• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 2- Thursday Night- Broncos @ Cheifs

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get the Lions in Detroit on Sunday night football next week.

Almost makes me hope the Lions win this week so we aren't playing a talented 0-2 team on the road next week.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense with pressure all game and creating big time turnovers does take pressure off the offense which is needed so far this year. Ware looks like he is 10 years younger I only wonder if he will be playing this well at the end of the year. T.J. Ward looked out of position a few times and a little slow but was his first game of the year and expect him to get better. How about those special teams compared to what we saw in preseason? McManus has been money from long range. For the offense Manning has to hit some of these deep throws that he is just missing. The o line right now is a mess but with a long week now hopefully they can get it together. C.J. Anderson just doesn't look healthy so this time off will help because Denver must have a running game going into the playoffs. The offense as well looked better in the shotgun but Manning will have to get better under center so PA can be used more often. Manning has to work on his passes and setting his feet on bootlegs as well. Any time you can get a big win on the road on a short week in K.C. and still have many issues that need to be cleaned up just shows how this teams attitude is nothing like it was under Fox, J.D.R. and Gase. Go Broncos!!!

Yeah Cd he certainly doesn`t. I heard before game they said he had "metal" plate in his shoe to help protect his toe. Sounds kinda dangerous to me and might very well have affected his performance as well. He didn`t look right that`s for sure. I was hoping they would give Thompson some carries and just take CJ out and let him heal.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Asked Kayvon Webster how he was doing today not sure anyone noticed but he left the game late.
He said

Doing ok, little ankle bang should be back soon.

I took that as he might miss some time.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks DC - I did hear he was on the injured list.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DC, you should find out what was said in the locker room after the game. Heard Manning and Marsh gave speeches; I've love to be a fly on that wall.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to but that might be a bit hard for one of them to explain. :)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DC, you should find out what was said in the locker room after the game. Heard Manning and Marsh gave speeches; I've love to be a fly on that wall.

You can see both one sentence speeches over at Broncos.com They got game balls and made very short speeches - (Like Manning said - "We Fing won.")

When Manning got the game ball the players started chanting "speech - Papa John - speech!"

John Elway also - had a speech - he gave Kubiak a game ball.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and then Wade Phillips did the nae nae and they called it a night.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver's defense is allowing a 3rd down conversion rate of 10% after 2 games.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, CD, here's what your good buddy Matt V had to say:

In some ways, that says Kansas City is a far superior team to the Broncos. Unfortunately, a litany of mistakes hides that fact.

His reasoning is despite all their mistakes the game was a dogfight. I get it. It's the typical "they didn't beat us, we beat ourselves." You should read the story about Wade Phillips and the intel he shared with the defense on JC's carrying loose. The Broncos D outplayed the Chiefs O. The Chiefs D played good enough to win most games, but when it counted, the Broncos O for the second straight week would not be stopped.

The full AA article link:

The Chiefs must hold the line

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One way the Chiefs are better than the Broncos is they have the better Colquitt brother booming punts for them.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am definitely enjoying the defense Denver is showing the first two games of the season. They are rocking it, and if our offense settles in this could be the team I've been waiting years for : a buzz saw.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, CD, here's what your good buddy Matt V had to say:

His reasoning is despite all their mistakes the game was a dogfight. I get it. It's the typical "they didn't beat us, we beat ourselves." You should read the story about Wade Phillips and the intel he shared with the defense on JC's carrying loose. The Broncos D outplayed the Chiefs O. The Chiefs D played good enough to win most games, but when it counted, the Broncos O for the second straight week would not be stopped.

The full AA article link:

The Chiefs must hold the line

Haha I was reading all he was posting on twitter last night and essentially he just kept saying "it's just a game I'm not mad." He wrote this huge article not too long ago about how football and being a Chiefs fan is more than just a game to him. I understand they are just trying to mask some of the pain that this game caused. All of KC was going nuts over this game. They needed this win badly with the Royals falling apart here at the end of the year and just being plain tired of being the little brother when it comes to the Broncos/Chiefs rivalry.

He does a great job of leaving out the fact that the Broncos made plenty of mistakes in this one too. Manning threw a pick six again. Take that away and Manning has a game winning drive not a game tying drive. Then you throw in that first touchdown for the Chiefs happens because of a personal foul by Miller. If I remember right that was a 3rd down play that the Chiefs jumped off sides so they were getting backed up more to then have Miller hit Smith. With how 3rd downs were going I doubt the Chiefs convert and right there that would mean Chiefs have 0 points in the 1st half without those 2 huge plays from the Broncos. So they spotted them 14 points in this one.

