• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

well some good news

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because we got San Fran for 2

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Tuesday that the 49ers will place Willis on season-ending injured reserve, per a source informed of the team's plans. Willis hasn't appeared in a game since he injured the toe in a Week 6 win over the St. Louis Rams.

Fox Sports' Mike Garafolo first reported the news.

It's a crushing loss for the 49ers, who are forced to move forward without their five-time first-team All-Pro. Rookie Chris Borland has emerged as a tackling machine in the middle of Jim Harbaugh's defense, but Willis has been the unit's unquestioned heart for eight seasons.

The Niners also appear to be in danger of not having the services of NaVorro Bowman this season. ESPN's Ed Werder reported Tuesday that Bowman is still having knee pain and is unsure when he will be cleared to return to practice. Bowman has not played a down since suffering a serious knee injury in the NFC Championship Game.

Patrick Willis on IR

NinerFan52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sad if you need the "good news" of a season ending injury for an opponent to help win. Stay classy.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad news is we lost our own corner stone of our defense.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sad if you need the "good news" of a season ending injury for an opponent to help win. Stay classy.

Don't take it so personal. I don't think anyone on here wants these guy's physically hurt, but having to play against you guy's without the heart of your D is helpful. The same could be said about Mebane going down today, and the help it will create for your run game. Has nothing to do with being classy, geeze.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks can beat the niners with Willis on the field.

And their LBs looked pretty good yesterday.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Niners have had that Borland guy fill in decently and are getting Smith and Bowman back. I don't really think its good news at all. I don't really care about other teams injury situations that much.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't take it so personal. I don't think anyone on here wants these guy's physically hurt, but having to play against you guy's without the heart of your D is helpful. The same could be said about Mebane going down today, and the help it will create for your run game. Has nothing to do with being classy, geeze.

I agree with you. People are too politically correct and sensitive about these things. It's not like anyone is hoping for injuries but when one does happen I don't see what's wrong with pointing out the fact that it will help whichever team plays against the injured team because it weakens them. It has nothing to do with being classless, its just speaking the obvious truth.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

taken out of context. My good man

Thing is. Like you guys we lost a Huge member of our Defense in Mebane. I have been trying to put somewhat of a "good" spin, but obivously failed.

BamaCards1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've ZERO pitty for any teams injuries! But being happy about it is just down right wrong.

BamaCards1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again taken out of context

Oh I get it, you're happy because the chance of a win is higher now. WHEN you need another teams players to be injured to have a shot at beating them, is that really a win in the end, on paper, but it doesn't prove you can beat them at full strength.

I'd rather face a team at full strength and eliminate any doubt or debates.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I get it, you're happy because the chance of a win is higher now. WHEN you need another teams players to be injured to have a shot at beating them, is that really a win in the end, on paper, but it doesn't prove you can beat them at full strength.

Meh, sure pie in the sky i'd like to see my team at full strength vs others at full strength, cause my team would most likely win.....but my team is hardly healthy so if other teams get some bad luck.... so be it.

Now back to the juice box and orange slice mentality, nobody loses, everyone gets a participation medal and we dont even keep score.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Perfect, so you will concede all your victories this season since it is likely every team had a starter out, right?

The whole I want your best thing is bravado, and sometimes the best a team has is second or third string QBs and LBs and DTs. Part of the game. You can only play what is in front of you as it is presented. I am sure teams were glad to meet the Hawks with 6 or 7 starters out.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here we go with this again :L

It's football, guy's WILL get hurt, and I want to smoke the other team no matter what! The Hawks whooped the Broncos to win the SB, and all the while the Broncos were missing Von Miller & Ryan Clady. Should the Hawks feel like they didn't deserve the trophy? Hell no! This thread is being analyzed way out of context, and by who, Cards & Niners fans. Go figure.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Uhh, Ya. I never caused the injury neither did any Seahawk player. I never hoped for the injury. I never cheered when the player got injured. But given the circumstances, Yes I am happy that a the chance of winning is higher now. You and anyone else who claims there isn't some part of them that is happy that they don't have to face some All-pro threat is either lying or Mother Theresa. This is such a dumb argument in my opinion. It basically is about not saying what you really feel. You are allowed to be secretly happy that a star player is out, but don't dare say it. It's P.C. crap. If I had my preference the Hawks would play every teams back-ups every week. I don't care, I want the team to do well and that's that. It's more fun when you defeat at full strength but don't expect me to need a box of tissues when some NFC rival star player ends up on IR. Again, that doesn't mean I'm hoping for injuries, I'm simply acknowledging that once the injury occurs and it benefits my team I'm not going to PRETEND I'm upset about it.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed.... But there are no teams at full strength in the NFC West right now.... It's been brutal ...

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every team in the NFCW are catching breaks with unfortunant injuries to key players from other teams. This thread isn't about celebrating injuries just how it could impact when they face each other down the line. People need to chill.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting use of the word good.

BamaCards1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perfect, so you will concede all your victories this season since it is likely every team had a starter out, right?

The whole I want your best thing is bravado, and sometimes the best a team has is second or third string QBs and LBs and DTs. Part of the game. You can only play what is in front of you as it is presented. I am sure teams were glad to meet the Hawks with 6 or 7 starters out.

The Cardinals have lost more high profile players than any team in the West including the Rams. Why would I concede any thing when we're already playing our backups! Come on man!