• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 2- Thursday Night- Broncos @ Cheifs

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought it might be easier on Geo when doing the score thread to have a separate thread for discussion.

Thursday night, dreaded Thursday night road game.

We need to overcome the odds of a short week on the road and win this thing. I don't care if we win 3-0 just getting out of KC with a win is impressive.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought it might be easier on Geo when doing the score thread to have a separate thread for discussion.

Thursday night, dreaded Thursday night road game.

We need to overcome the odds of a short week on the road and win this thing. I don't care if we win 3-0 just getting out of KC with a win is impressive.

Yeah this one to me will be another that if we win will be a win ugly type game. I think people need to hit the breaks on the panic button for the offense. The OL had their very first actual game action snap the first offensive play of the game. IT is going to take some time for that to all work. Throw in the run game just wasn't working so it made it much easier for the Ravens to tee off on Manning. In fact our average 3rd down play was 8.9 yards per 3rd down. Defenses love to feast on those moments. We get the run game going and next thing you know Manning gets going too. I don't think that will be this game though. The run game should be better as the Ravens were a top-3 run defense last year where the Chiefs finished 30th last year in yards per carry giving up 4.7 yards. Low and behold game 1 of this year the Chiefs once again gave up 4.7 yards per carry to the Texans. So again the opportunities to get the run game going should be a little more in this one.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got leave the field bloody with a win!

Gotta stop Justin Houston and company and run the ball well.

Gotta overcome the thursday night road game.

I am scuuuuuured! But we can overcome it, good teams find ways to win games and it's week 2 so not going to be in panic mode if it doesn't go well. Although during the game it's hard to promise that then after. :)

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston rushed for 98 yards on the Chiefs yesterday. If the Broncos can get into the 125 yards or more category and Peyton is 20% more accurate, our offense should be able to score some points. The biggest X factor in this game for me is the short week, some players are banged up and Arrowhead is a very challenging place to play. This is also the Chiefs home opener, they're coming off a big win, it's a nationally televised game, they want to beat the Broncos badly and it will be the first time the fans can welcome back a "cancer-free" Eric Berry. The cards are all stacked against us. Gotta grind out at least 100 yards on the ground and hope that our defense can replicate their aggressiveness from yesterday. Tough test early in the season, to say the least! Go Broncos!

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's a Cheif?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is what happens when you start to write Chefs then think better because you think you might lose and don't want it to bite you in the rear end so you add an S and go back to add the I but don't switch the E and I around. :)

That is what a Cheif is.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kubiak just updated the media on injuries from the game. For once the injury report looks good. Malik Jackson who was said to have concussion like symptoms by the broadcast crew did in fact not have a concussion and should be good to go for the game. That is huge news considering we are already down Wolfe and Anunike will not be a go quite yet.

The X-Rays for DT came back negative on his hand so again good news.

CJ Anderson is said to be fine too. His toe will hurt like crazy but he should be good.

Bruton and Bolden both are going to be able to play on Thursday as well.

So all around the team is a bit banged up but guys should all be able to play. Right now looks like Anunike is the only guy out with injury.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Kubes officially rule out Anunike? I thought he was getting very close to being game ready.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Kubes officially rule out Anunike? I thought he was getting very close to being game ready.

I think it was Anunike last week who said he wouldn't be ready by Thursday. He said he is getting close but figured he would miss these first couple of games.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotcha. I'm really anxious to see if Anunike can be a contributor on this defense. Looked good in preseason but mostly up against 2nd and 3rd teamers. We're gonna need depth on Thursday if we hope to escape with a win. Sounds like pretty good news on all the other injury fronts, plus we'll have Ward back. I gotta believe that there's a whole lot of "sore" going around at Dove Valley today after that slugfest yesterday.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotcha. I'm really anxious to see if Anunike can be a contributor on this defense. Looked good in preseason but mostly up against 2nd and 3rd teamers. We're gonna need depth on Thursday if we hope to escape with a win. Sounds like pretty good news on all the other injury fronts, plus we'll have Ward back. I gotta believe that there's a whole lot of "sore" going around at Dove Valley today after that slugfest yesterday.

