• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Westbrook re-signs with the Thunder...

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OKC fans are so stupid. Solely blaming Durant for game 6 when Westbrook played just as bad is low basketball IQ.

10-27 and 5 turnovers is not a good game.

It's the endowment effect. RW is still there, KD is gone, ergo KD is shitty and RW is great. Ask the same fans the same thing a year ago and you get very different answers.

I'm not picking on them, it's what all fans do. We value things more when they are ours, less when they are someone else's, even if they are the same thing. That's the endowment effect. We're all rooting for laundry.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a Knicks fan, but I LOVED watching those mid to late 80's Lakers teams play...Magic is still the best player I've ever seen(don't care what anyone else says lol), Kareem holding down the middle, Worthy out there to hit ANY shot he wanted, A.C. Green, Mychal Thompson, Kurt Rambis, etc...What a fun team to watch...

Agreed, and the Warriors of last year were the only team that came close for me as far as fun to watch just as a fan of the sport. Same passing, better shooting, less inside game, good defense. I think with Durant they will be even more fun, even more offense but less defense.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Westbrook was straight heroballing.

I wish Durant would have stayed.

But, it was obvious that he was frustrated with Westbrook for years.

No point in Monday morning quaterbacking their management's decisions.

But, they might not be in this situation had they bit the luxury tax bullet and paid Harden.

Oh here we go again. People, James Harden did not want to stay in OKC and if he had the Thunder would not have Steven Adams right now. Based on what I have seen of the 2 of them in the playoffs thus far there is no question who the better competitor is and that is what we are rolling with in OKC, competitors.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh here we go again. People, James Harden did not want to stay in OKC and if he had the Thunder would not have Steven Adams right now. Based on what I have seen of the 2 of them in the playoffs thus far there is no question who the better competitor is and that is what we are rolling with in OKC, competitors.

Harden wanted to get paid, I don't think he cared where.

Agree, Adams is a terrific fit...

But, that was with Durant.

It will be interesting to see if his game expands without the threat of Durant's ability to spread the floor.

I think you need to add a shooter to give him space.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Sonics fan I've been pulling hard for WB to leave along with KD. I have no shame in admitting it.

But I will say, despite my disappointment, I really gained a new found sense of respect for WB. He's saying he wants to put his team on his back. I can't imagine how that means for the city and the fans. I heard they immediately named the day he signed Russell Westbrook day.

Good for him. Cement your legacy as the guy who remained tough and resilient and never looked for the easy path out.

With all that said. F Clay Bennett :suds:

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for him. Cement your legacy as the guy who remained tough and resilient and never looked for the easy path out.

Until 2018, when he bolts for the Lakers.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Sonics fan I've been pulling hard for WB to leave along with KD. I have no shame in admitting it.

But I will say, despite my disappointment, I really gained a new found sense of respect for WB. He's saying he wants to put his team on his back. I can't imagine how that means for the city and the fans. I heard they immediately named the day he signed Russell Westbrook day.

With all that said. F Clay Bennett :suds:

Your hatred is misplaced b

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Royce Young of ESPN:

Durant always appeared to be the perfect fit with Oklahoma City, with his humble nature and down-home demeanor. But he also was drawn to a bigger city, not necessarily for the brighter lights, but for the ability to blend. In Oklahoma City, Durant carried a larger-than-life burden everywhere he went. He’d privately lamented to friends an inability to be in public.

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fireworks-animated-gif-7.gif

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Adams is a good player and was an important part of OKC's season but every GM in the league would take Harden over him, regardless of roster makeup. We know that OKC didn't need to trade him when they did since they could have matched any offer made to him the following offseason.

The question is whether OKC would have won the Finals if they never traded Harden . . . and we can really never know the answer to that. We only know that they haven't been back since they decided to trade him. So it's easy to look back and say it was a bad move. Hindsight is 20/20. I can't say, though, that I'm not intrigued with the thought of what might have happened if they had kept him around.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Royce Young of ESPN:

Durant always appeared to be the perfect fit with Oklahoma City, with his humble nature and down-home demeanor. But he also was drawn to a bigger city, not necessarily for the brighter lights, but for the ability to blend. In Oklahoma City, Durant carried a larger-than-life burden everywhere he went. He’d privately lamented to friends an inability to be in public.

I mean it's not a lot different than Blake Shelton, Bob Stoops, Carrie Underwood, Garth Brooks, or Barry Switzer waking around town. If your a Superstar you adapt.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Durant went to a team where he think he could win multiple championships and that makes him mentally weak? GTFOH!!!!
It's fine if his ego can tolerate playing 2nd fiddle.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just checking is Westbrook still going to the Lakers this year?