• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Well it looks like the Seahawks....

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact the team (and fans) reacted the way they did in week 1, was telling. When a player (especially QB) comes back to a team and the players/staff/trainers, etc. basically leave him on an island after the game is over and after they won, that says a lot. Carroll barely even looked at Wilson.

As for the 'isn't black enough' comment, I really wonder if that's code for he's just not being real in interviews and in the media. The pass was still the correct call (1 timeout, 2nd down), just not THAT pass play, but Wilson still pulled the trigger - and I think the defense is sour about that. As for Sherman bashing Pete on "RUN THE BALL" - that could be a dig at Carroll... it could also be a dig at Wilson because Sherman thinks Wilson is not that great of a QB and trusted to pass in that situation. Hamlin appears to agree, I rarely see a wide receiver - even one that's open, take off his helmet and show that visible frustration, even in a losing situation.

Seems Russ may have already lost the locker room in Denver as well. You were brought in to be this 'savior' in Denver, and you've done fuck all, while being paid a ton of money, the OL already looks like crap, and all Wilson seemed concerned about when he got to Denver was the stupid "Let's ride", his image, and the commercials. He's probably carrying himself high and mighty in the locker room, so it's not hard to see why Seattle dumped him, and guys like Hamlin are reacting the way they are.
Always said a roll out pass play would've been the correct call.

Kind of funny how quickly so many Hawk fans have turned 180 on Wilson. For years all we heard was how great he was. Some of us didn't hold that same opinion.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't just defensive... M. Lynch and D. Baldwin both had strained relationships w/ RW over that as well...
Agree, I said there were multiple. Let's not forget Golden Tate. But the D certainly weren't happy with Wilson and the coaching decisions.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kind of funny how quickly so many Hawk fans have turned 180 on Wilson. For years all we heard was how great he was. Some of us didn't hold that same opinion.

Wilson was a great QB. Incredible mobility, amazing improvisation and ability to extend plays. One of the best deep balls in the league coupled with playaction.

A lot of Hawks fans just saw it coming to an end in 2020 during the "Let Russ cook" thing. It was very apparent to most Hawks fans that he was doing fuck all the 2nd half of the season once defenses started dropping 2 safeties and he was not going through progressions and throwing over the middle of the field. 2021 highlighted the issue even moreso and then he got injured. His mobility declined heavily in the last 2 years, and he's no longer a threat on the ground.

Wilson (at least IMO) WAS a good QB. He had a rare ability to extend plays and elude defenders with his legs and was a legit threat in that regard. He's not anymore, and defenses/coordinators have 100% picked up on it. He's not a traditional pocket QB and given some recent injuries and his age, it's just kind of done. That's fine... he's nearly 34. He's not going to Tom Brady it... most QBs by 34 ESPECIALLY if relying on their legs (which Wilson 100% needed to do) are done.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson was a great QB. Incredible mobility, amazing improvisation and ability to extend plays. One of the best deep balls in the league coupled with playaction.

A lot of Hawks fans just saw it coming to an end in 2020 during the "Let Russ cook" thing. It was very apparent to most Hawks fans that he was doing fuck all the 2nd half of the season once defenses started dropping 2 safeties and he was not going through progressions and throwing over the middle of the field. 2021 highlighted the issue even moreso and then he got injured. His mobility declined heavily in the last 2 years, and he's no longer a threat on the ground.

Wilson (at least IMO) WAS a good QB. He had a rare ability to extend plays and elude defenders with his legs and was a legit threat in that regard. He's not anymore, and defenses/coordinators have 100% picked up on it. He's not a traditional pocket QB and given some recent injuries and his age, it's just kind of done. That's fine... he's nearly 34. He's not going to Tom Brady it... most QBs by 34 ESPECIALLY if relying on their legs (which Wilson 100% needed to do) are done.
Even you do it.

Your first paragraph says he was great. Later on you say he was good.

He was more lucky than great. The D bailed his ass out quite a bit. As you alluded to most of his success was based on his scrambling abilities. First teams had to spy him leaving fewer defenders to defend the pass after his scrambles.

Many of fans argued over and over how good of a pocket passer he was.

Sorry but there are lots of fickle Hawk fans. They loved him, he couldn't do anything wrong, setting records...

Now many of those same fans loathe him. Same fans that laughed and persecutated Pat fans when Brady left. Most Pat fans don't hate Brady. They understand the game and the business.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even you do it.

Your first paragraph says he was great. Later on you say he was good.

He was more lucky than great. The D bailed his ass out quite a bit. As you alluded to most of his success was based on his scrambling abilities. First teams had to spy him leaving fewer defenders to defend the pass after his scrambles.

Many of fans argued over and over how good of a pocket passer he was.

Sorry but there are lots of fickle Hawk fans. They loved him, he couldn't do anything wrong, setting records...

