• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 1 Preseason Thread

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,371.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks that way right now, but it's only preseason besides hindsight is 20/20

I wasn't basing my opinion off pre-season so far. It's just my overall opinion.....Savage's stock fell when he was drafted and a smart selection by them. I was saying this way before they signed Osweiler.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't basing my opinion off pre-season so far. It's just my overall opinion.....Savage's stock fell when he was drafted and a smart selection by them. I was saying this way before they signed Osweiler.
Wasn't trying to rip you, and looking at today's game you are 100% correct. I started to include maybe the Texans saw enough of Savage last year to not want to go that direction, but erased that because at least they saw Savage in practice, they have a lot less on Osweiler.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope- saw a half season of a QB that was a dear in headlights when it came to sensing pressure. I just don't talk Osweiler 24/7 on the Hoop just like I don't nitpick Alex's averageness 24/7. But if we want to talk about QB's, just what on Earth do you think Sanchez is? Osweiler's sack rate was around 10% which is an impressively awful number for any QB regardless of the O-line. Can't sense the pressure.

For Osweiler it went beyond just not sensing pressure in my opinion. He also struggled with the idea of throwing the ball away. He took a ridiculous number of hits trying to run towards the sideline and instead of throwing it away would take a sack or at least a big hit as he released the ball. He also is one that thinks he is more athletic than he is. They used him to run some in college and while he did ok he still thinks of himself as a running QB at times and he can be about as clumsy as they come and takes a while to get his legs going which again leads to him taking some brutal hits. What people forget is that for the playoffs it wasn't just that Brock Osweiler got benched but he also couldn't hardly practice in the playoffs because his body was so beat up. Every week they added a new body part that was injured because of the beating he was taking. Some of it was our OL was just that bad but Osweiler is just as to blame for his hits.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,371.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't trying to rip you, and looking at today's game you are 100% correct. I started to include maybe the Texans saw enough of Savage last year to not want to go that direction, but erased that because at least they saw Savage in practice, they have a lot less on Osweiler.

It may not be in Houston but I think Savage can be a serviceable NFL starter......

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle Seahawks are winning the Super Bowl this season!
I don't care what you guys say, the are legit!
I don't care the DB from Kansas City will be baggin groceries next week
That was a statement game!

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle Seahawks are winning the Super Bowl this season!
I don't care what you guys say, the are legit!
I don't care the DB from Kansas City will be baggin groceries next week
That was a statement game!

LMFAO