• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: WEEK 8!!!!!!!!

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see Tua knock off the Rams. Not likely to happen but Flores will have the Phins ready and motivated.
Ravens/ Steelers always a good old fashioned slobberknocker. Should be fun.
Seahawks/ Niners big late game. Wilson is gonna have to be at his best to outscore San Fran. Our D has next to nothing and will make JimmyG even look good.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ravens/ Steelers always a good old fashioned slobberknocker. Should be fun.
Pouring rain in Baltimore today... Yea its going to be "one of those games".

AFCN Rivalry at its best. Ground & pound game favors the Steelers big time. But anything can happen, and the turnover margin is going to be crucial.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pouring rain in Baltimore today... Yea its going to be "one of those games".

AFCN Rivalry at its best. Ground & pound game favors the Steelers big time. But anything can happen, and the turnover margin is going to be crucial.
Yeah, I honestly like the Steelers in this one. Really solid run defense and I think likely prepped hard this week after winning in somewhat ugly, sloppy fashion last week. Gonna be a good game though, Almost always is when these two meet.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I honestly like the Steelers in this one. Really solid run defense and I think likely prepped hard this week after winning in somewhat ugly, sloppy fashion last week. Gonna be a good game though, Almost always is when these two meet.
Originally the game was heavily favored for BAL. Coming off bye, and Steelers coming off a brutal game against the Titans. But now with the rain I'm starting to think the Steelers will dominate this game.

But @Superbelt just pointed out to me that the Steelers are 25th worst in the league with fumbling the ball. Yikes

Whoever turns the ball over the least & wins the field position battle should win.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not nervous...

ElwKBJZX0AMGnHW

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll probably be a defensive game today. At least I'm not expecting anyone to score much more than 20pts on either side. But that's what AFCN football is all about.

LV & CLE game should be a high scoring affair. Is Cleveland getting any injury relief this week for their defense? Interested to see how Baker does without OBJ. Guessing they go run heavy. Maybe they start getting Njoku more involved? Higgins & Peoples-Jones will need to step up.
No injury relief on D. would be great to get a W, be 6-2 and have the bye to heal up. Think good chance they could have Chubb, Teller and Hooper coming out of bye. Maybe Phillips and Joseph (if he isn't back already).

sunny where I am now...not sure at stadium. Been hearing rain and maybe even snow could be a factor. If not, could see LV selling out on run to make Baker throw and beat him.

Our D scares me...need someone other than garrett/Ward to step up and probably need a couple game changing plays by Myles.

No clue what to expect in your game, but would guess steeler W. They are no joke.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No injury relief on D. would be great to get a W, be 6-2 and have the bye to heal up. Think good chance they could have Chubb, Teller and Hooper coming out of bye. Maybe Phillips and Joseph (if he isn't back already).

sunny where I am now...not sure at stadium. Been hearing rain and maybe even snow could be a factor. If not, could see LV selling out on run to make Baker throw and beat him.

Our D scares me...need someone other than garrett/Ward to step up and probably need a couple game changing plays by Myles.

No clue what to expect in your game, but would guess steeler W. They are no joke.
6-2 heading into the bye would be a big W for Cleveland. It's within reach, but they need a lot of hands in the pile today. Who do you think steps up on O in wake of OBJ's injury? Higgins seems like the likely candidate. Njoku & Peoples-Jones could elevate their stock today.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6-2 heading into the bye would be a big W for Cleveland. It's within reach, but they need a lot of hands in the pile today. Who do you think steps up on O in wake of OBJ's injury? Higgins seems like the likely candidate. Njoku & Peoples-Jones could elevate their stock today.
any of 3 you mention seem like good choices. Maybe Bryant/Hunt like last week?

By naming all of them guess that = who knows?

Philly/Houston at home out of bye. Obviously would love to get them all but I'd be more than pleased with 2 of 3.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
any of 3 you mention seem like good choices. Maybe Bryant/Hunt like last week?

By naming all of them guess that = who knows?

Philly/Houston at home out of bye. Obviously would love to get them all but I'd be more than pleased with 2 of 3.
Like you said, LV should sell out to stop the run. Baker needs to have a good game through the air to beat them, and to keep up with LV if the Browns D collapses again.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like you said, LV should sell out to stop the run. Baker needs to have a good game through the air to beat them, and to keep up with LV if the Browns D collapses again.
almost a given...cannot see Carr not able to take advantage of our D.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got inspired by @Wamu yesterday... Went out & bought a pound of jalapenos and 4 packages of bacon to make poppers today.

I'll probably make myself ill, but its going to be worth it.
That’s a hella lot of poppers... hope there are others involved, lol

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll probably be a defensive game today. At least I'm not expecting anyone to score much more than 20pts on either side. But that's what AFCN football is all about.

LV & CLE game should be a high scoring affair. Is Cleveland getting any injury relief this week for their defense? Interested to see how Baker does without OBJ. Guessing they go run heavy. Maybe they start getting Njoku more involved? Higgins & Peoples-Jones will need to step up.
It’s raining here.

Upinthe North

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got inspired by @Wamu yesterday... Went out & bought a pound of jalapenos and 4 packages of bacon to make poppers today.

I'll probably make myself ill, but its going to be worth it.
Sounds delicious to me.

Make sure you have a proton pump inhibitor pill or tums for the expected acid reflux you'll get after the meal.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s a hella lot of poppers... hope there are others involved, lol
Not at the moment. Wife & kids aren't fans of spicy foods. I've had to soak the peppers in sprite before to take the spice out and they still thought it was too spicy lol.

Most times I make enough that I bring a platter into work, or give them to my dad &/or brother. I'm the only one in the family that has a smoker, so they grovel for the food I make.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at the moment. Wife & kids aren't fans of spicy foods. I've had to soak the peppers in sprite before to take the spice out and they still thought it was too spicy lol.

Most times I make enough that I bring a platter into work, or give them to my dad &/or brother. I'm the only one in the family that has a smoker, so they grovel for the food I make.
I LOVE poppers and spicy as hell. Interesting tip re the sprite. Never heard that before. Perfect FB nosh!

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. I mentioned that in a post reply to Dr Strangelove above. Going to be a game of trench warfare.
Love when the weather plays a factor. Slop heaven.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I LOVE poppers and spicy as hell. Interesting tip re the sprite. Never heard that before. Perfect FB nosh!
Can't remember where I heard or found out about the Sprite trick. But yea it takes all the spice out. You're supposed to soak them overnight, but I only did like 5 or 6 hours when I tried it. I thought they were very weak spice compared to the normal ones I made. But my tolerance is too damn high to notice.