Yeah would love to have him back. I do think Anunike is not just a product of dominating lower competition. Heck Shaq Barrett and Shane Ray both graded out positively when they came in for Ware and Miller. IN the past there was no way we could take those two guys out at the same time without seeing our defense struggle mightily. Yesterday while the pressure wasn't quite the same they still provided pressure. The depth at Linebacker this season is ridiculous. The DL when Anunike and Wolfe are back should be just as deep. The Corner depth looks great too. Safety is the one position I question a little but Bruton showed really well in my opinion yesterday.

Honestly I think if we can survive on Thursday and get out of KC with a win this team can really get on a role. Detroit won't be easy but with 10 days to heal up and be ready I think they can go in and get a nice win.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also forgot to mention this but Kubiak has changed up what the team is doing this week to prepare for the game. Because of the guys being dinged up after that physical game he is moving practices to the evening for this week. He is hoping the guys with getting to sleep in a bit will be a little more healed up and ready for the game. Plus evening practices help to prepare the body to be ready when the game is actually to be played.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DT- Hand is fine
CJ Anderson- Foot will practice
Malik Jackson- Going through concussion protocol.

According to Kubes.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DT- Hand is fine
CJ Anderson- Foot will practice
Malik Jackson- Going through concussion protocol.

According to Kubes.

From what I read they cleared Jackson of Concussion but were running further tests.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are my points:

1) Peyton Manning started the 2012 season the same pathetic way - and the same criticisms were thrown at him. He needs to find his rhythm with this offense.

2) It is actually a game plan plus that Ravens were successful in stopping the offense - the Broncos get to game plan the fixes for a couple of days rather than 20 minutes of half time. There will be plays that work against what the Ravens did on defense - and we will see them. I expect more from the TEs and the FB - and more of the run game.

3) Draft Crazy will eventually learn how to spell Chiefs -but not by Thursday.

4) Personally, I can't wait to watch this defense again. For those of you who remember the Orange Crush - these Broncos are much better, but in game 1 showed the same passion for pursuit and gang tackling as the original Orange Crush.

5) McManus will continue to show he was worth the 7th rounder the Broncos used to get him the 1st time.

6) Manning will hit at least one long pass play - probably to Norwood.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good thoughts Mingo. I honestly think the Broncos offense should have more success (although could they really have worse than what we saw...I guess they could have a game like the Ravens had). We are going against one of the worst run defenses in the league from last year. Yes they have some guys back that they didn't have last year but this is one area that Houston did have some success against that Chiefs defense in running the ball. I look for the Broncos to establish the run in this one and try to have some of those 10 minute type drives again. Plus then that is less opportunities for Manning to get hit.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was watching esp or nil network program and they were addressing CJ Anderson and his less than good performance and they talked about how on 9 of 11 carries, CJ 's first contact by Raven D line was behind line of scrimmage. Saw that myself to many times. The O line needs to get more push,etc going forward if CJ is going to be able to get going and be effective.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the oddsmakers have the Chiefs as an early 3 point favorite. McManus should make that a wash, so it's a pick 'em game! Go Broncos!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So was listening to Bronco radio and they were talking about how they spoke to Owen Daniels about the offensive struggles and he said pretty much Bronco fans need to relax. Part of the problem right now is that the Broncos decided instead of learning more of the playbook as the season goes on which many teams do that are learning a new offense they decided to put the whole playbook to work and so some of it is players are still working to get the whole playbook down. He said that when you throw in the OL is starting so many new pieces and have only been working together essentially for 2 weeks with Mathis being eased in for the first week. He said also that with Sanders hurt and Thomas holding out they just haven't had the reps that they have had in the past to really work on this offense. So yes when Manning says this is a work in progress it definitely holds true. They are pushing the whole playbook though because they want to be able to really have teams worried by December of all the things this offense can do. Right now I want to give this offense a few more weeks before I really say we are screwed and Manning is done.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos have tied the NFL record for most road wins in a row against divisional opponents at 12. One more breaks the all-time NFL record.