• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Welcome to the Broncos, Adam Trautman

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos get tight end Adam Trautman from the saints in exchange for their sixth round pick number 195. The Broncos also get pick 257 this year.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos getting taller under Paton

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was a big fan of Trautman coming out. He was drafted in a very weak TE class if you recall. Hasn't been what I thought he could be coming out from the small college of Dayton. A campus I was once at (side note)...

LIke this draft because we get a guy that Payton drafted, a guy I still think could turn out and be something and while we trade our 6th for him we didn't lose a pick in quantity as we got the 7th back. Happy to give Trautman a change and fresh start and very low cost to do so.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was a big fan of Trautman coming out. He was drafted in a very weak TE class if you recall. Hasn't been what I thought he could be coming out from the small college of Dayton. A campus I was once at (side note)...

LIke this draft because we get a guy that Payton drafted, a guy I still think could turn out and be something and while we trade our 6th for him we didn't lose a pick in quantity as we got the 7th back. Happy to give Trautman a change and fresh start and very low cost to do so.
I thought it was a great move - makes me wonder what the Broncos will do with Dulcich - who thinks blocking is some kind of chess move.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was a great move - makes me wonder what the Broncos will do with Dulcich - who thinks blocking is some kind of chess move.

We know he can be our REC TE at least. He adds value.... I just get the vibes Payton probably wouldn't have been asking Paton to draft him had he been here last year. I don't think he likes the Scheffler/Dulcich type TE's on his roster. Hopefully Dulcich gets him a little more excited after seeing him this year... We know he can catch the ball and get separation at least.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We know he can be our REC TE at least. He adds value.... I just get the vibes Payton probably wouldn't have been asking Paton to draft him had he been here last year. I don't think he likes the Scheffler/Dulcich type TE's on his roster. Hopefully Dulcich gets him a little more excited after seeing him this year... We know he can catch the ball and get separation at least.
I just get the feeling that Dulcich with be shipped out via a trade for 2024 picks - once TC gets some injuries stacking up at the TE position.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just get the feeling that Dulcich with be shipped out via a trade for 2024 picks - once TC gets some injuries stacking up at the TE position.

I feel that way about Albert O this year. Not that his value will be great but we will rid of him for a late round pick before the season start. Payton gives Dulcich a year to see how he fits in his offense, IMO.. I think Payton's issue is he wants his blocking TE like EVERY team has and he has that in Manhertz but he wants a rec TE that can block at a decent level and catch the ball well. He doesn't want that TE who can't block at all in which when he is in the game the defense knows they are passing the ball. Much like Scheffler when we had him. We tried to get him to block but it was so bad it was obvious what he was in the game to do. I just think that kind of TE really turns Payton off. His rec skills may be good enough for him to find a way but I think he will be irritated with it after awhile. I also feel like most TE's who can't block never really get much better at it. In other words for Dulcich to survive on Payton's team he better be one HELL of a rec TE or he better improve on his blocking.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel that way about Albert O this year. Not that his value will be great but we will rid of him for a late round pick before the season start. Payton gives Dulcich a year to see how he fits in his offense, IMO.. I think Payton's issue is he wants his blocking TE like EVERY team has and he has that in Manhertz but he wants a rec TE that can block at a decent level and catch the ball well. He doesn't want that TE who can't block at all in which when he is in the game the defense knows they are passing the ball. Much like Scheffler when we had him. We tried to get him to block but it was so bad it was obvious what he was in the game to do. I just think that kind of TE really turns Payton off. His rec skills may be good enough for him to find a way but I think he will be irritated with it after awhile. I also feel like most TE's who can't block never really get much better at it. In other words for Dulcich to survive on Payton's team he better be one HELL of a rec TE or he better improve on his blocking.
You might be right about that. Dulcich may really only have to prove he can block downfield after the catch or block on WR screens.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might be right about that. Dulcich may really only have to prove he can block downfield after the catch or block on WR screens.
This. If he can block as well as most wr's his catching ability and separation will keep him on the roster. I expect Albert to be highlighted in preseason and shipped off.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It might be that we still get a good usage out of a guy like Dulcich or Bonitto but to a lesser extend then what we drafted them for. Dulcich may very well become a limited, used the right way pass catching TE and Bonitto may just have to become a limited, pass rushing situation only EDGE in a rotation.

While I wasn't real excited about these guys coming out we can still get valuable usage out of them and use them how they are used best and not have to depend on them for the other things. That or maybe both will get better at their weaknesses.

I just know with a new coaching staff the patience is going to tighter on these guys but at the same time they may bring in their own set of tools where they just use these guys in the ways they are meant to be used for.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This. If he can block as well as most wr's his catching ability and separation will keep him on the roster. I expect Albert to be highlighted in preseason and shipped off.

Yeah, I mean Dulcich may be split out more often then he is brought in to block too. Sort of like how Evan Engram is being used in Jax now. He can still be used. He still adds some value. His snap count will suffer if he can't block but he did show he can catch and gain separation last year so I still have some excitement when thinking about him this year. I think we actually did that a lot with Scheffler after his first two years before we shipped him to Detroit.

Reactions: LGM

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you look at Payton's history with te's he's always incorporated them. Guys like Miller, Shockey always got around 40 catches. Graham/Watson were getting WR numbers before drafting Kamara and Thomas. But with 4 seriously talented wr's Id expect our TE's to hit that 40-50 reception area.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dulcich ain’t the greatest blocker but let’s remember folks, in Payton’s first season as head coach Jimmy Graham had the best season of his career and he seemed allergic to blocking at times. He was a pass catcher first and foremost and so if Dulcich’s role he will do just fine.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dulcich ain’t the greatest blocker but let’s remember folks, in Payton’s first season as head coach Jimmy Graham had the best season of his career and he seemed allergic to blocking at times. He was a pass catcher first and foremost and so if Dulcich’s role he will do just fine.

Yes, I did think about this too. Jimmy Graham.. However, Graham is on another level of pass catching TE's. If Dulcich can get there that would be great... But he is going to have to be a heck of a pass catcher to not be a good blocker otherwise his snap count is going to spiral down.

I think Payton can use him. I really do... I think he just needs to see him. He didn't seem too excited when asked about him.

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Graham was one of one weapons NO had at the time too.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Graham ended up traded at the top of his game - as I recall.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I mean Dulcich may be split out more often then he is brought in to block too. Sort of like how Evan Engram is being used in Jax now. He can still be used. He still adds some value. His snap count will suffer if he can't block but he did show he can catch and gain separation last year so I still have some excitement when thinking about him this year. I think we actually did that a lot with Scheffler after his first two years before we shipped him to Detroit.

I'm thinking if he's at his most effective when split out wide then it's better to put a WR in that spot. If a TE can't regularly line up tight and competently pass pro/run block then there isn't a reason to keep him on the field instead of a WR, unless your WR corps just isn't very deep with talent. Who are we going to have as WR3 on a regular basis? Would you rather have that guy on the field or Dulcich? Shannon Sharpe is an obvious example of a TE that you keep on the field over a WR3 but then Shannon Sharpe is in the Hall Of Fame, so...