Now many of those same fans loathe him. Same fans that laughed and persecutated Pat fans when Brady left. Most Pat fans don't hate Brady. They understand the game and the business.

Good, great, whatever.... fine.

I still appreciate what Wilson did for Seattle, best QB in the franchises history. I just don't think his playstyle was sustainable that long (much like Lamar Jackson IMO but to a higher degree as he took far less hits on scrambling). What is interesting to me is how Seattle players reacted to week 1, how Hamler/Gordon were basically side eyeing or glaring at him in this last weeks game, how Denver fans are leaving the stadium.... how some analysts are saying that Wilson carries himself all high and mighty with his silicone based wife.... yah, I mean... that's really interesting to me. We'll never know the full story behind it (unless you're Pete/John's next of kin) but it really makes me wonder WTF was going on the last several years in that locker room.

I mean everyone is talking about it... it's not like I'm the only person asking the question and wondering wtf was going on. I never had a problem with Wilson and recognize he led us to various wins.. but when now I'm hearing about Seattle was shopping him in 2018 and then the no trade clause, and multiple O coordinators, etc. it does raise some questions.

I mean basically:

5e27c65a-375b-4d25-b507-355f7a7f1693_text.gif

I'm sure various fans of the Giants supported Barry Bonds for years and loved the guy and then based on the steroids (no I am not saying Russ did steroids, get real) immediately turned against the guy once it all came out.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good, great, whatever.... fine.

I still appreciate what Wilson did for Seattle, best QB in the franchises history. I just don't think his playstyle was sustainable that long (much like Lamar Jackson IMO but to a higher degree as he took far less hits on scrambling). What is interesting to me is how Seattle players reacted to week 1, how Hamler/Gordon were basically side eyeing or glaring at him in this last weeks game, how Denver fans are leaving the stadium.... how some analysts are saying that Wilson carries himself all high and mighty with his silicone based wife.... yah, I mean... that's really interesting to me. We'll never know the full story behind it (unless you're Pete/John's next of kin) but it really makes me wonder WTF was going on the last several years in that locker room.

I mean everyone is talking about it... it's not like I'm the only person asking the question and wondering wtf was going on. I never had a problem with Wilson and recognize he led us to various wins.. but when now I'm hearing about Seattle was shopping him in 2018 and then the no trade clause, and multiple O coordinators, etc. it does raise some questions.

I mean basically:

5e27c65a-375b-4d25-b507-355f7a7f1693_text.gif

I'm sure various fans of the Giants supported Barry Bonds for years and loved the guy and then based on the steroids (no I am not saying Russ did steroids, get real) immediately turned against the guy once it all came out.
You're one of the few honest Hawk fan posters.

I guess what I'm trying to say is many of us outside the Seattle fanbase saw this coming. Everytime we brought it up the 12 apologizers acted as though we kicked their dawg. They came up with every excuse as to why we were haters...

One of the most uneducated and fickle fan bases around. I speak of the pink hat 12s on here. Not just painting a broad stroke. There are some good fans. Unfortunately, it's a small number.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're one of the few honest Hawk fan posters.

I guess what I'm trying to say is many of us outside the Seattle fanbase saw this coming. Everytime we brought it up the 12 apologizers acted as though we kicked their dawg. They came up with every excuse as to why we were haters...

One of the most uneducated and fickle fan bases around. I speak of the pink hat 12s on here. Not just painting a broad stroke. There are some good fans. Unfortunately, it's a small number.

Eh I'd be lying if I didn't say I was defensive of Wilson prior to mid 2020 where 2 deep safeties just flat out exposed him and he stopped using his legs as much. I saw his playstyle coming to an end in the last year and a half, but I still thought he was an elite QB in the 2000 teen years. Again, I was fine with the trade (I graded it favorably for Seattle despite walter football, PFF and various sites grading it negatively for Seattle). That said, I did NOT see the whole locker room issue and what we're hearing now, coming. I figured it was just a pissed off Richard Sherman because they lost a Super Bowl, but seems it went WAY deeper than that.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah, tough thing to do.... you've got a fanbase and revenue to think about end of day. As a GM, part of your responsibility is keeping money in the door. I think at the start of this year, Seattle's FO was just done... and the fact (even though she's probably not as invested as Paul) Jody was like, "Yah fine, move him." said it all.... Seattle had enough of Wilson and IMO Wilson lost the whole locker room. Metcalf saying he was ready to step up as a leader, the OL basically thrown under the bus...

Again, would love to know how long this was going on for... and then couple all this with Wilson's injury, I have to wonder what in the wide world of fuck Denver was thinking with that trade.

