• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Were the last two weeks (NE and GB) rock bottom?

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh...it's 3 weeks away. He could have a broken leg by then for all we know. A night game in December at Chicago is nothing to sneeze at, particularly for a warm weather team.

Tangent....I went to a night game there in 05' against Vick and the Falcons. It DEFINITELY affected Atlanta. Vick couldn't get to the bench fast enough to get by the heaters and put a coat on.

In fairness, that was one of the coldest games in Bears history. Kickoff temp. was 7 below, standing temp. no windchill.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
green bay destroyed Philly, New England blew out Indy in the second half yesterday, buzz saw teams.

honestly, Minnesota or the raidas might have been the only two teams the bears beat yesterday, its a win against a bad team that was driving for the tie but had no clue on how much time was left since the clocks all went down in the stadium.

Just a thought, couldnt they have put a clock on the big video screen everyone was watching?

You think they would if the bears were the team losing with time running out?

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think, at home, in the elements, the Bears have a chance against Detroit, Dallas and New Orleans.

Yeah the early cold snap could payoff with 4 warm weather/dome teams coming to town.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to say a coaches offense is antiquated by 10 years when it finished as the 2nd overall scoring offense just a season ago… behind only Denver, who set the scoring record.

And it took 1 season for the nfl to catch up. It's predictable now.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutler also probably had his best game as a Bear in his first career playoff game vs Seattle. 4 TD's (2 throwing, 2 rushing) 0 INT's 250 yards 120 QB rating.

But yeah… the Bears playoff hopes are very slim at the moment. They'd absolutely have to win out. But if they can beat TB… I suppose a little part of me may get excited for the Detroit game. I would 100% realize they'll likely lose, but I would not mind a somewhat meaningful Thanksgiving game. All I'm saying...

I thought about the Seattle game when I wrote that, but realized they were 7-9 that year. What'd he then go and do against the packers in the biggest game of his life? He was out played by freaking Caleb Hanie. Cutler has the tools to be great, but he clearly doesn't get it.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ The Bears did win in San Francisco, so we can't say they have gone the whole season without beating a good team.

I also wouldn't say Cutler can't win big games. He played great vs Green Bay in the last game of last season with the division title on the line. He put them in great position to win, but the defense allowed Rodgers to go down the field with a tiny amount of time left in the end. The 48 yard TD pass on 4th and 8 with only 38 seconds left. Cutler should have been in the playoffs last season after coming up big in a big game, but the defense broke down in the final minute. How quickly fans forget that.

With the state of the NFC, I agree that the Bears probably have to win out to have a decent chance at the playoffs. Getting 9 wins would probably give only a 10% chance or less of getting in. 10 wins would probably give them about a 50% chance this season. Beating the Bucs next week would at least give us 1 interesting game to look forward to against the Lions. If they were to win that one, it would start to feel like a realistic chance. But first things first, have to take care of business against a weak Bucs team.

That's the exception to the rule. Every big game that Cutler comes through for us in there are several games (big and small) that he blows it in.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then allow me to join you in the dumbass club. I feel the exact same way for the identical reasons. While they havent shown anything against the good teams theyve played so far- thats never a reason to not make the playoffs if indeed that becomes more realistic later on.

As always...its one game at a time... and hoping for a little outside help along the way. Having two games with the Lions this late in the season does provide the Bears an opportunity to offer up some damage through their own doing- that could prove large. Stay tuned...:suds:

I would also add, that seeing as Dallas holds the other WC spot, and we play them the Thursday at home following DET. That this game is also a good opportunity to do some damage. Dallas plays @NY and vs PHI the next two weeks. Not unthinkable that we could be two back, and maybe even one back of Dallas when they come to town.

We need Detroit to fade and GB to take the North since they obviously hold the head-to-head against us. But if we can somehow (again, I know it's a slim chance) find a way to reel off wins against TB, DET and DAL we'd hold the tiebreaker over virtually everyone in the WC hunt since we also beat San Fran earlier in the season.

I'd like to reiterate to the board that I do NOT believe any of the above will go down. So please, don't scold me over it. All I'm saying, is that the Bears control their own destiny a tad more than people think. And there still is some slim hope.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought about the Seattle game when I wrote that, but realized they were 7-9 that year. What'd he then go and do against the packers in the biggest game of his life? He was out played by freaking Caleb Hanie. Cutler has the tools to be great, but he clearly doesn't get it.

Cutler was hurt on the second possession of the game. Hard to say.

Seattle had just beaten NO who many thought were a SB contender. It was the first playoff game of his life, that's big… I don't care who the other team is. That's a big game.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutler was hurt on the second possession of the game. Hard to say.

Seattle had just beaten NO who many thought were a SB contender. It was the first playoff game of his life, that's big… I don't care who the other team is. That's a big game.

Seattle won at home against NO, where they have a humungous advantage. Seattle still sucks away now that they are actually good. And New Orleans was not a sb contender that year. Their defense was horrible.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How fucking great would it be to kick off Detroit's December slide?

chuck-norris-approves.gif

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle won at home against NO, where they have a humungous advantage. Seattle still sucks away now that they are actually good. And New Orleans was not a sb contender that year. Their defense was horrible.

Many thought they were. They were a sexy pick. Just saying.

And like I said, a playoff game is a big game. He was flawless. Sorry. I'm not a Jay backer any longer, but I can't sit here and blatantly lie about shit. Jay came up big that season on several occasions. Philly game, Jets game, etc… He also was playing his best football in a Bears uniform in 2011 at 7-3. I would love to see how that season would have played out if Forte and him stay healthy. I still think there's a good chance that was the best Bears team since the 80's.