• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 17: Steelers @ Seahawks Thread

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:behindsofa:...hi guys

Just wanted to say "good game", I'm honestly shocked Pittsburgh won.

Anyway, hope you all finish on a high note vs Arizona. Happy New Year to all the Seahawks fans on here
Thanks brother… You guys have some momentum, playing good ball right now, slip in and maybe make some noise … Good luck, and Happy New Year back at ya …

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rest of us watched the whole game and you watched one play.

why? because i said " A turn over at the end of the game would be the reason we lose" ? I all ready stated the defense played like shit but we still had a chance TILL.... till what happened? oh thats right a turnover near the end of the game. But instead of being right like i was you all want to turn it into a focused hate on one player. LMAO! keep reaching.

With 6 minutes left and the ball the hawks had a chance to score and tie it up, Geno fumbled DEEP on our side of the field and the Steelers basically sealed away the game. Did they not? Did i watch a different game? Did Geno not Fumble on the Hawks side of the field leading to points for the Steelers in the final minutes? I am blown away with all the deflection.

Did Geno Fumble at the end of the game? yes
Did the Steelers score points on that fumble to get a 2 score lead? yes.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why? because i said " A turn over at the end of the game would be the reason we lose" ? I all ready stated the defense played like shit but we still had a chance TILL.... till what happened? oh thats right a turnover near the end of the game. But instead of being right like i was you all want to turn it into a focused hate on one player. LMAO! keep reaching.

With 6 minutes left and the ball the hawks had a chance to score and tie it up, Geno fumbled DEEP on our side of the field and the Steelers basically sealed away the game. Did they not? Did i watch a different game? Did Geno not Fumble on the Hawks side of the field leading to points for the Steelers in the final minutes? I am blown away with all the deflection.

Did Geno Fumble at the end of the game? yes
Did the Steelers score points on that fumble to get a 2 score lead? yes.
There isn't anyone but you that believes Geno is the reason they lost that game. It's not hard to understand.

The offense had lost two of the starting linemen and Walker. What was a pretty solid offense in the first half degraded as they lost players.

What was consistent from the first kick off through to the end was the putrid defense.

As has been said, if you want to hang everything on Geno you are more than entitled to do so. It's a weekly thing with you so it's not a shock to anyone. The rest of us will look at the whole team and judge the entire team performance and not predispose to look only to how one player does as the reason they win or lose.

Defense gives up nearly 500y AT HOME. Couldn't tackle. Bad angles. Blown up nearly every play at the line. But hey, the offense could have still overcame and failed to do so because one guy was bad!

It's just a totally garbage take and there isn't anyone on this site that doesn't agree with that.

Feel free to stop trying to defend it and just live in your misery.

Lineman16

Yep
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This defense scheme sucks and that the root of it. I'm not a Geno fan but it's not all on him "This Game"....but the garbage dropping ends in zone pass coverage is BS. Sorry but it's true!

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, fellas. It's kinda looking like see you next year. This defense just doesn't compete and it's time for a major change. I honestly won't be surprised if Zona copies and pastes this exact same formula. We are right back to where we were last year when teams shoved the ball down our gullets. Didn't like Pete's use of the challenge flag that cost us a T.O. and wish DK could have pulled in that throw late but we had no answer on the other side of the ball. I think a lot of people just assumed we would win this thing but we look at QBs way too much and don't pay attention to the meat and potatoes of a team. Pittsburgh dominated the trenches and kicked our ass. Honestly, I'm surprised we even kept it close and scored 23 points vs these guys.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good god, I don't think I've seen run defense that bad since the last time I watched a JV HS game. What an embarrassment!

The only other thought I want to yell to the sky about this game is why did we kick it on-side when there was 2:01 left? We only had 2 TOs. That ball should have either been blasted out of the end zone or even kicked out of bounds to ensure we could have the 2 min warning as the 3rd TO to preserve a shot to get the ball back with enough time left for a last gasp effort. Poor strategy, Pete!!!

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe if AZ stomps us like pitt did we can move on from this coaching staff

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game was a complete mess for the Hawks. Defensively this team is just atrocious at stopping the run. And I blame Pete entirely for that. We all were clamoring to upgrade Al Woods and instead he chose to go with smaller players.

