• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 1 in the books

Biggest suprise from week 1?

• Steph's / Team High Turnover Total

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Klay's overall improvement, allstar this year?

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Andre's overall impact on team / Team FGA <40%

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Inconsistent bench play

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • National media showing Dubs some love

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biggest Dub surprise so far?

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really surprised by any of these. I guess I'm most surprised by Klay's growth, although after watching him in the playoffs, it isn't a shock the guy is defending/shooting so well.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I knew the defense would be improved, but the biggest surprise to me has to be how good Bogut has been around the rim. We saw flashes of what he could do last year, but this year he's been a complete beast. He's been so good, that no one has mentioned how bad Lee is on defense. He makes up for so much protecting the rim and he's changing the game plan of teams. It's incredible.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iguodala's impact on the team

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I knew the defense would be improved, but the biggest surprise to me has to be how good Bogut has been around the rim. We saw flashes of what he could do last year, but this year he's been a complete beast. He's been so good, that no one has mentioned how bad Lee is on defense. He makes up for so much protecting the rim and he's changing the game plan of teams. It's incredible.

Bogut was a beast in milwaukee don't forget

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, but he also was pre ankle and elbow injury form. You can't really compare and expect him to play as he did in Milwaukee, especially after missing pretty much the last 2 1/2 years to injury.

ChuckDurn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Have to agree with this. You just see other players approach the lane and then flare out when they see Bogut there. You can't measure that in his individual statistics, but it shows up in the shooting percentages, and where teams are shooting from. I don't know of a website that shows where teams are forcing opponents' shots to be taken from, and the shooting percentage (i.e. opponent teams' shot charts), but I suspect that's where his contribution really shows up.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought we'd see more offense from him this year. I'd love if he became yet another weapon on offense, especially on days when the jumpers aren't dropping.

Perhaps he'll be utilized more against San Antonio

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to agree with this. You just see other players approach the lane and then flare out when they see Bogut there. You can't measure that in his individual statistics, but it shows up in the shooting percentages, and where teams are shooting from. I don't know of a website that shows where teams are forcing opponents' shots to be taken from, and the shooting percentage (i.e. opponent teams' shot charts), but I suspect that's where his contribution really shows up.

I've noticed a lot of situations in which an opposing guard is on a fast break, only to have Iguadola (or Klay) guard him, leading to a set offense rather than a high percentage shot.

The Warriors are doing so many great things on defense that don't show up in the box scores, leading to low percentage shots.

You see it continuing against San Antonio? I wonder who guards Parker: Klay or Iguadola?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've noticed a lot of situations in which an opposing guard is on a fast break, only to have Iguadola (or Klay) guard him, leading to a set offense rather than a high percentage shot.

The Warriors are doing so many great things on defense that don't show up in the box scores, leading to low percentage shots.

You see it continuing against San Antonio? I wonder who guards Parker: Klay or Iguadola?

Let's have Iguodala show us why we got him. Parker is a menace. Whoever has to guard him is in for a tiring night.

ChuckDurn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Let's have Iguodala show us why we got him. Parker is a menace. Whoever has to guard him is in for a tiring night.

I think they'll probably switch up on him, with a combination of Thompson starting on him as well as Iguodala getting some time. I think they'll put Curry on Green - he doesn't have the size to match up with Leonard, who will just take him down-low.

With Curry's ankle probably being a little tender, I wouldn't be averse to seeing a little more of Douglas in the next game, harassing Parker as he always harassed Curry. In that case, I want Iguodala in the game to actually run the team on offense, though.....

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they'll probably switch up on him, with a combination of Thompson starting on him as well as Iguodala getting some time. I think they'll put Curry on Green - he doesn't have the size to match up with Leonard, who will just take him down-low.

With Curry's ankle probably being a little tender, I wouldn't be averse to seeing a little more of Douglas in the next game, harassing Parker as he always harassed Curry. In that case, I want Iguodala in the game to actually run the team on offense, though.....

Cury is a liability on defense no matter who he gaurds in San Antonio. Green is too big for him, Parker is too quick and, as you said, Leonard you'd abuse him down low. He doesn't match up well with any of them but I guess Green would have to be the choice with some help. Iguodala would work nicely on Green but they need him elsewhere.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought we'd see more offense from him this year. I'd love if he became yet another weapon on offense, especially on days when the jumpers aren't dropping.

Perhaps he'll be utilized more against San Antonio

Bogut can score 0 points, and still the most important Dub on the floor for us. His right elbow may never be the same, I don't want him out there at the elbow shooting jumpers. He's ability to handle and pass to back door cutters is more important.

Scoring isn't going to be this team's problem this year. Having the ability to hold the OPP FG% < 45% is going to be stellar. I don't think the DUbs will continue to hold the OPP under 40% all year long, it would be nice, but I don't see that happening.