• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Well, the Michigan/Harbaugh hype is starting to pick up...

UM Fire

The man, the myth, the legend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any suspended players except for the quarterback . . .

True, but under normal circumstances, I'm of the opinion that Pryor was going to leave for the NFL anyway.

UM Fire

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot my favorite - Brady Hoke went 11-2 and won the Sugar Bowl the year the Buckeyes went 6-7 (2011)

Just goes to show what playing real defense can do for a RR coached team :thumb:

UM Fire

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I follow the Buckeyes pretty closely and never got that vibe.

Even if you are right on this one, IMO, it was the leaderless army that was the biggest reason for the fall. By the end, if I remember correctly, Miller was playing pretty well. While we can never know for sure, I don't know that Pryor would have made that much of a difference.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does that have to do with 5-4-1 record of the Ten Year War (which even in that 1 tie, Michigan was clearly the better team)? :noidea:

Yes they were 1/2 game better without the 3 NC. I will take the 3 NC over the 1/2.

What does that have to do with the other 10 wins? :noidea:

The only reason they went to the Sugar Bowl was the dumb move by the coach.

I'll give you the lying/coaching change but the sanctions really didn't affect that game. Any suspended players were able to play and the scholarship restrictions, small as they were, didn't kick in until later.

Wait are you implying that having Luke as the coach for tOSU that year had no effect on the game since all the players were there?

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason they went to the Sugar Bowl was the dumb move by the coach.

They still had to win the other 9 regular season games and that Sugar Bowl.

Which dumb moves by OSU coaches is kinda a trend

woody-hayes-punches-a-player-o.gif

Only a matter of time before Urban Liar does something to get himself fired.

Reactions: BUD

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, it's not automatically a good sign when a coach has a really successful first year.

Will Muschamp went 10-2 his first year at Florida, and that was the peak.

Gus Malzhan took Auburn to the championship game his 1st year, and they lost 5 games last year, might lose even more this year.

Kevin Sumlin had Johnny Manziel winning a heisman his first year. They've been in decline every year since. This year they are getting some hype and may have turned it around, but this is like his 4th year so it's taken awhile.

Helfrich with Oregon bucked the trend for 1 year. They went 11-2 his first year, and then 12-2 last year with the playoffs. But then they've nosedived hardcore this year.

Urban Meyer is the only one off the top of my head that had immediate success that has been able to maintain it.

Muschamp was 7-6 his first year at Florida. 11-2 was the second year.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They still had to win the other 9 regular season games and that Sugar Bowl.

Which dumb moves by OSU coaches is kinda a trend

View attachment 38011

Only a matter of time before Urban Liar does something to get himself fired.
You take the moral victories the Buckeyes will take the NC.

UM Fire

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait are you implying that having Luke as the coach for tOSU that year had no effect on the game since all the players were there?

The opposite. I agree Luke taking over the team affected our 2011 game. I was pointing out that the sanctions didn't start kicking in until the year after. I don't think the other sanctions had an impact.

Luke running the team, or lack of a strong HC, is what I meant by leaderless army.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm impressed with what Harbaugh has done, without one single crazed bro-off with an opposing coach. - He's good at football, he just sucks with people. - But, this is about football. :thumb:

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that why Michigan has 11 and OSU only 8? :noidea:
How many since the 40's? Yeah let me rephrase, you take the moral victories and the leather helmet NC and tOSU will take the modern NC.

UM Fire

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm impressed with what Harbaugh has done, without one single crazed bro-off with an opposing coach.

Yet, you forgot to say yet. I'm holding out hope for another "what's your deal" moment around say Thanksgiving weekend :thrasher:

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many since the 40's? Yeah let me rephrase, you take the moral victories and the leather helmet NC and tOSU will take the modern NC.

40's, 50's, 90's, even the 2000's, what's the difference? Were the games not played?

Outside of the games being played in the living memories of the recruits, a national title in 1902 means just as much as one in 2002.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet, you forgot to say yet. I'm holding out hope for another "what's your deal" moment around say Thanksgiving weekend :thrasher:

I am looking forward to the Harbaugh/Meyer handshake after The Game, especially after that sweet, sweet victory. :thumb:

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter how good a team is, the football season always sees a clunker or two that the really good teams fight through!

Indiana, Purdue, Western, and Central. Its the teams like Arkansas that can't fight through and beat a Toledo. That is solely on the coach. Good coaches get their team ready of get them in position to win a game a lesser team is about to steal. If that makes sense.

Can't take anything away from DAntonio or Meyer. They are great coaches and it isn't an accident they have been winning. It comes down to talent and more specifically who can get more from their talent. I like Harbaghs chances. He has shown he gets players to play tough. That is the biggest difference. Rich Rod nor Hoke had UofM playing tough. It's hard to talk shit as a fan when you are getting pushed all around the field. I just can't see Harbs teams getting pushed around and I am looking forward to a new era in the big 10 battles. I don't see any team dominating Michigan for the foreseeable future.

They may not be the favorites but they sure as hell will have a chance. And thats not something I could say for the last few years.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year is gone. New season. If they make it to the NC they will lose big

Just an outsiders point of view here. I like what I see @ Michigan, but to say tOSU is going to lose ANY conference game big is pretty funny.

When was the last time they lost a conference game at all?

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just an outsiders point of view here. I like what I see @ Michigan, but to say tOSU is going to lose ANY conference game big is pretty funny.

When was the last time they lost a conference game at all?

Doesnt matter when their last conference loss was. MSU can stop the bucks win streak this time around