakers, Bad Boys Pistons/Jordans Bulls....

He took the easier path....

So did Lebron and Bosh.

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But, people need to stop acting like OKC/ Warriors were some bitter rivalry that has gone on for decades.

So did Lebron and Bosh.
Not hating on KD, I still think it was weak sauce, but it was his decision to make and he had every right to make it. Ugh, at the same time though, a damn 73 win team just landed the best FA since Lebron and a top 5 player. The Western conference just got as predictable as the East. It sucks for me from a fan's perspective. I know others love it, but I dont.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not hating on KD, I still think it was weak sauce, but it was his decision to make and he had every right to make it. Ugh, at the same time though, a damn 73 win team just landed the best FA since Lebron and a top 5 player. The Western conference just got as predictable as the East. It sucks for me from a fan's perspective. I know others love it, but I dont.

As a Clippers fan, it sucks all kinds of ass for me too.

But, guys are jumping ship to form Super Teams left and right.

To me, this is one step further than prime Bron, Wade, Bosh playing with Ray Allen.

Big threes are the new normal. So, its on to big fours.

If he would have joined the Clippers, I wouldn't have said shit.

So, I won't be a hypocrite now that he hasn't.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no doubt. "volume shooter" might not even BEGIN to cover it...

Plus, look at that roster.

Outside of Kanter, who else can put up big numbers?

Olidipo is Avery Bradley-ish. He can score. But, can't shoot for shit.

Maybe Sabonis can help carry the load or Payne can take a GIANT step forward, ala CJ McCollum?

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus, look at that roster.

Outside of Kanter, who else can put up big numbers?

Olidipo is Avery Bradley-ish. He can score. But, can't shoot for shit.

Maybe Sabonis can help carry the load or Payne can take a GIANT step forward, ala CJ McCollum?

kinda my thought on that as well. who's going to pan out to be their second and third options? Westbrick can't be relied on every night of the season...

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a little of a shocker. Good for OKC and good to see a player man up and help his team out who drafted him. Its hard to find players like Westbrook. Now a days you see people run from losing or to chase a championship like LBJ and KD.

Hopefully OKC can rebuild and help Westbrook out. They should go after Blake next year or at the trade deadline.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durant is a soft little girl.

all though im not surprised you two are pissed.

CROSS another FA off the list.

doesn't look like Pat is getting a meeting with Russ. lol. Not that i ever thought that was a serious possibility, but if RW went to Miami i would have thrown up.

Weren't you willing to give your left nut if he signed with the Cavs?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now he is is going to be applauded for his loyalty, blah blah blah.

It is great that he is resigning, but I just hate that players get destroyed for wanting something better. Free agency is different today, so the played out argument of comparing current players to guys from 20, 30 years ago that didn't switch teams is tired and ignorant.

I wish everyone would just let these players decide their fate and stop second guessing/criticizing the decision they make for their own lives. Staying put should not make you some kind of hero.

Congrats to Russell, and best of luck in OKC!
Been there and done that - did insurance auditing for years at a measley 24K a year and had the opportunity to take on work that took me to 50K a year even when the economy wasn't good and never dropped below 42K and the former employer was pissed. Here is the kicker though - I was considered to be an independent and was encouraged to work for other companies. The guy just didn't like it because he knew he would have give me a raise and eventually two of other auditors followed me to the new company and he was forced to give every one more money or risk losing all of his auditors. It's a business and in business loyalty does not always pay off.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But, people need to stop acting like OKC/ Warriors was some bitter rivalry that has gone on for decades.

So did Lebron and Bosh.

Especially since Durant was never presented this opportunity. Westbrook is getting close to $9M more for the upcoming season because of this renegotiation and short extension.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Clippers fan, it sucks all kinds of ass for me too.

But, guys are jumping ship to form Super Teams left and right.

To me, this is one step further than prime Bron, Wade, Bosh playing with Ray Allen.

Big threes are the new normal. So, its on to big fours.

If he would have joined the Clippers, I wouldn't have said shit.

So, I won't be a hypocrite now that he hasn't.

You already have your big 4:

CP3, Blake, DJ and Mo Speights.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Westbrook going savage on Durant!

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now he is is going to be applauded for his loyalty, blah blah blah.

It is great that he is resigning, but I just hate that players get destroyed for wanting something better. Free agency is different today, so the played out argument of comparing current players to guys from 20, 30 years ago that didn't switch teams is tired and ignorant.

I wish everyone would just let these players decide their fate and stop second guessing/criticizing the decision they make for their own lives. Staying put should not make you some kind of hero.

Congrats to Russell, and best of luck in OKC!

You've outsmarted yourself yet again.

This deal only guarantees him one extra year in OKC with a player option for 2018-19, so it's not a fair comparison.

And spare me the BS, it's not wrong to praise one for loyalty. "Superteams" are bad for the integrity of the league, and Adam Silver agrees with me. While I'm not happy with Durant's decision to sign with GS, I at least can respect him for handling it much better than LeBron did his.