• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Welcome to Denver Sean Payton

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lost his job to Mahomes at Texas Tech at some point as well. Hopefully he wants some revenge…

You must not have read the entire thread. ;)... It is ok I often do the same. Can't hate on you for it. ;)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This fellow is a @Draft Crazy relationship, but the Broncos hired him anyway.

Very excited about this. I know it isn't a major coaching job but it is a start for him.

As you know I have known Banjo for a long time and he is about as good of a person you can find on and off the field. Just an incredible person who is out worked by nobody.

Very cool for me to see him get his first shot on my favorite teams coaching staff. Sean Payton knows a good person and hard worker when he sees one.

Banjo carved out a 10 year NFL career as a very good special teams player and hard worker.

A guy who didn't get his first shot right after college due to a hip injury concern. Took him a year later to land a workout with the Jaguars which led to him being signed and then soon released to the Packers and the rest is history.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very excited about this. I know it isn't a major coaching job but it is a start for him.

As you know I have known Banjo for a long time and he is about as good of a person you can find on and off the field. Just an incredible person who is out worked by nobody.

Very cool for me to see him get his first shot on my favorite teams coaching staff. Sean Payton knows a good person and hard worker when he sees one.

Banjo carved out a 10 year NFL career as a very good special teams player and hard worker.

A guy who didn't get his first shot right after college due to a hip injury concern. Took him a year later to land a workout with the Jaguars which led to him being signed and then soon released to the Packers and the rest is history.
I'd say there is certainly an emphasis on Special Teams - with three coaches - I'ma like that a lot.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another note.

Chris Banjo played under Vance Joseph with the Cardinals and played under Sean Payton with the Saints.

They know how hard he works.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another note.

Chris Banjo played under Vance Joseph with the Cardinals and played under Sean Payton with the Saints.

They know how hard he works.
Hey Susanna! I come from Alabama with a banjo on my knee - does that count?

That's enough banjo talk to give @LGM a stiffy.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oe thing I like about Sean Payton is he could have taken the Cardinal's job and had lesser expectations for immediate success. Instead, he took the Broncos job in a tough division headed by Mahomes and the Chiefs. The man likes a challenge, and his confidence is admirable.

Payton's offensive coaches are mostly young enough they will be appendages to what he wants out of an offense. 3 Coaches for special teams shows a very healthy respect for that element of the game.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Susanna! I come from Alabama with a banjo on my knee - does that count?

That's enough banjo talk to give @LGM a stiffy.
Vance-Joseph.jpg

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oe thing I like about Sean Payton is he could have taken the Cardinal's job and had lesser expectations for immediate success. Instead, he took the Broncos job in a tough division headed by Mahomes and the Chiefs. The man likes a challenge, and his confidence is admirable.

Payton's offensive coaches are mostly young enough they will be appendages to what he wants out of an offense. 3 Coaches for special teams shows a very healthy respect for that element of the game.
I just hopes he builds us the right way and not follow the quick fix model of failure we enjoyed since SB50. Yes I'm being a Debbie Downer but, until I see results I'm proceeding with caution 8)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hopes he builds us the right way and not follow the quick fix model of failure we enjoyed since SB50. Yes I'm being a Debbie Downer but, until I see results I'm proceeding with caution 8)
I understand you've been hurt as a fan in the past. ;)

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This was actually one of VJ's better moments as HC. His "ok, got it whatever you say" look at the ref. Came in a 42-17 Whoopin' the Broncos put on the Cowboys.