• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Were the last two weeks (NE and GB) rock bottom?

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely played better today. Guys were rallying around each other. All that rah, rah bullshit.

Of course it helps playing the only team in the north worse than us. Trust me I wouldn't trade places with Minnesota for all the water in Minnetonka.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could tell from the first defensive series that the team showed up and was ready to play today. This week I was saying if they have any pride at all… they find a way to win at home. And I'm ashamed to say that they surprised me by having some left.

You know how easy it would have been after the fake punt and falling down 10-0 to say "here we go again… fuck it"?

For that, I commend them. Now… if they lose to Lovie and the Josh McCown show at home next week, that pretty much nullifies any forward progress. And then some.

In this game and in the second half of the SF game, they showed a tiny bit of heart. Outside of that, they've been zombies.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, lets hope they continue to gain confidence and momentum, next week. I would love to see the Bears ruin Detroit's season in two.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, lets hope they continue to gain confidence and momentum, next week. I would love to see the Bears ruin Detroit's season in two.

Hey…

Bears beat TB and DET loses in NE… we're two games back of DET for a WC with two games left against them.

:yahoo:

Whatever gets ya through the season. Right?

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey…

Bears beat TB and DET loses in NE… we're two games back of DET for a WC with two games left against them.

:yahoo:

Whatever gets ya through the season. Right?

Pretty much the only way the Bears can make the playoffs is by beating Detrot twice. A tall order, but stranger things have happened. If the Bears take care of business at home vs the Bucs next week, at least there will be a meaningful game the following week. That would feel like a big game with a chance to get back in the hunt by beating Detroit. But MAN, it's a shame the Bears didn't pull out another win earlier in the season. If they had not blown it against either Buffalo or Carolina, the season would feel a bit better now at 5-5 rather than the 4-6 hole.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much the only way the Bears can make the playoffs is by beating Detrot twice. A tall order, but stranger things have happened. If the Bears take care of business at home vs the Bucs next week, at least there will be a meaningful game the following week. That would feel like a big game with a chance to get back in the hunt by beating Detroit. But MAN, it's a shame the Bears didn't pull out another win earlier in the season. If they had not blown it against either Buffalo or Carolina, the season would feel a bit better now at 5-5 rather than the 4-6 hole.

Yeah, I've been going through that in my head all day. Just one of those two stupid CAR and BUF games, and things look a little better right now. It sucks.

I doubt they can pull off the win in Detroit on Thanksgiving (have to beat TB first), but if they did. New Orleans at home the following Thursday no longer looks as daunting. I honestly feel like a complete dumbass for even pondering this notion, but it's like I said… I never give up, and it gets me through the season. There's something I can't stand about the people who just want to tank, or even the people who say "They'll get killed in the playoffs anyway". Pisses me off.

Go Bears… beat Lovie and McCown. Let's go into Turkey Day and see what the hell happens.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, we probably need to run the table to make the playoffs. We aren't winning any big games with cutler at QB and this terrible defense. Everybody seems to forget how terrible this team looks when they play an actual team. We will probably beat the bucs since they are atrocious, but don't get your hopes up with this team because they will get smacked around by the lions, cowboys and lions again. New Orleans might be a good game since they are struggling, but the bears will probably lose that one too. I think this season was over the second we lost to Miami because there was no chance in hell we were going to bear the packers or patriots. I've already lost interest this year. I'm eager to see what they do next year.

I have also noticed a trend with the Bears. They never bring in the quality coaching candidates that are on everybody's radar. When they got Trestman, everybody wanted Bruce Arians who is doing very well in Arizona, and McCoy who is doing very well in San Diego. Reid is doing well in kc and Phillis head coach was also another candidate. These guys are on everybody's radar for a reason, because they are good. The front office decided to sign a retread in Trestman who coached in the Canadian football league because nobody wanted to give him that position in the NFL. They decided to sign an offensive head coach who's offensive style is already outdated by about 10 years and has been advanced by coaches like Harbaugh. Then they decided to get a defensive coordinator from probably the worst defense in the nfl for some reason. Kromer was an okay signing, but he's the exception. I am seriously getting sick of this shit. Go get a good coaching staff for heavens sake. Stop bringing in losers. It's not like this is an anomaly either. Remember Ron turners shitty performance as offensive coordinator? Then he moved on to fail as u of i's head coach, so we bring him back and expect something different? Mike Martz hadn't done anything for the teams he coached or was Offensive Coordinator for except get get his quarterback beat up, so the bears decide to sign him? Tice was just an idiot as well, so hey let's bring him in to run our offense.

It's a trend that will continue. If we get rid of Trestman, then The Bears will probably just fish another head coaching candidate out of the shitter and build him up to be the savior. Then they will Surround the shitty head coach with shitty coordinators and assistant coaches. This is a big problem with this team. Do you ever wonder why a lot of our draft picks don't pan out? It might partially be the players themselves, but a huge reason for it is the coaching staff couldn't coach their way out of a phone booth. They don't know how to develop players. But the old lady that owns the team doesn't care. People will still buy tickets and merchandise to pad her pocketbook. I'm sick of it and I'm about to quit with this team. It's the same damn thing every year.

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ The Bears did win in San Francisco, so we can't say they have gone the whole season without beating a good team.

I also wouldn't say Cutler can't win big games. He played great vs Green Bay in the last game of last season with the division title on the line. He put them in great position to win, but the defense allowed Rodgers to go down the field with a tiny amount of time left in the end. The 48 yard TD pass on 4th and 8 with only 38 seconds left. Cutler should have been in the playoffs last season after coming up big in a big game, but the defense broke down in the final minute. How quickly fans forget that.

