• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

well some good news

BamaCards1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhh, Ya. I never caused the injury neither did any Seahawk player. I never hoped for the injury. I never cheered when the player got injured. But given the circumstances, Yes I am happy that a the chance of winning is higher now. You and anyone else who claims there isn't some part of them that is happy that they don't have to face some All-pro threat is either lying or Mother Theresa. This is such a dumb argument in my opinion. It basically is about not saying what you really feel. You are allowed to be secretly happy that a star player is out, but don't dare say it. It's P.C. crap. If I had my preference the Hawks would play every teams back-ups every week. I don't care, I want the team to do well and that's that. It's more fun when you defeat at full strength but don't expect me to need a box of tissues when some NFC rival star player ends up on IR. Again, that doesn't mean I'm hoping for injuries, I'm simply acknowledging that once the injury occurs and it benefits my team I'm not going to PRETEND I'm upset about it.

Amazing that a person is so desperate for a win that it comes to that. Maybe we can have you guys play the arena league teams next year then. There is no meaning in beating teams that are down and out. It's a win and with an * Win at all cost right? Go for the knees, late hit the QB in a chance of knocking him out. That sounds about like your mentality. :gaah:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing that a person is so desperate for a win that it comes to that. Maybe we can have you guys play the arena league teams next year then. There is no meaning in beating teams that are down and out. It's a win and with an * Win at all cost right? Go for the knees, late hit the QB in a chance of knocking him out. That sounds about like your mentality. :gaah:

Every team marches onto the field with who ever is healthy. Fans can hope for this or hope for that, matters not at all. Fans can be happy about other teams misfortunes or not, matters not at all. Injuries happen and those are the breaks, trust me which ever team wins at the end, that team will never say "well if so and so hadn't got hurt, this team would never have got here". I think the OP worded his thread badly, would of been better to say some thing like "Other injuries in the NFC west", no need to get worked up about it however, because fans have no impact on these kinds of things anyway.

BamaCards1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every team marches onto the field with who ever is healthy. Fans can hope for this or hope for that, matters not at all. Fans can be happy about other teams misfortunes or not, matters not at all. Injuries happen and those are the breaks, trust me which ever team wins at the end, that team will never say "well if so and so hadn't got hurt, this team would never have got here". I think the OP worded his thread badly, would of been better to say some thing like "Other injuries in the NFC west", no need to get worked up about it however, because fans have no impact on these kinds of things anyway.

Agreed

Whoever wins the West, it will be because they earned that right...enough said

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Judge meant no disrespect in the OP.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta say we got some hypocrites on this board. Last year when someone got injured (can't remember who, but think it was someone on the 9ers) I said it was a good thing for us and was nearly run off this board with torches and pitchforks.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You do realize this is the hawks board right? Save that crap for the general.

Was this kind of an awkward thread? Yeah, probably not the best title or choice of words and not something I'd say, but people are allowed to be homers and idiots on their own team board without outsiders dumping on them.

Seattle has had more injuries this year than any other team in the division, and yes that includes the Rams. I suppose at this point other teams having some of their own, and key players like ours at that, might seem like it levels the playing field a bit again.

Did we really have a cards fan tell us they want every game only against teams at full strength? I guess you want to give up that free win against a romo-less Dallas team then? :L

It is sad to see any player go down, especially when it's a season ending one. Bowman last year was bad. Palmer is sad, Mebane is sad. It is also the rule in the NFL. No team escapes it. Teams do get lucky or unlucky about when they face teams in respect to how healthy they are or aren't.

I do think it's in bad taste to be happy about it even if your team is lucky to have those breaks.

BamaCards1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize this is the hawks board right? Save that crap for the general.

Was this kind of an awkward thread? Yeah, probably not the best title or choice of words and not something I'd say, but people are allowed to be homers and idiots on their own team board without outsiders dumping on them.

Seattle has had more injuries this year than any other team in the division, and yes that includes the Rams. I suppose at this point other teams having some of their own, and key players like ours at that, might seem like it levels the playing field a bit again.

Did we really have a cards fan tell us they want every game only against teams at full strength? I guess you want to give up that free win against a romo-less Dallas team then? :L

It is sad to see any player go down, especially when it's a season ending one. Bowman last year was bad. Palmer is sad, Mebane is sad. It is also the rule in the NFL. No team escapes it. Teams do get lucky or unlucky about when they face teams in respect to how healthy they are or aren't.

