• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 3: Seahawks vs Titans

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK Pete repeatedly talks about establishing the run game. Unlike you I don't feel that means one and done.

Well Pete certainly wants to establish the run game. But the offense can't seem to get out of its way while trying to establish it.

When it plays an up tempo game, which includes running the ball, it looks vastly better.

It's not so much about running or passing as much as how many plays they want to run in a game. The team's philosophy has been to keep the number of plays and drives to a minimum. Unless they can get their offense more in sync with that style, I don't see how we can play that way.

droider

Human NFL Almanac and College Football Insider
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bennett, Graham, and Sherman all need to go. All massively overpaid, under performing, and just horrible to watch. Bennett's and Sherman's big mouths are annoying as hell too.

pittpnthrs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at our next 5 games.

Indy
@Rams
@Giants
Houston
Redskins
Cardinals

Which of these games will we be NOT favored in?

Now part of my faith is based on my belief that PC will adapt and change the offense to an up tempo that suits it better. If that doesn't happen then I don't think we are anything more than a 1 and done in the playoffs. But PC is a good coach and will adjust, IMO.

All but the Colts have formidable front lines. It'll be a miracle if Russ survives that stretch. This team is more likely to lose 5 of those games than to win them at this point. Oh, and I have absolutely no faith that Carroll will adapt and change the offense. Stay the course and steady sailing straight ahead.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All but the Colts have formidable front lines. It'll be a miracle if Russ survives that stretch. This team is more likely to lose 5 of those games than to win them at this point. Oh, and I have absolutely no faith that Carroll will adapt and change the offense. Stay the course and steady sailing straight ahead.

Wow. You guys turn on this team quickly.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Titans have a pretty good team, and it's tough to win on the road in the NFL. It's possible that our 2 toughest road games are already behind us.

The D was clearly used up in the 2nd half. They own most of that, but offense's inability to do much of anything in the first half is partly to blame as well. Look at the 3 games so far -- the D has been superb in all 3 first halves and then took a dip in all 3 second halves. This game was the worst drop off by far, but first half points given up = 15 compared to 44 in the 2nd half. They lost their composure (esp Sherm) yesterday and had mental lapses. If it was the heat, then the good news is the temps are only going to get lower from here on out. If it was because they're "old" then we may have problems.

Although it took nearly the whole first half to kick in, at least the O showed signs of life. Pass protection was improved but still issues blocking on run plays. Aboushi seemed to be a step up over Glowinski. For their next trick, putting a good first half together to help the D stay fresh would be a welcomed sight.

All is not lost here. Thought we would come out on the short side of the scoreboard in this game, but I still think this team gets it together and has a really good season.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bennett, Graham, and Sherman all need to go. All massively overpaid, under performing, and just horrible to watch. Bennett's and Sherman's big mouths are annoying as hell too.

Disagree with Sherman but Bennett has looked like a shell of his former self... He was absolutely owned yesterday, which is probably part of the reason he wanted to pick a fight at the end of the game... I'm sure the OL of the titans was taking jabs at him because of the fact that they dominated him and our DL for most of the game...

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree with Sherman but Bennett has looked like a shell of his former self... He was absolutely owned yesterday, which is probably part of the reason he wanted to pick a fight at the end of the game... I'm sure the OL of the titans was taking jabs at him because of the fact that they dominated him and our DL for most of the game...

He is a horrible loser, and yet again looked and acted like a child in defeat yesterday. As I watched him act that way it was flat out embarrassing. I'm a big fan of Bennett, but the dude (along with Sherm) needs to grow the hell up.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a horrible loser, and yet again looked and acted like a child in defeat yesterday. As I watched him act that way it was flat out embarrassing. I'm a big fan of Bennett, but the dude (along with Sherm) needs to grow the hell up.

i told you guys about Bennett Last season so you can imagine my relief that others are starting to see it now. The Hawks should NOT have paid him, that was money NOT well spent. He has trade value and i believe the smart move is well to move him. Just My 2 cents that no one asked for but when you hand out 2 cents no one really asked for it am i right? lol

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not worried about Bennett, he'll be fine. Titans OL was just that good, not a lot teams got that kind of quality OL.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i told you guys about Bennett Last season so you can imagine my relief that others are starting to see it now. The Hawks should NOT have paid him, that was money NOT well spent. He has trade value and i believe the smart move is well to move him. Just My 2 cents that no one asked for but when you hand out 2 cents no one really asked for it am i right? lol

Trade someone we just gave a lot of money too? What team would trade for him with a big contract that he's underperforming so far under?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade someone we just gave a lot of money too? What team would trade for him with a big contract that he's underperforming so far under?

People still talk about Bennett as one of the best in the game ( Laughable ) take advantage of that oversight. :P

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one thing we forgot to mention was the 12's at the game. They were as loud as the Titans fans lol. Love to see the 12's EVERYWHERE!

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although it took nearly the whole first half to kick in, at least the O showed signs of life.

you been sleeping through the past 6 years? this is what they do ALL THE TIME. this is nothing new.

play like ass for an entire half, then only "show signs of life" when they absolutely have no other choice.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you been sleeping through the past 6 years? this is what they do ALL THE TIME. this is nothing new.

play like ass for an entire half, then only "show signs of life" when they absolutely have no other choice.

It's been so frustrating watching this team struggle so much for the past 6 years.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been so frustrating watching this team struggle so much for the past 6 years.

I wish the Mariners had/have struggled as much as the Hawks have over the past 6 years!