• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Welcome to the Broncos, Head Coach Vance Joseph

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would guess the staff doesn't want to spend resources bringing up two newbies. Not enough 1 on 1 coaching guidance and reps to go around. Lynch has the higher ceiling so he makes the most sense to keep and work on. (not to mention the draft capital involved.)

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Siemian. I also want to see Trevor Lynch developed into a franchise quarterback if possible. They are both a cheap investment at the QB position. I would rather have both of them on the roster than dumping one and bringing in a veteran. IF Lynch can progress into the starting role, Siemian would be the perfect back up.
:agree:

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking probably a cheaper option. Brian Hoyer type QB they had starting experience but is better suited as a back up. Elway believes in Lynch like you wouldn't believe. He pounded the table like crazy to get this kid. He was very upset for the 2nd half of the season with the previous coaching staff and how they treated Lynch

Colin Kaepernick :D let the drama and angry posts ensue

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eli Manning wants to play for Denver.

Just kidding!

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly if they like Lynch then he needs to be the guy they spend time on and develop. I do like Trevor but Denver needs to settle on a QB and focus on just one over going back and forth with 2 different guys. That just hurts both guys instead of helping them.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CD, what do you think the reason is for not keeping Siemian, at least as a backup ??

Do they think they could get a draft pick for him, or, do they feel he isn't even suited to be a backup ??

Or would the distraction / morale / ego issue be an issue if they keep him ??

Well my guess is it has to do with locker room culture. There are some players in that locker room that do not want Lynch as the starter as long as Siemian is in the building. Kubiak went to quite a few players and told them to get behind Siemian and get the entire team behind him as the starter. Which makes sense for this past season but that could be a big problem for this season.

Something not many outside of that locker room realize is just how bad the divide got on the team. A huge reason the Broncos hired Vance Joseph is because they feel like he can do the better job of mending some of the hurt relationships in that locker room. That is also a big reason that Wade Phillips is not being brought back. From what I have been told he was part of the problem of that locker room being divided.

So yes for Lynch to be able to get the locker room behind him the team feels that Siemian most likely needs to be elsewhere and give Lynch a fair shot of winning teammates over.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colin Kaepernick :D let the drama and angry posts ensue

Oh boy can you imagine the media storm that would cause in Denver? That might be the Tim Tebow media frenzy X10

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of us are saying he is the next Bill Belichick but there is enough promise and football people out there saying this was/is a great hire for the Broncos. That is what gets me excited is when I hear so many past coaches/players/FO people saying this was a good move.

That doesn't mean he will turn out to be great but at this point I like so far what I have heard of him and of the staff that he is possibly bringing in. You are right we don't have much to go off of because he is a first time hire. Did you expect us all to be just doom and gloom though?
Just a heads up I was told today good chance Siemian is not on the roster next season. Conversations with the coaching candidates centered around developing Lynch not Siemian and then having a veteran backing him up.
Yeah who told you?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah who told you?
A writer I work with that I'm guessing heard it from Troy Renck since he works with the guy. He works with a couple other big Denver media people so could have come from them too

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A writer I work with that I'm guessing heard it from Troy Renck since he works with the guy. He works with a couple other big Denver media people so could have come from them too
So this is your basic " heard it from a guy who might of heard from a guy that could of heard it from a guy... I'm GUESSING" unsubstantiated TMZ reporting rumor .. Got ya :)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this is your basic " heard it from a guy who might of heard from a guy that could of heard it from a guy... I'm GUESSING" unsubstantiated TMZ reporting rumor .. Got ya :)
I guess if that is how you want to look at it. I mean Cecil Lamney, DMac, Mike Klis and others have all said it as well on the radio so not like what I said has no basis but yup keep thinking it is TMZ type gossip

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say whomever between the two of you ends up being right gets to bestow the avatar of their choice upon the one who is proven wrong.....:2cents:

Any takers?

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess if that is how you want to look at it. I mean Cecil Lamney, DMac, Mike Klis and others have all said it as well on the radio so not like what I said has no basis but yup keep thinking it is TMZ type gossip
? So you weren't" guessing " cause you already heard it from numerous radio sources beforehand. Ok then.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love this quote from Joseph, regarding what he wants from the offense, and having been on the defensive side of the planning:

"If an offense was conservative, I loved it because I can be the attacker, but if the offense was attacking, with multiple personnel groups and all types of formations, that is what I want them to look like. I want to score points. Points win. Obviously defense wins championships, but you have to score points. I want an offense with swagger and I want an offense that’s up-tempo and has a chance to score a lot of points.”

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
? So you weren't" guessing " cause you already heard it from numerous radio sources beforehand. Ok then.

What? Are you not reading what I am typing? I said that I have a person who has talked to people connected to the Broncos that believe Trevor Siemian will be traded before this next season. Then that information is confirmed all the more when I do hear others talking about it that are connected with the Broncos. This is how the business works. Usually you like to confirm your information with others before believing what you are hearing.

I'm sorry that your boy Siemian looks like he will be elsewhere. I appreciate all he did this year for the team.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love this quote from Joseph, regarding what he wants from the offense, and having been on the defensive side of the planning:

"If an offense was conservative, I loved it because I can be the attacker, but if the offense was attacking, with multiple personnel groups and all types of formations, that is what I want them to look like. I want to score points. Points win. Obviously defense wins championships, but you have to score points. I want an offense with swagger and I want an offense that’s up-tempo and has a chance to score a lot of points.”

I loved this too. Sometimes we see the defensive minded coaches lean towards the conservative side of things because they want to win the field position battle in the hopes of it helping out the defense. I look at the teams in the playoffs though and most of them are teams that just keep attacking over and over until the opposing team breaks. And I'm tired of these close games all the time. I want to see Von and company get the chance to pin their ears back and just go crazy getting after the QB.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved this too. Sometimes we see the defensive minded coaches lean towards the conservative side of things because they want to win the field position battle in the hopes of it helping out the defense. I look at the teams in the playoffs though and most of them are teams that just keep attacking over and over until the opposing team breaks. And I'm tired of these close games all the time. I want to see Von and company get the chance to pin their ears back and just go crazy getting after the QB.
Yeah I've been wishing that pretty much since Elway/TD days. Since then you could probably count on two hands how many times Denver had a big lead at the half and continued that in 2nd half. Just haven't had that luxury to many times with Denver for awhile. They have been very good at multiplying the number of grey hairs and heartburn I've accumulated though.