• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

We'll Be Trading Back

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we could be trading back. I don't have any evidence, I have just really been looking at Lamarcus Joyners season and see him as a great fit. He plays waaaayyyy bigger than his size. Tarell Brown was a starter for us at the same size. This guy is no joke, an absolute monster out there in the secondary.

Lock it up, we'll trade back or stay put for him.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think we could be trading back. I don't have any evidence, I have just really been looking at Lamarcus Joyners season and see him as a great fit. He plays waaaayyyy bigger than his size. Tarell Brown was a starter for us at the same size. This guy is no joke, an absolute monster out there in the secondary.

Lock it up, we'll trade back or stay put for him.

don't see us trading back from 30th and yes, don't have any evidence either. :-)

IMO it just wouldn't make sense to trade back, cause what would we get in return........another 1st rounder (2015)? next, we need quality, not quantity, we already have quantity.

we will try to trade up and if no takers, stay put.

Last edited by a moderator:

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We'll be trading up into the 2nd round twice... Evidence, salary cap.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see us trading up early to grab a quality guy we believe can start right away, and then trading back a few spots to grab future picks. Those future picks are what keep giving us the option to grab quality while keeping open the possibility of a reloading year.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last time I picked a correct first round choice was Willis....I give up! :L Good luck trying to figure out what the 9ers will do in the first round. My head hurts from the scratching.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The last time I picked a correct first round choice was Willis....I give up! :L Good luck trying to figure out what the 9ers will do in the first round. My head hurts from the scratching.

In recent memory, I've only gotten the Willis and Crabtree picks correct. It's a crap shoot for sure.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In recent memory, I've only gotten the Willis and Crabtree picks correct. It's a crap shoot for sure.

I agree its a crap shoot. If I had to guess I will say they move up in the 1st rd. Rams are in talks about trading the #2 pick. Wonder who that team is.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree its a crap shoot. If I had to guess I will say they move up in the 1st rd. Rams are in talks about trading the #2 pick. Wonder who that team is.
The only way this will land on the 9ers is a trade up from a team to the #2 and a trade from the Rams back to the 9ers for a closer pick IMO.

michaelwarner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The rumor is Tampa moving up for Watkins.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if anything we trade up early

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree, I think we will trade up, we don't need to trade back for more draft picks. We need a stud WR and CB

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way this will land on the 9ers is a trade up from a team to the #2 and a trade from the Rams back to the 9ers for a closer pick IMO.

Not saying it was us. Just wondering who that team is. Im thinking its Atlanta.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The only way we trade back is if we acquire picks for next year's draft ala 2nd round trade with the Titans last year.

I see us trading up and a pick or two being dealt for some draft currency next season. It's possible we do a Lattimore and Carradine and pick up talented but injured guys to red shirt a year.

The issue is it's simply not economical at all to draft 6 guys in the 1st 3 rounds let alone trade back and get more picks in this year's draft. I was reading Lattimore and Tank didn't incur a year on their contracts so that would mean we would have a whole lotta guys all needing to be paid at the same time if we drafted all our picks.

Odds are heavy we'll trade up just because the roster overall is rock solid and it needs talent and playmakers not depth and role players.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The only way we trade back is if we acquire picks for next year's draft ala 2nd round trade with the Titans last year.

I see us trading up and a pick or two being dealt for some draft currency next season. It's possible we do a Lattimore and Carradine and pick up talented but injured guys to red shirt a year.

The issue is it's simply not economical at all to draft 6 guys in the 1st 3 rounds let alone trade back and get more picks in this year's draft. I was reading Lattimore and Tank didn't incur a year on their contracts so that would mean we would have a whole lotta guys all needing to be paid at the same time if we drafted all our picks.

Odds are heavy we'll trade up just because the roster overall is rock solid and it needs talent and playmakers not depth and role players.

Tank accrued a year because he was put on the active roster for a few weeks. Lattimore did not.

Re: trading back, I agree it's unlikely. But if we did so I would expect multiple trades up with our picks in the second round on. Say we traded back from 30 to 36 and picked up an extra fourth-round pick (or perhaps a future pick?). We could package that 4th and the KC pick to move up to the mid-40s, and trade the Titans' 3rd round pick and our original 4th and 5th rounders to move back into late-second. That would give us four second-round picks, two third-round picks, and then a handful of seventh-round picks. That's not my preference, as I'd like to shoot for an impact player or two in this draft in addition to re-stocking the cupboard. But in a deep draft like this, we could come away with an awful lot of talent by doing something like that.

It's worth noting that late first-round picks are much more valuable than second-round picks under the new CBA, though. You get that fifth-year option for first rounders, which is pretty huge if a player really puts it together.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
up twice??!!

move the #56 up, then the 90th (or whatever it was)?

Well not "into" twice, but turn a late 2nd into an early 2nd and turn two of our 3rds into a 2nd.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Niners trade up for a CB especially with the Culliver situation.