• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 15: Chargers vs Raiders Thursday Night Thread

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its all relative. Belichick can make a defense out of nothing. Probably the last person I'd want building an offense. Still way better than Staley
Better than Staley of course, better than much cheaper and younger alternatives not so sure

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched a segment on the Rich Eisen show and Suzy Shuster had the perfect analogy for the Staley firing, "slowest ripping off of the band-aid ever".
In a game like that, we need an owner like George Steinbrenner in the NFL. Walk into the locker room at halftime and fire the guy on the spot in front of the whole team, lol. That shit would be hilarious.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched a segment on the Rich Eisen show and Suzy Shuster had the perfect analogy for the Staley firing, "slowest ripping off of the band-aid ever".
In a game like that, we need an owner like George Steinbrenner in the NFL. Walk into the locker room at halftime and fire the guy on the spot in front of the whole team, lol. That shit would be hilarious.
Staley seems like a firm believer in tanking (if he is an analytics guy like his first season would suggest) so I'm sure the logic for keeping him in the first place would also dictate that you should keep him around when he sucks because it'll get you a better draft pick.

The problem is that the Thursday Night game is one of the biggest embarrassments this NFL season. Its kinda easy to keep a guy around when he stinks to get that better draft pick. Its impossible to keep around someone when they are embarrassing.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Staley seems like a firm believer in tanking (if he is an analytics guy like his first season would suggest) so I'm sure the logic for keeping him in the first place would also dictate that you should keep him around when he sucks because it'll get you a better draft pick.

The problem is that the Thursday Night game is one of the biggest embarrassments this NFL season. Its kinda easy to keep a guy around when he stinks to get that better draft pick. Its impossible to keep around someone when they are embarrassing.
Not sure about the tanking thing but as for this being likely the worst embarrassment of the season, yeah I think so. The 50 point loss for the Donkeys was the worst loss but this was in primetime vs. a team that just lost 3-0.

Funny thing was last week Staley was telling the press about how they've been close in all their games and haven't been blown out. Coming out of that and laying an egg this bad is unforgivable.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure about the tanking thing but as for this being likely the worst embarrassment of the season, yeah I think so. The 50 point loss for the Donkeys was the worst loss but this was in primetime vs. a team that just lost 3-0.

Funny thing was last week Staley was telling the press about how they've been close in all their games and haven't been blown out. Coming out of that and laying an egg this bad is unforgivable.
I think this was worse than the Miami v Denver game because its in division. If you get blown out in division, its 10x worse than getting blown out by a team you dont play twice a year imo.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First season was very good, excellent characterization of Reacher and interpretation of the book. The movie with Tom Cruise was entertaining but ridiculous for him to play the Reacher part — cruise is like 5’8”.

Watched first episode of Season 2 last night, it was ok but lacks some of the intensity of Season 1. I’ll watch it, because I love the Reacher books; some of the newer ones are a bit meh -think Lee Child cowrites them with his son now- but the first ones are great stuff.
There is a Reacher series thread in Movies and stuff board. Looks like there several fans!

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't feel like looking it up, but when's the last time the Raiders rang up those kinda points on an opponent...?
When was the last time the Chiefs did? Never.

The most they ever scored was 59 way back in..........................

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But now I'm in the mood to look up the all time series record...

Chiefs-71

Raiders-53

2 ties...

See y'all next weekend... :D

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wondered about the GM too. There doesn't seem to be a shortage of talent on that team. But maybe the GM talked Spanos into keeping Staley around after the "Debacle in Duval" last January and he figured both of them should just go and they get a clean slate going forward.
Belichick will want full control