• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 11: Bears at Rams

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess we can pencil the Bears in to contend in another 10 years....seems to be your move

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at people agreeing with the benching in a 10 point game with just under 4 to play and the LITERAL season on the line.

Y'all are fucking nuts.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really... he has had it coming. He has got to figure it out right now, either he has got to improve or the coach is throwing him under the bus and he better have excuses lined up or he will back up the rest of his career.

I can't even...

The benching was so far out of left field, you'd need a fucking rocket to catch it.

Maybe I've had to much too drink, but the timing was insane to me. The game was still viable. I actually thought Trubisky played ok, for the most part....certainly well enough to win, if a earring-wearing fruitbag could make routine kicks, or Gabriel could catch the fuckin' ball...should've been a minimum of 9-0 before anybody realized the game had started.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fell asleep at the half......What was with the benching.......?

Looking fir a spark,injury or was MT just playing his usual horrible play.....

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes?

(Actually I went to bed at half as well, so I can't comment. )

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely insane to take Trubisky out at that point.

Unbelievable.

Not really if you take into account the entire context.

I'm fairly certain the decision was made after he inexplicably spiked the 3rd and 1 into the turf. This after his previous drive where he threw a ball 8 feet behind Robinson, hitting Ramsey in the ass on 3rd down.

I think it was decided at 10-7 and Nagy was trying to light a spark to save our season. As it was becoming obvious that Mitch was hopeless down the stretch to lead a drive.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was 10-7 for virtually the entire 2nd half. The Bears forced a three-and-out and went down for a TD to start the 2nd half. Then, both teams just exchanged offensive ineptitude until the Rams finally just wore the Bears down and scored to make it 17-7 with 3:30 left.

Then, enter Chase Daniel.

Mitch looked helpless after the TD drive and the sequences were getting progressively more pathetic. The throws he was missing and the mistakes he was making were spiraling. The end zone looked five million miles away when we possessed the ball.

I swear, that was the first time I've truly ever felt like we had a better chance at scoring when the D was on the field. Down 10-7 Fuller jumped an out route and it hit him in the hands. Would have been a pick six. On 3rd and long for the Rams in the 4th quarter back at their own 13. The Bears busted up a screen and force a fumble that I swear sat there for an eternity before a Ram narrowly beat Robertson-Harris to the live ball.

Those type of things were happening for us on D. Offensively? It was just utterly hopeless. Mitch took a sack when he had a wide open Robinson streaking downfield. He spiked a 3rd and 1 into the ground. He underthrew Robinson on another 3rd down by 8 feet.

I think Nagy made the decision after the Bears punted with 8 minutes remaining. When it was still competitive at 10-7. Then, it just so happened that Daniel did not enter until it was a moot point.

All speculation... but I think we see Daniel regardless of LAR's TD.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fairness beardown07, in richig's summary, there were a few bad drops as well. But Mitch throwing a 2 yard pass to Cohen 1/2 yard on 3rd and 1. I could live with this if it was the oddity. He is pretty consistent though. Is it confidence based on a bad Oline? Massie's injury didn't help. Systemic issue? I don't know. Pace's look on his face when Collins was chewing him out for poor decisions as GM on national tv said a lot.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They went the injury route but I have no doubt that it was a benching...Spinelessness in the name of "caring."

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really if you take into account the entire context.

I'm fairly certain the decision was made after he inexplicably spiked the 3rd and 1 into the turf. This after his previous drive where he threw a ball 8 feet behind Robinson, hitting Ramsey in the ass on 3rd down.

I think it was decided at 10-7 and Nagy was trying to light a spark to save our season. As it was becoming obvious that Mitch was hopeless down the stretch to lead a drive.

I don't remember this for some reason?

Nagy has stated that he hurt his hip in the first half and was playing thru pain.

He was benched tho, with almost 4 minutes left in a 10 point game. A game the Bears played better in, imo.

Both teams' offenses struggled against good Defenses in the second half.