I've said it numerous times, but what annoys the F out of me, is how a number of people in social media and the sports world, thought Denver's offense was going to be better than Seattle's? The OL was the same PFF grade (with Brown granted), the receivers in Seattle are FAR superior, and if healthy Penny is just as good as the Broncos RB. And then with the trades..... WTF was Wilson profiting by, moving to Denver? Seattle wanted him the fuck out, let's just make the clear... Denver was the only team on his list. I firmly believe Seattle moved him, and they were looking to do it 3-4 years ago.
I truly think they couldn’t find an offer good enough last year because I think Russ was toxic in the 21 offseason. Pete/Schneider were done with him hence firing the OC (can’t spell his name)

For sure, but I was one of the people who was in the minority of saying the Oline wasn’t as terrible as Russ or PFF was saying. I think it is 3 olineman who went on to become pro bowlers once they left Russell and somehow he turned Duane Brown into an average LT. Unless both rookie tackles for the Hawks are HOF caliber guys, last years Hawks Oline is on par with this years Broncos Oline yet the Hawks is far superior this year and there is only 1 difference.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I truly think they couldn’t find an offer good enough last year because I think Russ was toxic in the 21 offseason. Pete/Schneider were done with him hence firing the OC (can’t spell his name)

For sure, but I was one of the people who was in the minority of saying the Oline wasn’t as terrible as Russ or PFF was saying. I think it is 3 olineman who went on to become pro bowlers once they left Russell and somehow he turned Duane Brown into an average LT. Unless both rookie tackles for the Hawks are HOF caliber guys, last years Hawks Oline is on par with this years Broncos Oline yet the Hawks is far superior this year and there is only 1 difference.

I mean I've said it so much, but when Duane Brown is visibly yelling at Russell Wilson on the field... and then just flat out had zero interest in resigning...

I mean....

1665196881954.png

1665196923539.png

Again I love what Wilson did for us, but at some point it went straight to Wilson's head.... and he just lost the locker room. I was still fully supportive of Wilson, but at some point this all blew up and it sounds like it was a while ago, and of course I'm not in the locker room... I don't know, but it's quite interesting.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean I've said it so much, but when Duane Brown is visibly yelling at Russell Wilson on the field... and then just flat out had zero interest in resigning...

I mean....

View attachment 310733

View attachment 310734

Again I love what Wilson did for us, but at some point it went straight to Wilson's head.... and he just lost the locker room. I was still fully supportive of Wilson, but at some point this all blew up and it sounds like it was a while ago, and of course I'm not in the locker room... I don't know, but it's quite interesting.
Super Bowl 49 is when Wilson lost the locker room because Marshawn was the most popular player on the team and Carroll chose Russell over Marshawn (regardless of it was the good call or not). The defense hated him from then on but Baldwin was his number 1 target but you could tell he didn’t like Wilson because he forced targets on Graham over him even though Graham was utterly a pointless player unless they were in the red zone.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Super Bowl 49 is when Wilson lost the locker room because Marshawn was the most popular player on the team and Carroll chose Russell over Marshawn (regardless of it was the good call or not). The defense hated him from then on but Baldwin was his number 1 target but you could tell he didn’t like Wilson because he forced targets on Graham over him even though Graham was utterly a pointless player unless they were in the red zone.
That's where I really wonder where the decision came down from Carroll vs. Wilson at this point and who he was going to pass to.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's where I really wonder where the decision came down from Carroll vs. Wilson at this point and who he was going to pass to.
The playcall came from upstairs, to Pete who sent it to Russell. He came up the line and didn’t check it so it is on him. The play got blown up but as we have seen from every Russell Wilson goal line formation he goes under center except in Super Bowl 49 and every time in Denver. Make a play sure, he made retarded blind throw in the Super Bowl and with Denver he makes the throw way late. He still can’t see the middle off the field, can only throw his great deep ball to one side of the field (which) seems to be the wrong side so far.

He isn’t a terrible QB, but nowhere nearly as good as he was touted and his weaknesses that all Seahawks fans have had since 2020 have gone national the past few weeks because he has been the national game 4 of 5.

Positive for the Broncos, since being the Hawks WB Russ has 8 weeks of playing HOF caliber but then the 8 complete trash. So hopefully (not really) the last 8 Russell turns into Russ of old where he plays elite QB level but haven’t seen anything that says he isn’t done as a QB. He always compares himself to Brady or Manning but realistically he is an autistic Drew Brees except Russ has terrible foot work and doesn’t go through progressions nearly as fast hence why the Hawks playbook what less complicated than a junior high school.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

I think it was a breaking point for the team but I think they soured on him especially the NFC Championship game before.

Wilson was lauded as the hero of that game for leading the comeback but it was really the defense and Lynch that should've gotten all the praise. Wilson had 4 INTs in that game and was 14-29 so the fact that the game wasn't a Packers blowout was only thanks to the Seahawks' defense keeping them in a position where Wilson could even lead a 4th quarter comeback in the first place.

The fact Wilson got any sort of praise after that game couldn't have sat well with the locker room especially the defense who probably felt they should've won that game comfortably and not needed the comeback in the first place.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As always, rooting for laundry. Plenty of Patriots fans are over TB12 too.