• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Well it looks like the Seahawks....

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, redskins over paid for Wentz, but damn am I glad they didn’t get Wilson. Wilson is what LJ will look like after his legs are gone too. Probably same thing with hurts

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but Schneider explained those actions, which was the first real time anyone brought up no team has won a Super Bowl with 12% of their cap being their QB.

This vindicates the trades but damn it sucks thinking the Seahawks could’ve continued their dynasty drafting Geno instead of extending Russell.

Yah, tough thing to do.... you've got a fanbase and revenue to think about end of day. As a GM, part of your responsibility is keeping money in the door. I think at the start of this year, Seattle's FO was just done... and the fact (even though she's probably not as invested as Paul) Jody was like, "Yah fine, move him." said it all.... Seattle had enough of Wilson and IMO Wilson lost the whole locker room. Metcalf saying he was ready to step up as a leader, the OL basically thrown under the bus...

Again, would love to know how long this was going on for... and then couple all this with Wilson's injury, I have to wonder what in the wide world of fuck Denver was thinking with that trade.

I've said it numerous times, but what annoys the F out of me, is how a number of people in social media and the sports world, thought Denver's offense was going to be better than Seattle's? The OL was the same PFF grade (with Brown granted), the receivers in Seattle are FAR superior, and if healthy Penny is just as good as the Broncos RB. And then with the trades..... WTF was Wilson profiting by, moving to Denver? Seattle wanted him the fuck out, let's just make the clear... Denver was the only team on his list. I firmly believe Seattle moved him, and they were looking to do it 3-4 years ago.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Little bit of decline? Some of you Hawk fans been in denial, he has held you back for years now.

I wouldn't say he held them back because the Hawks roster for the past couple of years haven't been great and I do think his play dragged some mediocre Hawks teams to the playoffs.

It's just once Wilson got to the playoffs he was average at best and the Hawks weren't going to make any deep runs with him at the helm without a legendary defense like the LOB era. So in that regard you could say he held them back.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Sharkonabicycle telling us how he really feels in this thread. Have you considered writing at book instead?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really wonder what went down in the locker room with Wilson and the team. Carroll saying: "It's more than one guy, you figure it out." Sherman absolutely elated that the Broncos lost tonight and Wilson looked like crap, Duane Brown (all pro LT) visibly yelling at Wilson on the field, Hamlin now yelling at Wilson, 'team 3' throwing the OL under the bus.... that shit doesn't just happen.

I think the whole Seattle organization was basically like, "FUCK you dude." and I think the rumors about Schneider trying to trade to get Allen or Mahomes is 100% true at this point.
Add in Sherm taking his shot at PC, by saying Denver needed to run the ball.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah, tough thing to do.... you've got a fanbase and revenue to think about end of day. As a GM, part of your responsibility is keeping money in the door. I think at the start of this year, Seattle's FO was just done... and the fact (even though she's probably not as invested as Paul) Jody was like, "Yah fine, move him." said it all.... Seattle had enough of Wilson and IMO Wilson lost the whole locker room. Metcalf saying he was ready to step up as a leader, the OL basically thrown under the bus...

Again, would love to know how long this was going on for... and then couple all this with Wilson's injury, I have to wonder what in the wide world of fuck Denver was thinking with that trade.

I've said it numerous times, but what annoys the F out of me, is how a number of people in social media and the sports world, thought Denver's offense was going to be better than Seattle's? The OL was the same PFF grade (with Brown granted), the receivers in Seattle are FAR superior, and if healthy Penny is just as good as the Broncos RB. And then with the trades..... WTF was Wilson profiting by, moving to Denver? Seattle wanted him the fuck out, let's just make the clear... Denver was the only team on his list. I firmly believe Seattle moved him, and they were looking to do it 3-4 years ago.
There were those of us saying where there is smoke there is fire going back to the Wilson isn't black enough comment.

There were multiple issues going on in that locker room. Not just RW.

Players resented the goal line pass/int to lose the SB. With the thought it was to give Wilson the glory??? Maybe true, maybe not? But it's what has been said.

Lots of issues with Defensive players...

Everything is good when you have a bubble gum chomping cheerleader and the team is winning. Once the winning stopped the problems escalated.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would wait to spike the football on winning a trade for now if I were Seahawks fans. They've been known to do that too early before.....

Jamal Adams is pretty good

But man Wilson has looked like complete dogshit. It is hard to see him going from what he is now to what he was in 2020 at this point. Seattle has definitely won in terms of what they received for him because Wilson now wouldnt net the Broncos a 3rd rounder back at the end of the year the way it is looking. But it is still really early.

