• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 4: (2-1) Bears vs (2-1) Vikings

PickleRick

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d get it in a game that is something like 49-31, but when your pitching a shut out, let your defense fuck up before going into prevent. So fucking stupid.
Absolutely. There is no reason that it becomes the auto default. That can actually lose you the game. The Bears defense owned the fuck out of us all game long. Why? Why? Why? Would you ever allow them to gain momentum? I agree 100% with madden on the prevent.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins is the worst qb in football against good competition. He is a stat padding, fumbling, trash reading POS.

Vikings bro needs Bear hug.

I provide. We’ve been there with QBs.

Hang in there.

PickleRick

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well earned win Bears. Should have been a shut out.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vikings bro needs Bear hug.

I provide. We’ve been there with QBs.

Hang in there.

We're still there...

... Sorry to say

PickleRick

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst starting qb in the nfl. Of course we will not admit we fucked up. We will simply squander the season away.

PickleRick

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teddy was our qb. Sad that we get to waych him be a good qb for another team because his god damn leg exploded for no reason during preseason workouts. This led to signing Kirk the worthless trash ass Cousins. I think its time ro accept that the vikings are cursed.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teddy was our qb. Sad that we get to waych him be a good qb for another team because his god damn leg exploded for no reason during preseason workouts. This led to signing Kirk the worthless trash ass Cousins. I think its time ro accept that the vikings are cursed.

That fact was cinched when Anderson missed the NFCC Game FG....

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoever decided to go into prevent needs to be fired NOW. Such stupidity...

Ill never understand why its a given that you go prevent in situations like that.

First... Teams go into prevent because they have to. Fans seem to think it's some choice. Like a preference or something. Put simply, it's how you best defend the personnel on the field.

A) If you don't bring in the dime against a spread out offense with 5 WR's running intermediate to deep routes. You are going to get fucking burned when Nick Kwiatkosi is trying to run 25 yards down the field with a WR. Playing press coverage with your base defense would be mentally retarded.

B) The prevent did its job today. I don't think fans get this either. The MAIN point of the prevent is that you are conceding yardage in exchange for game clock. So, if they do score, it takes up too much game clock to matter. Which is what happened.

Fans hate it because it does things like concede a shutout. However, Pagano did the right thing and what any NFL DC worth his salt would have done. Shutouts are nice to hang your hat on. However, it's not worth risking a game over. A quick strike with 5-6 minutes left in that game and Minnesota is back in it.

Teams haven't been trotting out the shell for decades because it fails. It's the other way around. As demonstrated today, it serves its purpose well. This was a successful demonstration of why you SHOULD use the prevent defense up multiple scores late in a football game.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bridgewater has not looked remotely good. FWIW

They have one offensive touchdown since he took over.

beareezyfaneezy

eezy livin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yesterday was a fun one. I was very worried with all of those who were out, and even more so once Mitch went down. The depth on this team is very impressive and it definitely showed yesterday. I think Chase can man the ship for a couple of weeks and hopefully Mitch can come back after the bye week. Scoring first was huge and then the strip-sack right out of the gate to start the second half really demoralized the Vikings. Maybe next time their coach will keep his mouth shut about playing at Soldier Field.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chase's team now. Take seat, Mitch