• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Well, the Michigan/Harbaugh hype is starting to pick up...

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pat Forde

When will the remaining undefeated teams lose? Pat Forde says...

Northwestern Expiration date: Oct. 10, at Michigan. Saturday the Wildcats play in the Big House, in front of roughly 75,000 more people than have seen them play at any point this season. First team to 10 may win this matchup of the best defenses in the conference – and that team will be the Wolverines.

Michigan State Expiration date: Oct. 17, at Michigan. If this comes to pass, the Mitten may lose its mind. But which team is playing better football at the moment? The Wolverines.

Ohio State Expiration date: Nov. 28, at Michigan. And if it comes to this, Lord have mercy on the scarlet and gray.

I'm having a tough time buying into Michigan as legitimate B1G championship game contenders just yet, but I am pretty excited that many sports commentators are seeing some real potential for this season. If Forde is correct on his predictions and Michigan wins those 3 games, I'm not sure who else on their schedule would beat Michigan. If they were to miraculously win the B1G CG in Harbaugh's first year, and end the regular season with 1 loss, they would be a playoff team. I'm still thinking they are at least a 3 loss team, but would LOVE to be wrong.

What a change for Michigan fans from much of the last decade?!?!?! (although RR and Hoke had early season success while coaching at Michigan)

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still saying 8 wins. I really need to see us play more teams with winning records before I up that any. At this point I'm comfortable in saying we'll be "in" every game remaining on the schedule but I'm not sure if we're good enough to knock off people consistently. Northwestern should tell us a lot about this team. The thing that does make me want to change my mind in regards to beating rivals is actually not Michigan's play, but the poor play from MSU and OSU lately.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The scUMsuckers are about to lose two in a row. They have been playing well and I have been surprised.

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The scUMsuckers are about to lose two in a row. They have been playing well and I have been surprised.

The suckeyes will get theirs, if they actually make it to the NC.They will be humiliated. The easiest schedule in Division 1

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pat Forde

I'm having a tough time buying into Michigan as legitimate B1G championship game contenders just yet, but I am pretty excited that many sports commentators are seeing some real potential for this season. If Forde is correct on his predictions and Michigan wins those 3 games, I'm not sure who else on their schedule would beat Michigan. If they were to miraculously win the B1G CG in Harbaugh's first year, and end the regular season with 1 loss, they would be a playoff team. I'm still thinking they are at least a 3 loss team, but would LOVE to be wrong.

What a change for Michigan fans from much of the last decade?!?!?! (although RR and Hoke had early season success while coaching at Michigan)
The B1G is really weak this year so I have no problem stating they are a legitimate threat for a B1G title. Not a national title, but I still think their upcoming game against Northwestern will be a boring one sided win over an over inflated team.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The suckeyes will get theirs, if they actually make it to the NC.They will be humiliated. The easiest schedule in Division 1
I do like how you say they will get theirs in the NC, not in the B1G at all.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The B1G is really weak this year so I have no problem stating they are a legitimate threat for a B1G title. Not a national title, but I still think their upcoming game against Northwestern will be a boring one sided win over an over inflated team.

The B1G overall may be weak, but when you have two top 5 teams in your division, it's hard to say that Michigan's side of the B1G is weak. On paper, it seems that Michigan should lose to both MSU and OSU. Fortunately for most teams, games aren't played on paper. :hope:

I wouldn't be shocked if Michigan can beat both NW and MSU the next few weeks, but I'd be pretty close to shocked if it happened. I would be shocked if Michigan beat OSU this year though. Even as mediocre as OSU has played the past few weeks, they should still beat this Michigan team. Hopefully this rivalry gets a kick start with a Michigan victory!

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't Michigan at home this year though after nearly somehow winning last year? If it wasn't for that AWFUL 2 point conversion call. They motion a man over OSU calls a time out to adjust, so Michigan motions the same man and runs the same play with OSU knowing what it coming. It was pathetic coaching.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seems to me that you have set yourself up nicely for at least on more potential surprise.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You mean like how Ohio State was gonna get humiliated in last years Sugar Bowl & title game?

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pat Forde

Northwestern will CRUSH Michigan.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The B1G overall may be weak, but when you have two top 5 teams in your division, it's hard to say that Michigan's side of the B1G is weak. On paper, it seems that Michigan should lose to both MSU and OSU. Fortunately for most teams, games aren't played on paper. :hope:

I wouldn't be shocked if Michigan can beat both NW and MSU the next few weeks, but I'd be pretty close to shocked if it happened. I would be shocked if Michigan beat OSU this year though. Even as mediocre as OSU has played the past few weeks, they should still beat this Michigan team. Hopefully this rivalry gets a kick start with a Michigan victory!
According to FPI, Michigan is favored over MSU

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't Michigan at home this year though after nearly somehow winning last year? If it wasn't for that AWFUL 2 point conversion call. They motion a man over OSU calls a time out to adjust, so Michigan motions the same man and runs the same play with OSU knowing what it coming. It was pathetic coaching.

Michigan got clobbered by both Ohio State and Michigan State last year

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
imagessdfsdfsdf.jpg

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean like how Ohio State was gonna get humiliated in last years Sugar Bowl & title game?

Last year is gone. New season. If they make it to the NC they will lose big

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year is gone. New season. If they make it to the NC they will lose big

I would expect a meeeechegan fan to say that.