But Geno Smith. C'mon. Are we all really buying the idea that he is a good option moving forward for Seattle? Guy is a FA at the end of this year. If Seattle wants him to be a starter, they might have to hand him a $25M or more annual contract. Seattle fans should be screaming......

Its A Trap Movie GIF by Star Wars

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, redskins over paid for Wentz, but damn am I glad they didn’t get Wilson. Wilson is what LJ will look like after his legs are gone too. Probably same thing with hurts
Sad to see, I hope Russ isn’t done but I honestly dont know right now. That offense is UGLY and peoples points on his scrambling ability declining while being important makes sense.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread delivered.

It's Seattle fans old homeboy week.
Good to see some of this guys are still kicking

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing about Russell Wilson he is the hardest person in the NFL by far to coach and try to develop an offense around. Things went south in Seattle when his athleticism could no longer cover up the holes in his game and teams knew how to attack those weaknesses. Plus now Russ is all about his legacy and trying to prove he is a pocket passer so he essentially doesnt do what he's coached to do. I guarantee you Russ either audibled into that last 4th and 1 play or it was hand picked for him.

Pete and John were not stupid, they had been QB hunting since Mahomes and Allen were coming out of school. In the end the roster was still strong enough for RW to be the best option to try and win games. However it was clear in mid 2020 it wasnt working. If he could have been dealt that offseason it would have been great but the cap number kind of prohibited that.

Anyway I feel for Hackett, he is eventually gonna get scapegoated as he didnt have the clout Pete did in Seattle when the offensive coordinators were the ones that got scapegoated.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were those of us saying where there is smoke there is fire going back to the Wilson isn't black enough comment.

Players resented the goal line pass/int to lose the SB. With the thought it was to give Wilson the glory??? Maybe true, maybe not? But it's what has been said.

Everything is good when you have a bubble gum chomping cheerleader and the team is winning. Once the winning stopped the problems escalated.

The fact the team (and fans) reacted the way they did in week 1, was telling. When a player (especially QB) comes back to a team and the players/staff/trainers, etc. basically leave him on an island after the game is over and after they won, that says a lot. Carroll barely even looked at Wilson.

As for the 'isn't black enough' comment, I really wonder if that's code for he's just not being real in interviews and in the media. The pass was still the correct call (1 timeout, 2nd down), just not THAT pass play, but Wilson still pulled the trigger - and I think the defense is sour about that. As for Sherman bashing Pete on "RUN THE BALL" - that could be a dig at Carroll... it could also be a dig at Wilson because Sherman thinks Wilson is not that great of a QB and trusted to pass in that situation. Hamlin appears to agree, I rarely see a wide receiver - even one that's open, take off his helmet and show that visible frustration, even in a losing situation.

Seems Russ may have already lost the locker room in Denver as well. You were brought in to be this 'savior' in Denver, and you've done fuck all, while being paid a ton of money, the OL already looks like crap, and all Wilson seemed concerned about when he got to Denver was the stupid "Let's ride", his image, and the commercials. He's probably carrying himself high and mighty in the locker room, so it's not hard to see why Seattle dumped him, and guys like Hamlin are reacting the way they are.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wasn't just defensive... M. Lynch and D. Baldwin both had strained relationships w/ RW over that as well...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't just defensive... M. Lynch and D. Baldwin both had strained relationships w/ RW over that as well...

1665163970273.png

Yikes.... looks like Melvin and Hamler (the helmet slam/glare) already both can't stand the guy. That is NOT a good look Melvin is shooting him. Basically "Oh so you're better than us, you got your paycheck, so now you're good." I 100% believe the rumor that Carroll/Schneider were trying to ship this guy out 3-4 years ago. And I think there's a reason team 3 negotiated that no trade clause.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell Wilson plays Russell Wilson football, and he has for the last 2+ seasons. You can win with Russell Wilson football but it requires him to make more difficult and higher risk passes when less difficult and lower risk passes are available...for the same rewards. Seahawks fans have called it Hero ball. The Broncos haven't adapted to Wilson yet. They'll have to because Wilson won't adapt for them. Wilson is still a good QB and he's a QB you can win with, but it's becoming harder to win with him because of his limitations. He's been an entertaining quality opponent for Rams fans to watch, but we didn't fear him because we knew how to defend against him.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have said this a few times in the Seahawks Board.

All of those anncouers and commentators Talking about the " launch codes" and "moon balls" got into Russ's head.

Now that is all he cares about. Fuck those houdani plays. Use the launch codes.

Fuck the team. They can't throw a deep ball like me