• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Well what is left this year:

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I see a decent team that has some glaring weaknesses, and is making too many mistakes.

It seems to me, though, that the coaches need to coach accordingly. More outside runs seems to be working. What I've never understood is the coaching strategy of doing the same thing over and over, even if it isn't working.

There also seems to be a glaring weakness in the defensive secondary, and if we are depending on the defense to win games, it's going to be a very long season.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I see a decent team that has some glaring weaknesses, and is making too many mistakes.

It seems to me, though, that the coaches need to coach accordingly. More outside runs seems to be working. What I've never understood is the coaching strategy of doing the same thing over and over, even if it isn't working.

There also seems to be a glaring weakness in the defensive secondary, and if we are depending on the defense to win games, it's going to be a very long season.
The secondary took a big hit when Hosley declared and Farrow left. Boye leaving was a bigger pain than the outside eyes could see at the time but he left for some personal reasons and I can't fault him for that. TG is a fantastic coach and has a reason for the schemes out there, but I agree the secondary is paper thin. We have some great ones coming in next year to ease that up but for right now, lets hope for no major injuries!

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When we lost on Saturday, I burned every VT shirt I own, threw my diploma in a paper shredder, unfollowed every VT player on twitter, quit grad school, and took a hammer to the flatscreen i was watching the game on. Then I drank until my liver exploded.

MY LIFE IS OVER!!!!!!!!!!!

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Beamer doesn't make changes because he's not worried about his job. He thinks, and he's probably right, that he's safe almost no matter what. It's a bad situation for fans.

As far as what is said...I'm sticking with facts. The negative stuff I've thrown out there recently is there for anyone to see

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If any new hires happen I'm hoping Beamer will go outside his comfort zone with them. I think everyone on the staff is either a family member, a former player, a former teammate, or a coach from Virginia. It's a little strange. Definitely a family atmosphere and not a business

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think realistically, there are going to have to be back to back years (maybe even 3) of 5-6 wins before we could even think about seeing any coaching changes, and with how shitty the ACC is, that's just not going to happen. Beamer is going to ride out the end of his career before he will burn bridges and actually let one of his boys go.

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When we lost on Saturday, I burned every VT shirt I own, threw my diploma in a paper shredder, unfollowed every VT player on twitter, quit grad school, and took a hammer to the flatscreen i was watching the game on. Then I drank until my liver exploded.

MY LIFE IS OVER!!!!!!!!!!!

I seriously worry that some day I'll lose my cool and throw a beer bottle at my flatsceen.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what this thread would look like if we had won...

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what this thread would look like if we had won...

Even if we had won, there were me obvious flaws out there, and it seemed like a below average (for us) season was imminent. I started this thread more to say that there was a lot left to play for than to say that we suck. I think that was kind of clear. We need a persepctive check every now and then.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why was the "Grumble, I don't like it! - tOfficial VTfoozball thread" closed? Looks like it needs to be re-opened in a hurry. Fooz is clogging up the other threads.