I do think it's in bad taste to be happy about it even if your team is lucky to have those breaks.

These are public boards............Sorry if it bothers you since you are the biggest Cardinal hater on any board. Get over it already.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These are public boards............Sorry if it bothers you since you are the biggest Cardinal hater on any board. Get over it already.

So saying you aren't buying into a team is the same as hating them? I've never said a hateful word. Just because people don't believe in your team doesn't make them a hater.

And team boards are no fly zones for folks not of that team to talk shit. It's a hard rule. If you were unaware of it you are now. If you knew about it and still feel like not following it you will soon find out how serious that rule is.

Now go fuck off and troll somewhere else.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is quite the leap from what I said. I never said "win at all costs" or to go for the knees or take late hits on QBs. You said that stuff, not me.

I'm not saying I hope for injuries. But if one does happen to a rival and it gives my team an advantage I'm supposed to feel bad about it? Give me a break. Of course most people don't want players to get hurt, get suspended, get traded or whatever, but it happens all the time. Sometimes that will benefit your team. I'm not about to feign some sort of pseudo-sadness in an attempt to look noble to a bunch of posters on a sports forum.

I personally have always really liked Palmer, I've always pulled for the guy when he isn't playing Seattle, so I didn't "enjoy" seeing him go out for the year with his injury. On the other hand my brain is capable of making the logical assumption that this could benefit my Hawks down the stretch and for that I'm happy. I make no apologies for being honest about it.

BloodType49

FT Bragg NC, aka the center of the universe.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing anyone remembers from a season is the Team holding that shiny Lombardi and all the glory that comes with it. No one is gonna give a crap that you played some teams who had injury problems, I completely understand where the OP is coming from....the blow of losing Willis was definitely eased up a bit after hearing about Mebane and Palmer....I'm not "happy" about it id rather all the teams have there 53 man rosters intact, but it evens things out a bit at least.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So just a bit off topic question but since there are Cardinals, 49er, and Seahawks fans in here who is the bigger loss of the 3 for their respective teams?

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So just a bit off topic question but since there are Cardinals, 49er, and Seahawks fans in here who is the bigger loss of the 3 for their respective teams?

I'd say anytime you lose your starting QB you win the "who lost the most" competition.

Toss up between Mebane and Willis for second place I think. And I'm not counting St. Louis just because they are already out of the playoff running.

BamaCards1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So saying you aren't buying into a team is the same as hating them? I've never said a hateful word. Just because people don't believe in your team doesn't make them a hater.

And team boards are no fly zones for folks not of that team to talk shit. It's a hard rule. If you were unaware of it you are now. If you knew about it and still feel like not following it you will soon find out how serious that rule is.

Now go fuck off and troll somewhere else.

What's wrong, the pressure getting too you? i mean every prediction you make seems to come back and bit you or you seem to find a way of sticking your foot in your mouth..........

Just a few quick comments you've made............

The Cardinals will lose 3 of there next 4............so far they are 2-0 since that comment
Seattle would never lose to a backup qb at home..........They lost to a third string QB

Please feel free t leave more of your wonderful insight of the game of football and how much you know.

Troll, laughable, I actually come here to talk football. Plus i know a lot of these people from the ESPN days and enjoy what they write, unlike you who only wishes to throw stones. Have a nice day!

BamaCards1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say anytime you lose your starting QB you win the "who lost the most" competition.

Toss up between Mebane and Willis for second place I think. And I'm not counting St. Louis just because they are already out of the playoff running.

agreed, but thats not to take lightly the significance of their loss. Both are big time players. Mebane is a nightmare on that line and he's going to be missed big time.

Willis isn't quite the player he was, but still a great player. Bowman perhaps out for the season also really hurts their chances of making the playoffs now. They still have a tough defense. But thats 2 big losses for them on defense.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kind of hard to say really. You'd normally just say the QB given the profile of that position and that very well could be the case. It really comes down to who can make up the most of what that loss is for them. Stanton played in 3 games already and had something around the 80's in passer rating? Still, whole different thing to prepare as the guy than to prepare to cover for the guy until they return. Big time pressure.

SF has had issues on defense with injuries and suspensions, but Bowman and Smith are returning and they have other options.

Mebane is the heart and soul of the run defense for Seattle and when you add wagner being out it's a huge blow, but we will see how they adjust with a huge test this week.

The injuries likely will have some impact for all 3 squads. Who it cost most might not be known until the end of the season.