I don't like the decision to bench him at that time, particularly when we know exactly what his backup is. I mean Goff had like 4 straight 3 and outs in the second half...was he benched? That decision to bench him, was a permanent one. You ostensibly just pulled the plug on Trubisky for good.

I don't think the kid is near as hopeless as everyone wants to believe. Bears fans want a day one Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady...anything short of that, and he'll be crucified. A whole lot went into Trubisky's regression this year, besides just him missing some throws. It's very narrow-sighted to just throw up your hands and say Trubisky isn't the guy IMO. I get it, I do, but I think it's lame. Not a fan of blowing up the team after a rough spell.

I have much more angst towards Nagy then I do Mitch. I think he's done a terrible job this year and it started way back in preseason.

flclfanman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nagy has to go.

His stubbornness in play-calling and making adjustments is not only costing the team games, but his locker room.

Nobody is buying his coach-speak BS anymore. It's been over a month of painful offensive ineptitude from the so-called "guru".

Is Matt Nagy the reverse Dick Jauron? ( a bad coach with a fluke good season)?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember this for some reason?

Nagy has stated that he hurt his hip in the first half and was playing thru pain.

He was benched tho, with almost 4 minutes left in a 10 point game. A game the Bears played better in, imo.

Both teams' offenses struggled against good Defenses in the second half.

I don't like the decision to bench him at that time, particularly when we know exactly what his backup is. I mean Goff had like 4 straight 3 and outs in the second half...was he benched? That decision to bench him, was a permanent one. You ostensibly just pulled the plug on Trubisky for good.

I don't think the kid is near as hopeless as everyone wants to believe. Bears fans want a day one Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady...anything short of that, and he'll be crucified. A whole lot went into Trubisky's regression this year, besides just him missing some throws. It's very narrow-sighted to just throw up your hands and say Trubisky isn't the guy IMO. I get it, I do, but I think it's lame. Not a fan of blowing up the team after a rough spell.

I have much more angst towards Nagy then I do Mitch. I think he's done a terrible job this year and it started way back in preseason.

I have said that I am purely speculating. I don't know that for sure. However, that "arm around Mitch" conversation did happen after the punt and not after they went down and scored. So, I don't think it's a giant assumption.

I don't like the decision to bench him at that time, particularly when we know exactly what his backup is.

I think that regardless of who the backup is. You're trying to light a spark and all hope appeared lost for Mitch to lead a drive. I get it. Mitch was spiraling and the sequences were only getting worse.

I mean Goff had like 4 straight 3 and outs in the second half...was he benched?

It's not just 4 straight 3 and outs. It's total ineptitude all season. Rodgers has had consecutive bad drives. All HOF QB's have. It's a different situation with Mitch. Plus, we were losing. We needed to spark a comeback to save our season. They needed to run the clock out and/or seal a win. They did not need a season saving comeback.

Bears fans want a day one Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady...anything short of that, and he'll be crucified.

There is such a MASSIVE gap between Rodgers/Brady and QB's like Mitch. That's crazy. I mean, it's not a one or the other thing.

"Short of Brady or Rodgers" is guys like Watson, Rivers, Stafford, Prescott, Wentz, etc... Bears fans would murder for those guys right now. We have lost 3 games where the defense allowed 10, 17 and 17. You don't need Rodgers or Brady to make you a contender. You just need pedestrian play. Hell, Derek Carr will do.

Mitch is in year #3 of starting with 36 games under his belt. He's not a baby anymore. He is a veteran, in the 2nd year of his current offensive system and he has probably been the worst starting QB in football.

Also, this narrative of "Bears fans always crucify their QB's!" strikes me funny. Like... let's say that's true. They got an undefeated record with it then, don't they? lol. Harbaugh, Mirer, McNown, Rex, Cutler and now Trubisky. Shaping up to be the right move to doubt ALL OF THEM.

You would have to see how Bears fans react to a legitimately successful QB to make some claim that they're unfair. Hell, McMahon was middling as hell and he's treated like a god.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any of those better QBs that you mentioned....if they came to Chicago, they would somehow, some way, turn into a pumpkin at midnight the day after arriving.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any of those better QBs that you mentioned....if they came to Chicago, they would somehow, some way, turn into a pumpkin at midnight the day after arriving.

