• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 3: Bears (2-0) at Atlanta (0-2)

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure as hell hate to agree with that last sentence, but I'm afraid I have to do so. We all wanted Mitch to succeed. BTW, I'm not ready to completely write off the kid, even if he ends his career with the Bears after this season. He could very well be one of those types of QBs who needs a number of years riding pine studying the opposing defenses and watching how a steady, consistent QB operates. The NFL is historically loaded with QBs over time who have had to put in X number of years holding a clipboard before finally being able to showcase their talents. Mitch could be one of those.
Glad we agree on the one statement. However, I cannot think of one QB who was one of the worst starting QB's in football as late as year #4. Who went and backed up for years. Before suddenly becoming successful in their late 20's or early 30's. That's a bizarre trajectory that you just don't see.

Ryan Tannehill is like the only one who MIGHT fit that (who knows how this contract turns out). He also was never as bad as Mitch. Not exactly fantastic company, regardless. In quantity or quality.

There's this weird thing where some Bears fans still talk about Mitch like he's this developing, young QB. I find that so weird. He's a 26 year old, 4th year starter. The whole "maybe one day" thing is over. I mean, this is his prime. This is it.