Devin Bush had 17 tackles yesterday but only 4 solo tackles. Bobby had 14 and 4. Taylor and Mafe had 5 tackles between them. That's a recipe for failure.

We will probably win next weekend and somehow sneak into the playoffs and that will be the justification for Pete to stick around another year. Kinda depressing.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe if AZ stomps us like pitt did we can move on from this coaching staff

If only that were to happen. Instead we will eek out a win against a poor Cardinals team, the Packers will blow it again and we will become fodder in the playoffs.

And Pete will talk about how he team finished strong and is poised for success next season.

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched the game again this morning, line getting blown back off snap, no / poor technique tackling, players out of position....god i hope coaching changes happen next year. No way Jody does it though, Pete needs to retire.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good god, I don't think I've seen run defense that bad since the last time I watched a JV HS game. What an embarrassment!

The only other thought I want to yell to the sky about this game is why did we kick it on-side when there was 2:01 left? We only had 2 TOs. That ball should have either been blasted out of the end zone or even kicked out of bounds to ensure we could have the 2 min warning as the 3rd TO to preserve a shot to get the ball back with enough time left for a last gasp effort. Poor strategy, Pete!!!
Yeah, that onside kick was mind-boggling. It wasn't as bad as the challenge flag earlier but it was dumb.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only bright spot from yesterday is possibly with how Pitt curbed stomped the defense, hopefully that signals the end for Clint Hurtts and get a DC in here to get back to the 4-3 base scheme.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game was case in point as to why we should have taken jalen carter. Witherspoon is a nice player, but you dont build a team from the outside in.

The stealers absolutely dominated at the line of scrimmage on both sides
Jalen Cater has been hit or miss on eagles defense.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that onside kick was mind-boggling. It wasn't as bad as the challenge flag earlier but it was dumb.

Honestly, I didn't mind that call. The game was over if Pittsburgh got one 1st down. Given we hadn't stopped them at all that day, relying on the defense to stop them was folly.

As it turned out the defense did fail to stop them.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If only that were to happen. Instead we will eek out a win against a poor Cardinals team, the Packers will blow it again and we will become fodder in the playoffs.

And Pete will talk about how he team finished strong and is poised for success next season.
Yeah the Seahawks are stuck in no man land again. Too many good players to actual suck but too many holes to be actually good. I imagine the Seahawks will make some cap cuts which will create more holes to fill but not sure they will end up with enough cap space to make a major move and the draft capitol is looking lean and late once again. It is discouraging.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the Seahawks are stuck in no man land again. Too many good players to actual suck but too many holes to be actually good. I imagine the Seahawks will make some cap cuts which will create more holes to fill but not sure they will end up with enough cap space to make a major move and the draft capitol is looking lean and late once again. It is discouraging.
too many good players to suck, which ones would be good trade bait? I think only metcalf would be, I cant think of any other players that are tradeable. I dont think this roster has many "good" players, its full of mediocre.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We are just not going to go anywhere with Pete running the show.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
too many good players to suck, which ones would be good trade bait? I think only metcalf would be, I cant think of any other players that are tradeable. I dont think this roster has many "good" players, its full of mediocre.
IDK about trade value, but on offense the RBs, WRs and OTs are decent. On defense Mafe, Woolen, Witherspoon maybe Nwosu are likely core players and players like Love , Reed are "good enough" to fill a spot for a bit. Maybe Cameron Young and Derick Hall can contribute next season although it isn't looking good considering they weren't used this season.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Metcalf, Lockett, Fant, Parkinson, and JSN are good players. On D, Mafe, Williams, Woolen, and Spoon are good players. They would all have positive trade value. Not saying we should trade them though.

To be honest, teams can turn around very quickly with only small changes to coaching or personnel, in both directions. The Niners are the most talented team in the league but it's not like all 22 starters are Pro Bowlers. Some of them are straight up league average.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK about trade value, but on offense the RBs, WRs and OTs are decent. On defense Mafe, Woolen, Witherspoon maybe Nwosu are likely core players and players like Love , Reed are "good enough" to fill a spot for a bit. Maybe Cameron Young and Derick Hall can contribute next season although it isn't looking good considering they weren't used this season.

Hall played a bunch of snaps yesterday. He's actually shown some promise in the last few games.

Young has been largely MIA.