• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

week 5, pick 7

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New England
Philadelphia
Pittsburgh
Oakland
Tampa Bay
Minnesota
Indianapolis

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All good points. Honestly for me it will be about the Broncos offense vs. the Falcons defense. The Falcons offense will get some plays. I expect that. They are explosive in both the run and pass game and will be a match up nightmare at times. I also expect though the Broncos defense to make a few plays. So then it becomes how will the Falcons defense do against the Broncos offense? I don't get why more people are not talking about that match up. I talked to a Falcons fan today and they called the Broncos offense average at best. I guess that top-5 Scoring offense in the NFL might suggest just a little different. Teams can't just load the box up to stop the run like the Broncos have seen early in this season. They have tried to make the QB's prove they can go out and win on offense and well both of them have proven that so far. I honestly do expect a decent day for Anderson in this one. The run game has struggled a bit the last couple of weeks but I think injuries have been a big part of that and the Broncos get those players back this week.

Quinn is proving to be married to his scheme of just rushing 4 and whatever happens, happens. They may send more than 4 on occasion, but I think they like keeping 7 back. They played a very inspired game vs CAR last week...and they did get pressure on Cam (him getting knocked out of the game was partly on him imo)...if they play that way out there...I like their chances, but DEN has a better OFC scheme than CAR.

I think the DEN passing game has been well controlled yet unpredictable and they have been able to keep the down and distance manageable on 3rd down. I saw the CIN game in its entirety almost and was very impressed with that performance.

I think like you said...ATL OFC vs DEN DEF...neither team has faces an opponent as strong on that side of the ball.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NE @ CLE
PHI @ DET
HOU @ MIN
NYJ @ PIT
ATL @ DEN
SD @ OAK
TB @ CAR

poprocksncoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cards
Patriots
Titans
Falcons
Raiders
Packers
Panthers

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NE @ Cle
Hou @ Min
NYJ @ Pit
Was @ Bal
Atl @ Den
SD @ Oak
NYG @ GB

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NE @ Cle
Phi @ Det
Chi @ Ind
Hou @ Min
NYJ @ Pit
Atl @ Den
TB @ Car

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for shit's and giggles.....
NE @ Cle
Phi @ Det
Chi @ Ind
Ten @ Mia
Hou @ Min
NYJ @ Pit
Was @ Bal
Atl @ Den
Cin @ Dal
SD @ Oak
Buf @ LA
NYG @ GB
TB
@ Car[/QUOTE]

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the Broncos are 10-0 in the last 10 non-conference home games. So that home field advantage could make life very difficult on that Atlanta offense having to operate with that crowd noise and having to play at altitude. I'm actually surprised the Falcons are taking the risk of having Coleman come to the game since he has that sickle cell issue that really hurt the Steelers safety whose name escapes me right n ow.

Kind of a strange occurrence CD...DEN OL played probably their worst game of the season, and the ATL DL/front 7, definitely played their best game so it's really hard to judge either one with too much conviction.

What I expected...I thought Ryan and the OFC would move the ball. With 12 targets to the RB/FB it was clear that Shanny was attacking the LBs in coverage more than the outstanding coverage secondary. He missed a few open guys, but Matt played okay. The final tally was within my expectations.

What I didn't expect...the ATL run DEF to be that effective...starting 2 reserve LBs and S as the 3 linebacker really had me thinking DEN would run it for 150+. Granted the avg per carry was pretty good for DEN, but when ATL went up 20-3 that took the running game out of the mix inthe 2nd half. Vic Beasley to record 3+ sacks...the bust whispers were already starting for the kid. I understand #74 has a terrible game, but Beasley has shown nothing more than a speed rush to this point.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If my count is right 5-2 again for me.

Looks like DET threw a wrench into most of our picks...CIN looked really flat on both sides of the ball, but their run DEF was really subpar for them.