I don't believe in black magic or curses. I don't think there is a magic spell that has been cast on the Bears QB position.

Just a service level NFL QB hits the vast majority of the horrific Trubisky misses that he has compiled over his time here. That's not even talking "above average" or "good QB's" like the names I mentioned.

At the end of the day, Mitch literally has about 4 "good" "franchise QB" NFL games. Meaning, he played at a level where you go "He looked like a franchise QB". CIN 2017 and then TB/DET/GB in 2018.

Hell, over a quarter of his career TD passes came from those three games in 2018. What does that say about the QB that Mitch has been during his time here?

He's just been a bad QB. He literally doesn't do anything well (outside of run; which doesn't happen anymore). He had a bunch of problems when he got there... and they're ALL still there. There were a small, SMALL handful of fleeting moments where things sort of clicked. But he never actually grasped a hold of those things.

Yeah, Nagy has been bad this year. He's also had to continually reduce his playbook to simplify things for Mitch and Mitch still can't execute on these basic things.

We can all be hard on Nagy. That's fine. I agree. But when Trubisky doesn't see a receiver sprinting open, when he fires a pass straight into the turf or sails it over an open receivers head. When Mitch takes a sack unnecessarily. That's not the scheme. EVERY SINGLE Trubisky game has those plays scattered throughout them and they kill us. Nagy is often scheming receivers open that Mitch just misses.

Every high draft pick that has ever failed has played under a HC that also failed. Do we look back at any other busts and excuse them for playing under losing/shitty HC's? No, we don't. I don't see why I would do that for Mitch. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see all of his flaws.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe in black magic or curses. I don't think there is a magic spell that has been cast on the Bears QB position.

Just a service level NFL QB hits the vast majority of the horrific Trubisky misses that he has compiled over his time here. That's not even talking "above average" or "good QB's" like the names I mentioned.

At the end of the day, Mitch literally has about 4 "good" "franchise QB" NFL games. Meaning, he played at a level where you go "He looked like a franchise QB". CIN 2017 and then TB/DET/GB in 2018.

Hell, over a quarter of his career TD passes came from those three games in 2018. What does that say about the QB that Mitch has been during his time here?

He's just been a bad QB. He literally doesn't do anything well (outside of run; which doesn't happen anymore). He had a bunch of problems when he got there... and they're ALL still there. There were a small, SMALL handful of fleeting moments where things sort of clicked. But he never actually grasped a hold of those things.

Yeah, Nagy has been bad this year. He's also had to continually reduce his playbook to simplify things for Mitch and Mitch still can't execute on these basic things.

We can all be hard on Nagy. That's fine. I agree. But when Trubisky doesn't see a receiver sprinting open, when he fires a pass straight into the turf or sails it over an open receivers head. When Mitch takes a sack unnecessarily. That's not the scheme. EVERY SINGLE Trubisky game has those plays scattered throughout them and they kill us. Nagy is often scheming receivers open that Mitch just misses.

Every high draft pick that has ever failed has played under a HC that also failed. Do we look back at any other busts and excuse them for playing under losing/shitty HC's? No, we don't. I don't see why I would do that for Mitch. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see all of his flaws.

I agree with this.

But Nagy's still a f*cktard in my book until proven otherwise...

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this.

But Nagy's still a f*cktard in my book until proven otherwise...

Nagy has been a fucktard this season. But I'm not convinced that a lot of HC's wouldn't turn into a desperate fucktard if they had a QB as incompetent as Mitch and a line that couldn't open a running lane to save their lives.

I would really like to see Nagy with a veteran QB next season before I dismiss him.

What I would probably like to see is for Nagy to give up play calling duties and delegate that through Helfrich. Nagy is undoubtedly creative with a lot of things he does in designs and personnel packages. Particularly in the passing game. However, that doesn't make him a good in-game play caller.