• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 16 Rams VS HAWKS

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No sadly before my time, my memories of the Seahawks don't really begin until Darrell Jackson and the 2005 seasons, 3 times vs the Rams, and the season ended the perfect way with a TD going through Jackson's hands. Jackson was a great WR, except for the whole catching the ball thing.

I verily remember Hologram's announcement of coming to Seattle. When I was little I mostly watched the Mariners Ken JR, Randy, Eagar, ect. My folks are nonsports fans so what little time I had went to watching the M's.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Statement game... Huge GL stand... That set the tone for the rest of the game... Offense putting the game away on a long drive resulting in a TD with 2:50 left in the 4th quarter... Nice to have Penny back getting some PT... He will be a great asset in the postseason.... Great job all around... Division Champs!

Rooting against GB tonight... Go Titans!

I know me and you have our rough patches this season but

Fx Networks Hug GIF by What We Do in the Shadows

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical Rams/Hawks game and this time it was a defensive battle that went our way. Been a while since we all said this...Division Champs!

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love games like this... Do you remember that game between the Hawks/Chiefs i that Monsoon? Ricky Watters was our RB... That game broke a record for the most shoes lost during a game... I remember Ricky Watters shoes fell of 3x's on one drive... It was crazy... Mud was 3 inches thick...
I remember that game, Derrick Thomas was a monster!! The mud was insane in that game, never seen another game that affected by the elements since.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember that game, Derrick Thomas was a monster!! The mud was insane in that game, never seen another game that affected by the elements since.
Andre Rison caught a bomb to break it open. Threw up the spider man sign right before he caught it.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love games like this... Do you remember that game between the Hawks/Chiefs i that Monsoon? Ricky Watters was our RB... That game broke a record for the most shoes lost during a game... I remember Ricky Watters shoes fell of 3x's on one drive... It was crazy... Mud was 3 inches thick...
When Warren Moon was QB right ?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Hawks beat the 49ers this is what they need for the #1 seed. They Need Greenbay to drop their game to the Bears and the Saints to drop their game to the panthers and the Hawks are #1 seed If Greenbay loses and Saints win hawks are the #2 if both win the Hawks are #3.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Satisfying win for sure. I don't know if it was the team's best performance of the season, but it was definitely the best win. A few of my day-after takeaways:
  • With the defense so vastly improved over the Sep/Oct version, it looks like our gameplan is back to conservative to completely risk averse offense in the first half, then opening it up when needed in the 2nd to make the plays to win the game. It might work with the way the D seems to have turned plus the stable of backs we now have, but that's a lot to put on a defense that has been "good" for less than half a season.
  • Jordyn Brooks is fantastic. He's fast, aggressive, and strong. Aaron Curry was those things as well, but I think where Brooks makes himself a better play is with the instincts. He's frequently right at the critical point around the LOS. As underwhelming as you may think Schneider's 1st round picks have been, I don't think Brooks is going to be part of that argument.
  • I've seen lots of teams crack the code on how to get Goff to play poorly (get in his face and make him move), but the Hawks were not really ever able to do it until yesterday. Goff was pressured more in the 1st half of yesterday's game than any other half this year. Goff probably shouldn't have been playing there at the end, and his availability going forward will be a story to key an eye on. We could very well play the Rams again in round 1.
  • Regardless of what happens with Dunbar next year, I hope DJ Reed comes back. He's been more than adequate even as a starting CB, and he's a nice bonus as a PR.
  • We made plays when needed on both sides of the ball yesterday, but I still think both the O & D need much improvement on 3rd downs.
Well, feels pretty good to beat the Rams to reclaim the division after several years of being a WC. Now we all need to be Bears & Panthers fans for 1 week!

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to give a shout out to Jordyn Brooks... He's been balling out of his mind the past 4 weeks... He was definitely instrumental yesterday, especially on that GL stand... He had 8 tackles yesterday, (2) for loss (leading the team)... He doesn't get as many snaps due to us going to (2) LB's, KJ & Wags, when the opposing team is in a (3) WR Set but he's been making the best of the snaps he's being given... Definitely gives us hope moving forward... Looks like Schneider finally got one of our 1st round picks right...

Alton Robinson played pretty good as well... He was pressuring Goff consistently it seemed from Goff's blindside......

J. Reed is very productive as a pass rusher when our ends are putting pressure on the QB... That was definitely missing last season... Dunlap has made a huge difference in Reed's production... 3 sacks from Reed yesterday paid dividends...

Last edited:

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brooks makes the tackle on 4th and goal... KJ Wright blows up the TE making it tougher on the RB...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I’m seriously thinking Pete took control of the defense, because we’re back to doing old tricks, 3 man rush, Adams in coverage more, smarter blitzing... I think Pete realized it wasn’t gonna work the way things were going, because this defense has really done a 180, quickly ... Yeah we had some injuries, but this is more than just getting healthier, something has changed fundamentally and I think Pete took the reigns honestly ...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I’m seriously thinking Pete took control of the defense, because we’re back to doing old tricks, 3 man rush, Adams in coverage more, smarter blitzing... I think Pete realized it wasn’t gonna work the way things were going, because this defense has really done a 180, quickly ... Yeah we had some injuries, but this is more than just getting healthier, something has changed fundamentally and I think Pete took the reigns honestly ...
We're able to play more Cover 1 and Cover 3 because we're getting pressure with our front 4... That's definitely Pete's model for success with his defenses... That definitely was not the case the first 7 or 8 games of the season... We couldn't even get consistent pressure when we blitzed earlier on in the season... Hard when your front 4 isn't touching the QB...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True
We're able to play more Cover 1 and Cover 3 because we're getting pressure with our front 4... That's definitely Pete's model for success with his defenses... That definitely was not the case the first 7 or 8 games of the season... We couldn't even get consistent pressure when we blitzed earlier on in the season... Hard when your front 4 isn't touching the QB..

True, pass rush is always huge... But I’m seeing more press coverage, CB not playing way off the receivers... Different zones with 3 man rushes... More aggression ... We’re actually throwing different looks not being so predictable... I’m thinking Pete either limited what Norton can call or he’s calling the defense all together... I could be wrong, but watching Norton the last 3 years this certainly isn’t Norton like the last 4-5 weeks ... Somethig changed, maybe Pete is saving Norton from Norton ? Lol

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We’re the number 2 pass defense since week 12.... Gawd that’s unreal considering the first 12 games ...

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We’re the number 2 pass defense since week 12.... Gawd that’s unreal considering the first 12 games ...

And yet we are still dead last in passing defense (yards allowed). Just goes to show how incredibly bad the pass defense was at the beginning of the year. 2nd in Pass defense over the past 5 games and it still hasn't raised us out of the basement overall.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet we are still dead last in passing defense (yards allowed). Just goes to show how incredibly bad the pass defense was at the beginning of the year. 2nd in Pass defense over the past 5 games and it still hasn't raised us out of the basement overall.

That’s insanity ....

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well they were giving up like 425 yards passing a game average for like the first 8 weeks or so. Going to be hard to move that number down. Just to cut it in half ( 212.5 ) they would have to give up 0 Yards passing in 8 games lol. The fact they are at 287 yards passing per game average now is CRAZY! Thats 6-7 games to lower that amount by 140 yards a game is flat out unbelievable. I feel like many do not understand just how DRASTIC this turn around is just because they are still the worst pass defense when going off the "whole season" and ignoring the fact that they have been the #1 pass defense in the NFL now since the 2nd half of the first rams game in week 10 ( game 9 ).