• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 2- Thursday Night- Broncos @ Cheifs

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@iknowftbll I haven't been over to Arrowheadaddict or any of those yet. I'll have to check those out tomorrow and see what they are saying. I did read at Milehighreport though where some had gone and read the comments and they said some of the Chiefs fans think that they end Manning's career. Real class coming from some of those people.

You are right this game means probably more to them than it does to us. Losing a home game against a divisional opponent is a huge blow to the team. Essentially gives us a 2 game lead in the division with a home game against them still remaining. It puts a lot of pressure on them moving forward as falling behind early with 2 games after this one on the road against Cincinnati and Green Bay does not bode well for them.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ I've seen a few of those comments, CD. It is going to be a very very good feeling to see the Broncos go into KC and win that one.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and both AA and AP have big stories on how the Chiefs are favored. That's how sad it is for them: being favored in the home opener is news worthy.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CJ Anderson did not practice today. Peyton Manning is on the injured list as well for his back but was a full participant today.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel good about the Broncos chances and I'm looking forward to watching the game. It is so nice not to have to play in KC in the freezing winter.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keys on defense will be stopping Kelce and limiting YAC. With that done, I'm convinced the defense can smother the Chiefs offense.

Offensively, establish the run, and protect against Hali and Houston. OL was one of the reasons Manning was missing. Many of those misses were caused by pressure. We play better in KC, Manning should follow.

That said, I'm convinced that CD's comment about the record dooms us to an ugly loss in Arrowhead :eek::L

:D

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keys on defense will be stopping Kelce and limiting YAC. With that done, I'm convinced the defense can smother the Chiefs offense.

Offensively, establish the run, and protect against Hali and Houston. OL was one of the reasons Manning was missing. Many of those misses were caused by pressure. We play better in KC, Manning should follow.

That said, I'm convinced that CD's comment about the record dooms us to an ugly loss in Arrowhead :eek::L

:D

Dang it I knew I shouldn't have said anything. Just got too excited. I agree limiting Kelce will be a big part of what we have to do. I actually worry more about him than I do Charles for this game as TE's have been our Achilles for many years. Maclin doesn't worry me one bit. Either side that he plays he is going against a Pro Bowl Corner so I think he will be limited in any kind of impact he can make on the game.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's crazy to think we have just one day inbetween now and the day we play again.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some injury updates...Manning was joking around with the media about him being on the injury report. Started diagnosing some of the reporters with random injuries as well.

Brandon Marshall said that the screw in his foot broke during preseason but that he will be able to play with it. He will have pain from it though. Man we need that kid to stay healthy or at least as healthy as he is right now.

CJ Anderson said he WILL start on Thursday. He might not practice a whole lot to give his foot some rest but he will play.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am really looking forward to the game. The Broncos played week one with enthusiasm - even on offense - Kubaik has made playing football fun again for these players.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some injury updates...Manning was joking around with the media about him being on the injury report. Started diagnosing some of the reporters with random injuries as well.

Brandon Marshall said that the screw in his foot broke during preseason but that he will be able to play with it. He will have pain from it though. Man we need that kid to stay healthy or at least as healthy as he is right now.

CJ Anderson said he WILL start on Thursday. He might not practice a whole lot to give his foot some rest but he will play.

CD - what is your vantage point for all this Bronco news? Yesterday you saw Marshall with a boot on (I think it was Marshall) - do you have a live feed from Dove Valley?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team also added TJ Ward officially to the team after his suspension with Curtis Marsh getting cut.

Manning has only had 2 times in his career where the offense did not score a touchdown but the team still found a way to win. Both of those times he followed it up with the offense scoring 33 or more points. Hopefully we see that trend continue.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CD - what is your vantage point for all this Bronco news? Yesterday you saw Marshall with a boot on (I think it was Marshall) - do you have a live feed from Dove Valley?

I have my sources. J/K sort of. Mostly I just follow a ton of Bronco inside guys on Twitter. I also interact with quite a few of them to get a little more info and some of them are willing to give a little more if you dig.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have my sources. J/K sort of. Mostly I just follow a ton of Bronco inside guys on Twitter. I also interact with quite a few of them to get a little more info and some of them are willing to give a little more if you dig.

I'm very much enjoying your posts for both information and insight. Thanks

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm very much enjoying your posts for both information and insight. Thanks

No problem! Glad people enjoy them. Wouldn't be as fun to post if nobody actually cared what you have to say. I'm enjoying all the new posters adding quite a bit to the conversation. Always nice to get a fresh perspective even if it is one that disagrees with me and is wrong :suds:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anybody cares to read a long write up there is a good one at Milehighreport where a guy went through and watched every Manning pass and even had a stop watch to see how long he had to throw, whether there was a blitz, and how accurate he was.

Essentially Baltimore spent most of the game blitzing. When they didn't our OL held up really well and Manning was highly accurate. When they blitzed they for the most part were getting to Manning in under 2.5 seconds with quite a few of the plays having a guy come unblocked at Manning.

Now obviously he still missed a few throws he should have made but I do honestly think if we get the OL cleaned up Manning looks much better. Again I am one that is still holding onto the idea that Manning is still a very capable QB in this league.

Anyway here is the article...

Film Study: Is Peyton Washed Up?

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's the way I see it ... sure Manning might need to hang them up but lets get the OL going then we will see .. that's all ..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Malik Jackson who was thought to have sustained a concussion was cleared on Monday and is now probable for the game on Sunday. Jackson said himself that he is playing. The same goes for Darian Stewart and David Bruton in both are expected to play even with suffering injuries on the final 2 plays of the game with one hurting his groin and the other hurting his hip.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
took from a poster there in the bottom and so true .

the FASTEST QB to throw a pass in the league is Tom Brady at 2.49 secs. With Manning at 2.51 secs.
The QB with the MOST amount of time to throw the ball is Russel Wilson at 3.14 secs.

Next time to sack. This is the avg time that a QB will be sacked if he still has the ball.
The person with the worst coverage is Kevin Kolb who was getting sacked after 2.34 secs. That’s the LOWEST.

Russel Wilson on the other hand has 4.05 secs before he takes a sack (longest in the league)

Peyton Manning is near the very bottom at 2.5 secs…. That’s almost exactly the same as his time to pass. Hmm

Now, lets look at these results from this last game.
Pressure or sack after: 1.4, 1.6, 1.8. 2.4 secs

not every entry has the time to pass on it, but it’s no surprise that he’s missing throws if he doesn’t even have a full 2 secs to throw the dang ball. It’s just crazy talk.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and both AA and AP have big stories on how the Chiefs are favored. That's how sad it is for them: being favored in the home opener is news worthy.

iknowftbll you would be proud of me. I have been arguing with one of the writers from AA this morning. He said he went back and watched the game against Baltimore and said that if it wasn't for the pass rush our safeties would have been terrible in the game. I have coaches view of the game and went back and watched every play the safeties were in and saw one bad miscommunication play where they didn't switch on a crossing route. He can't find any. He just is going by what he hopes more so than any kind of decent analysis. He told me as a writer he tries to leave his bias at the door but everything he wrote about the Broncos was how terrible they are and how much greater the Chiefs are. Hmmm 4 time defending division champion with something like 10 or 11 Pro Bowlers on the team. Yeah not sure you are keeping your bias out of the picture if you are saying the Chiefs are far beyond in talent level.