Anyway I haven't gotten a chance to listen in on Chiefs radio but I have been listening to Bronco radio and I'm guessing the players are just as hyped up as the fans right now as man Denver is alive after that game. There is just something special about this team. Even when it looks like they are out they seem to find a way. In 2013 and 2014 this team doesn't come back from 14 down in such a hostile environment. These are the type of games that prepare you for December and January and hopefully February.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh iknowftbll one last comment about Matt V. He told me he thought the Chiefs OL could handle the Broncos pass rush no problem. He kept saying look at the Texans as they are supposed to have a great Front-7 and we handled them with very little problem. I said well Ravens fans were bragging about their OL before playing us as well about how they were a top OL last year and look what we did to them. I'm thinking about writing him asking how that Chiefs OL looked? He'll probably come back with something like "Charles had a big game running against it so I think they did fine." He is probably my favorite writer to pick on

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I just finally made it home so if you couldn't tell with all my posting I have been itching to get
on this board all day. Anyway just some fun facts for the day...

Aqib Talib is allowing a QB rating of 5.8 when throwing at him. I didn't even know that was possible. To me it is a toss up between Talib and Ware of who has been the biggest impact player of the season so far. Maybe McManus should be on that list too. Still this defense is showing that Talib in the right scheme is one of the top Corners in the entire league.

Harris and Talib combined so far have only given up 11 receptions for 103 yards through 2 games. They are definitely making the argument for best Corner duo in the league. When you throw in they have 3 interceptions and one of those being a pick 6 between the two of them in just 3 games we are beginning to see what happens when you have such a ridiculous pass rush that forces QB's to make quicker decisions against elite Corners.

In the first two games of the season the Broncos have gotten a hurry/hit/sack on 64.7 of the drop backs during the Ravens game and 48.4% of the time in the Chiefs game. Ware and Miller have combined for 3 sacks, 8 QB Hits, and 16 hurries through 2 games. Those are ridiculous almost Madden type numbers. When you throw in then guys like Antonio Smith who had 3 hurries and a sack against the Chiefs and then Malik, Barrett, and Ray into the mix this is shaping up as what could become a historical pass rush moving forward.

Von Miller is the 3rd fastest player in NFL history to 50 sacks with his sack last night.

Manning is only the 2nd QB to 70,000 yards. Crazy to me that we are watching a player like Von who is on a path to a HOF career and on the other end of the spectrum a player who is winding down a HOF career. These are the type of players you need to win a Super Bowl and we definitely have them here.

Also this game brought in the highest viewership of any Thursday Night game in NFL history. There was a Patriots fan on the General Board saying that Nationally nobody cares about this Broncos/Chiefs game and I said I would be willing to bet this game easily has more viewers than the Patriots/Bills game. He laughed at that comment. Peyton Manning will always be a huge draw plus when it is the only game on it definitely helps. Throw in the Chiefs have been more relevant than that of the Bills of recent history. While the Bills looked good week 1 I don't think they have made anybody believers quite yet until they can show it against a team like the Patriots.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I noticed on the pick-6 by Manning. If Manning chooses to throw it to Sanders, it's a Denver TD. Other silly mistakes probably took another 7-10 points off our score. This team is tantalizingly close to being VERY dangerous. We tune up the O-line, we are there.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I noticed on the pick-6 by Manning. If Manning chooses to throw it to Sanders, it's a Denver TD. Other silly mistakes probably took another 7-10 points off our score. This team is tantalizingly close to being VERY dangerous. We tune up the O-line, we are there.

That to me is what is crazy about this team. I do believe that both Baltimore and the Chiefs are playoff caliber teams. The Broncos right now are nowhere near firing on all cylinders on offense. This is going to be a growing process that is going to look down right ugly at times. And so far that has happened. Yet even as this team is trying to figure out what they are on offense they are still winning on the backs of the defense. I am so excited to see what this team can be after the Bye Week. We survive these first 6 games and I think this team could really go on a run.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another fun fact is that Manning has as many touchdown passes thrown @Arrowhead Stadium as Alex Smith does in his career. Manning in 8 games has 23 touchdowns and Smith in 18 games has 23 touchdown passes.

The whole Maclin changes the Chiefs offense where the WR's will become more involved is showing to be just a load of crap. The Chiefs tried to blame Bowe and just not having talent at the WR position but spending huge money on Maclin they are still doing pretty much what they have always done with the WR. Smith only targeted a WR 10 times the entire game. You take away the long pass to Maclin and I think he has under 20 yards passing to a WR in that game.

The Broncos spent the entire 3 days getting ready for this game by pumping in ridiculous crowd noise to try and simulate how the game would be. It obviously paid off as the team has 0 presnap penalties in this game. This to me is just another showing of the difference in coaching staff. On the defensive side of the ball we are seeing pretty much the same team as last year yet this defense looks poised to finish top-2 or 3 in the NFL in pretty much every category. Wade Phillips is showing he knows how to use this talent. Now we see with this of preparing especially these young guys on offense for the crowd noise just how much having a great coaching staff can change the outcome of a game.

Last edited:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This might be one of my favorite videos just showing the reaction of the Chiefs fans.