With the state of the NFC, I agree that the Bears probably have to win out to have a decent chance at the playoffs. Getting 9 wins would probably give only a 10% chance or less of getting in. 10 wins would probably give them about a 50% chance this season. Beating the Bucs next week would at least give us 1 interesting game to look forward to against the Lions. If they were to win that one, it would start to feel like a realistic chance. But first things first, have to take care of business against a weak Bucs team.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, we probably need to run the table to make the playoffs. We aren't winning any big games with cutler at QB and this terrible defense. Everybody seems to forget how terrible this team looks when they play an actual team. We will probably beat the bucs since they are atrocious, but don't get your hopes up with this team because they will get smacked around by the lions, cowboys and lions again. New Orleans might be a good game since they are struggling, but the bears will probably lose that one too. I think this season was over the second we lost to Miami because there was no chance in hell we were going to bear the packers or patriots. I've already lost interest this year. I'm eager to see what they do next year.

I have also noticed a trend with the Bears. They never bring in the quality coaching candidates that are on everybody's radar. When they got Trestman, everybody wanted Bruce Arians who is doing very well in Arizona, and McCoy who is doing very well in San Diego. Reid is doing well in kc and Phillis head coach was also another candidate. These guys are on everybody's radar for a reason, because they are good. The front office decided to sign a retread in Trestman who coached in the Canadian football league because nobody wanted to give him that position in the NFL. They decided to sign an offensive head coach who's offensive style is already outdated by about 10 years and has been advanced by coaches like Harbaugh. Then they decided to get a defensive coordinator from probably the worst defense in the nfl for some reason. Kromer was an okay signing, but he's the exception. I am seriously getting sick of this shit. Go get a good coaching staff for heavens sake. Stop bringing in losers. It's not like this is an anomaly either. Remember Ron turners shitty performance as offensive coordinator? Then he moved on to fail as u of i's head coach, so we bring him back and expect something different? Mike Martz hadn't done anything for the teams he coached or was Offensive Coordinator for except get get his quarterback beat up, so the bears decide to sign him? Tice was just an idiot as well, so hey let's bring him in to run our offense.

It's a trend that will continue. If we get rid of Trestman, then The Bears will probably just fish another head coaching candidate out of the shitter and build him up to be the savior. Then they will Surround the shitty head coach with shitty coordinators and assistant coaches. This is a big problem with this team. Do you ever wonder why a lot of our draft picks don't pan out? It might partially be the players themselves, but a huge reason for it is the coaching staff couldn't coach their way out of a phone booth. They don't know how to develop players. But the old lady that owns the team doesn't care. People will still buy tickets and merchandise to pad her pocketbook. I'm sick of it and I'm about to quit with this team. It's the same damn thing every year.

Hard to say a coaches offense is antiquated by 10 years when it finished as the 2nd overall scoring offense just a season ago… behind only Denver, who set the scoring record.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ The Bears did win in San Francisco, so we can't say they have gone the whole season without beating a good team.

I also wouldn't say Cutler can't win big games. He played great vs Green Bay in the last game of last season with the division title on the line. He put them in great position to win, but the defense allowed Rodgers to go down the field with a tiny amount of time left in the end. The 48 yard TD pass on 4th and 8 with only 38 seconds left. Cutler should have been in the playoffs last season after coming up big in a big game, but the defense broke down in the final minute. How quickly fans forget that.

With the state of the NFC, I agree that the Bears probably have to win out to have a decent chance at the playoffs. Getting 9 wins would probably give only a 10% chance or less of getting in. 10 wins would probably give them about a 50% chance this season. Beating the Bucs next week would at least give us 1 interesting game to look forward to against the Lions. If they were to win that one, it would start to feel like a realistic chance. But first things first, have to take care of business against a weak Bucs team.

Cutler also probably had his best game as a Bear in his first career playoff game vs Seattle. 4 TD's (2 throwing, 2 rushing) 0 INT's 250 yards 120 QB rating.

But yeah… the Bears playoff hopes are very slim at the moment. They'd absolutely have to win out. But if they can beat TB… I suppose a little part of me may get excited for the Detroit game. I would 100% realize they'll likely lose, but I would not mind a somewhat meaningful Thanksgiving game. All I'm saying...

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I've been going through that in my head all day. Just one of those two stupid CAR and BUF games, and things look a little better right now. It sucks.

I doubt they can pull off the win in Detroit on Thanksgiving (have to beat TB first), but if they did. New Orleans at home the following Thursday no longer looks as daunting. I honestly feel like a complete dumbass for even pondering this notion, but it's like I said… I never give up, and it gets me through the season. There's something I can't stand about the people who just want to tank, or even the people who say "They'll get killed in the playoffs anyway". Pisses me off.

Go Bears… beat Lovie and McCown. Let's go into Turkey Day and see what the hell happens.

Then allow me to join you in the dumbass club. I feel the exact same way for the identical reasons. While they havent shown anything against the good teams theyve played so far- thats never a reason to not make the playoffs if indeed that becomes more realistic later on.

As always...its one game at a time... and hoping for a little outside help along the way. Having two games with the Lions this late in the season does provide the Bears an opportunity to offer up some damage through their own doing- that could prove large. Stay tuned...:suds:

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, they ran into a buzz saw with New England and GreenBay. A better team would have capitalized on the miscues. First half seemed like mostly pass again, but CBS at work again is not hardly worth watching. TOP turned big time when they decided to give the ball to Matt.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think, at home, in the elements, the Bears have a chance against Detroit, Dallas and New Orleans.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not betting the farm on it anytime soon, but a chance nonetheless.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How fucking great would it be to kick off Detroit's December slide?

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think, at home, in the elements, the Bears have a chance against Detroit, Dallas and New Orleans.

With Dallas's running game... I think not. No one has stopped Murray this year when Romo is healthy.